PSA: Alexa Media Player v4.13.3 breaks all versions of Home Assistant

So this is installed pending restart for me
Is there any way to roll back at this point?

My ha restarts itself overnight so would like to fix this before I go to bed :rofl:

Edit:
Okay, I’ve disabled AMP and I’ve found the redownload button and redownload the old version
It now says I have two pending restarts for AMP

Am I safe to reboot?

How do you revert?

You seem to be on HACS 2.0 so in HA go to Developer Tools > Actions and then

action: update.install
data:
  version: v4.13.2
target:
  entity_id: update.alexa_media_player_update

then if you check the update.alexa_media_player_update entity it’ll show the installed version

1 Like

I think I’m good right?

Reboot safe?

Goto Hacs press the 3 dots icon. Redownload and select the other release. Download and restart

2 Likes

Please can Home Assistant add a limit to prevent memory leaks or an addon using soo much RAM that it crashes.

I’ve found there is an option to limit RAM usage by add-on but it’s not implemented by default.

Yeah think so…if you have AMP Integration disabled it’ll not impact HA anyway…

1 Like

Add-ons and Integrations are two different things…AMP is an Integration rather than an Add-on…
In your other thread where you mention Node Red that is an Add-on.

(but a good idea if it’s possible)

Thanks a lot! this was wrecking my head all evening trying to figure out what was happening!

1 Like

I’m having the feeling that the add-on was causing problems also before 4.13.2. it wasn’t crashing HA but I had high CPU usage without any reason. I didn’t look for it and just restarted HA. Not sure if this is correct I will try.

1 Like

SO glad there is a post about this! I upgraded to 10.0 and got the memory leak errors! Fortunately I had a full backup less than a month old.

If I disable the update entity in the Alexa Media Player integration, it’ll stop bugging me for updates (for now) correct?

I hope this finds a new stable home. I use this one a LOT!

Very grateful for this community today!

1 Like

Thank you for this thread!

I’ve been pulling my hair out all day! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for this. I had updated Core yesterday and then saw the update tonight for Alexa Media player. As soon as I updated AMP, I got stuck in the boot loop. When I started searching for an answer, this thread popped up.
Fortunately, I was able to trigger a restore in-between reboots to when I updated the core yesterday, and all seems okay after reinstalling the Core update.

This time when AMP notified me of the update, I skipped it.

Glad I found this… I still had AMP installed, even though it wasn’t in use. Uninstalled and all is good.

Of course, in the interim, I used this as an excuse to upgrade the HP 800 Mini G1 to a G5 version :smiley:

now 4.13.3 has been removed as an update will HA stop blocking it, I mean I never updated to 4.13.3 and yet I got failed to setup and removed and try to re add but authing is in a loop now (enter user, then password then back it goes to user lol)… I litrally use alex just for actionable notifications and thats it.

So… anyone got any idea on Alexa Media Player Alternatives?

1 Like

I reinstalled AMP 4.13.2
Is now running stable since I rolled back

as FYI…looks like the plan to block AMP in HA has been reverted according to this PR now that AMP v4.13.3 has been pulled

@poudenes you asked about the block too so just FYI

DOH!

Wish I’d seen this first. In debugging I removed AMP and now trying to reinstall it I can’t get past the Amazon.co.uk login screen. 2FA is good and matches, grrrrr

“Solution” :laughing:

@Richi_Bowzer @chrisExh try this to solve the login screen issue.

All thanks go to @dbrunt who made a simple, step by step tutorial with pics!

1 Like