PSA: Yale Home integration migration

Forgive my ignorance, I’ve never installed beta versions before, how do I locate it. Sorry if a stupid question.

Great thanks for all your hard work, I have it installed chosing Yale, then Yale Home, yet it still shows as August in the devices is this correct, and I have this now

Failed setup, will retry: Rate limited, try again in 22 minutes

Thanks for the effort, it’s really appreciated!!

A beginners question, how do I remove the August integration?

Based on what you mentioned, I need to do it in order to integrate Yale Home, right?

The new Yale integration is functioning well and is quite fast, but I’ve noticed a bug. I have both the Unity Front Door Lock and the Unity Security Screen Door Lock, and they are linked together. The issue is that when you lock or unlock one of these locks, the other one follows suit, but the status of the second lock isn’t updated in Home Assistant. To refresh the status, you have to open the Yale Home app and check the associated lock. As a result, even if both locks are actually in the same state, one may show as locked while the other shows as unlocked.

We currently don’t support the Unity line in the integration. See supported devices at Yale - Home Assistant. It will likely partially work, but nobody who works on the integration lives in the AU market so that we can support these devices properly.

The new API Yale provided may map only some device functionality for the Unity locks, and they might start working better over time. If you open a GitHub issue with diagnostics and debug logging turned on when you trigger the issue (Troubleshooting your configuration - Home Assistant), we may be able to find enough information to know what to ask them for.

2 Likes

Thanks @bdraco. Just a question.I have opeaned a Github issue… Thanks in advance for your help.

When I first read the thing with the DDOS, I thought “Oh nope,This looks like the next company preparing to pull off the MyQ way of enshittification…”

But then I saw that HA has a new integration ready…

I’ve removed the August integration and added the new Yale integration.

However having a few issues. Both the locks have an Unknown Status until I open the Yale Home app on my phone. I thought the need api prevented the new for opening the Yale home app to refresh the devices.

When I try to unlock it does absolutely nothing.

Is there any best practices I need to follow like creating a separate account for home assistant within Yale Home and using that?

Also would this effect the Yale Smart Living integration at all as since upgrading my smart living fails to start.

Please open a GitHub issue with debug logs AND diagnostics

Yes its best to have a seperate owner account for Home Assistant.

There are no changes for the Yale Smart Living integration at this time.

I think it may be my connect X bridge on its way out already as it keeps going to a flashing green light.

Do you have any advice on how to create a home assistant user? It looks like Yale Home needs to send to a contact and that contact has to have a mobile number which cant be an existing number. There is no way to just invite an email user.

You’ll have to have another phone number (or Google Voice if its supported in your country) to make another owner account.

Hi i am having a problem with my yale sync alarm, and i don’t know if it is to do with the migration as completely different integrations, but it’s only since the migration it has happened, my yale smart living account for my my yale sync alarm witch was working perfectly before just wont connect just keeps saying failed connection i have deleted and reintegrated it but no luck

Hi i am having a problem with my yale sync alarm, and i don’t know if it is to do with the migration as completely different integrations, but it’s only since the migration it has happened, my yale smart living account for my my yale sync alarm witch was working perfectly before just wont connect just keeps saying failed connection i have deleted and reintegrated it but no luck

There were changes in the yale smart alarm integration which are completely unrelated to the new Yale integration for locks and doorbells.

Swapped over to the new intergration a few days ago and one of my locks (unity screendoor) refuses to get the key for bluetooth intergration - should it work like previous? eg automatically?

And man is the api sensitive, reload it twice and locked out for 20mins…Just want my damn keys so bluetooth works :frowning:

The previous Yale Access Bluetooth + August integration worked with an ESPHome Bluetooth proxy (Yale Doorman L3), the new Yale integration does not work since according to the logs it seems to require a Connect hub. Are there any plans to support an ESPHome bluetooth proxy without the Connect hub?

Yale Access Bluetooth doesn’t work anymore because it seems you can’t get the api key and slot number from the Yale integration anymore, at least I haven’t succeeded to obtain it from the logs. I will try to back up the phone and dig it out from the backup when I get an external SSD to put the iPhone backup on.

good to hear its not just me
Messing with iphone backups as well now hopefully can grab the key/slot and not need the yale integration if it works…

Should the database files be visible on Android without rooting or do they become visible only once rooted? I set up and used auto-unlock as per the instructions, but I cannot find any files created by the app. The com.assaabloy.yale folder exists but there are only empty directories in it.

I did try to migrate my Yale Linus lock also to the Yale integration. Unfortunately I cannot set up the integration. When I choose to authenticate by the website of Yale (instead of the Home Assistant Cloud), I get redirected to https://oauth.aaecosystem.com/authorize?response_typ(etcetera...) the black webpages says: {“statusCode”:404,“error”:“Not Found”,“message”:“Not Found”}

What can I do…? I liked the integration of this lock in home assistant.
Thank you!

Did you get Yale Living integration working? It’s been broken on my HA since the 5th of September.