PSA: Alexa Media Player v4.13.3 breaks all versions of Home Assistant

Hi everyone. I’m glad I found this thread. I’m not exactly sure what to do, but I’m stuck where I can’t get into HA via a browser nor through SSH. I have a ping -t going, to see if it truly rebooting on me like the others, and if so I going to log in as quickly as possible and disable the Alexa.

Still, I’m not able to get in, what are my options? I have a back up from 3 days ago.

Power it off, plug a keyboard and monitor into the system. Turn it on, when the screen boots up, type

ha core restart --safe-mode

Once you’re into safe mode, disable the integration. And you can restart in non safe mode to downgrade it

2 Likes

Thank you for this response. I’ve gone just this, and I see hope. Hope on a Saturday!

So, just to get this clearly out there.

If you STAY on AMP 4.13.2 you should NOT upgrade to HA 2024.10.1. Is this correct? Otherwise AMP won’t work?

Until a new stable version of AMP is released, then HA should NOT go above 2024.10.0, correct?

No…AMP 4.13.2 works fine with HA 2024.10.1…the block was pulled, see PSA: Alexa Media Player v4.13.3 breaks all versions of Home Assistant - #36 by Gav_in for the details

How to downgrade? Can you explain for dummies like me?

I experience unstability HA boots new every now and then. Maybe coz i made the last alexa media player Update :frowning:

How have you installed AMP?
Version 4.13.3 is no longer available so if for example you are using HACS to install this, then just redownload the custom component and you’ll be back to 4.13.2…if you search this thread there are a few mentions of how to install…

1. Restart HA.
  2. After restart, go to HACS.
  3. Click 3 dots on “Alexa Media Player” repository, right side.
  4. Select “Redownload” from drop down list.
  5. Select previous version from drop down list like on the image.
    65217ca3d71b0892e88919c87c6b75e99412954b_2_623x500
    Thanks to CancunManny for image, using his image.
  6. Restart HA.
2 Likes