PS5-MQTT: Control PlayStation 5 devices using MQTT

It’s all in the documentation

1 Like

I did read document, the part i don’t get its where i’m going to do the “function call” to convert my ssocookie

// This is the value you copied from the previous step.
const myNpsso = “<64 character token>”;

// We’ll exchange your NPSSO for a special access code.
const accessCode = await exchangeNpssoForCode(npsso);

// :rocket: We can use the access code to get your access token and refresh token.
const authorization = await exchangeCodeForAccessToken(accessCode);

You don’t need to convert it. The application does so for you.

ok this is what i got:

i added the NPSSO on my secret.yalm and on the ps5-mqtt configuration i added:

But i’m getting this error now:

Failed to save add-on configuration, Missing option ‘psn_accounts’ in root in PS5 MQTT (df2164f9_ps5_mqtt). Got {‘mqtt’: {}, ‘logger’: ‘@ha:ps5:*’, ‘device_check_interval’: 5000, ‘device_discovery_interval’: 60000, ‘account_check_interval’: 5000, ‘include_ps4_devices’: False}

Probably a formatting issue somewhere. Try restarting HA and retrying maybe. And double check all names. Also try it without secrets.

P.s. shouldn’t it be secrets.yaml?

yeap i restarted even rebooted my raspberry pi… and still the same error msgs… "I did fix the secrets (added the “s”)

1 Like

Most likely the formatting is incorrect. I’d advise to use the yaml editor for the configuration instead. Yaml is quite opinionated with regards to indentation and such. And the HA add-on configuration editor isn’t the best implementation for helping you get it right.

Hi @FunkeyFlo , first of all, thank you so much for this amazing add-on, works amazing.
I have a question that I am not sure if its even possible to make or not (tried to check the code and make it by myself, but seems that I am too dumb for things like this)

problem with PSN: a year ago PSN disabled all russian accounts (yeah, unfortunatelly I am russian and not proud of it to be honest). So you can check the info of a user (online, what this account is playing etc.) but when you try to login to playstation network it gives an error, therefore entering to your account is kind of impossible, but all your activity is available to other users

Solution: I saw that there is a way of searching for users from the API, so it might be possible to get this information from the npsso, also for people who want to check who is online that might be usefull. for example in the config we can input a list of users that we want to follow and the integration will create a sensor for each account, or 1 sensor with different attributes for all the info from the accounts that we input in the configuration. Also I saw that there is an option to check the trophies on the title that you are currently playing.

I tried replicating the work of the api by myself to get this info with a rest sensor, but it seems that sony thought about that and is impossible to get the information without requesting it from sony server, so there is no way of pulling this info on a “normal way”

I am not sure, maybe this is a feature that you were planning to implement

1 Like

I have the docker version of the HA is there another way to add your addon?

Been trying to figure out how to do this with unraid for a while now…

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
I managed to setup it up, but i constantly lose connection with ps5.

• are you turning it fully off?
  • might your network connection be unstable?
  • what value did you set the scan interval to? And have you tried increasing it.
  • No I’m putting it only to sleep mode. (it wakes up and it connects normally from the Remote Play iOS app)
  • do you mean those values?
  • DEVICE_CHECK_INTERVAL=5000
    - DEVICE_DISCOVERY_INTERVAL=60000
    - ACCOUNT_CHECK_INTERVAL=5000

If yes no I haven’t messed with them, what values do you suggest of putting?

Thorn
Above your post created a more complicated method, but it had create an icon from the page https://www.nicepng.com/png/full/10-104138_blue-playstation-logo-png-playstation-logo-no-background.png
How can i implement this into your mushroom card?

just had this notification, do i have to do anything or will it be updated?

Discovered entities with a name that starts with the device name

This stops working in version 2024.2.0. Please address before upgrading.

Some MQTT entities have an entity name that starts with the device name. This is not expected. To avoid a duplicate name the device name prefix is stripped of the entity name as a work-a-round. Please inform the maintainer of the software application that supplies the affected entities to fix this issue.

This requires a change in the add on. Progress can be tracked via this GitHub issue.

Estimated time of delivery: Soon™️

1 Like

Can we also get an unraid docker version in 2024? lol

1 Like

Hi, thanks. Im currently stuck here for some reason, I created the run.sh file but it says doesn’t exist, not sure what I did wrong I put the file in the same folder I made @FunkeyFlo