Pulling temperature data from Samsung fridge Freezer into Home Assistant via Smartthings

Hi all,

I have recently moved to home assistant and I am currently trying to intergrate my smartthings devices into home assistant.

I have followed the smartthings intergration in terms of creating a Nabu casa account and logging onto Smartthings IDE to get a api token.

After a few restarts I finally ended up with this card.

Capture

It would seem that the only data I can see from my fridge freezer is the door state which works both on the fridge door and the freezer door.

I can see push notifications in the home assistant logs for the doors and can see the temperatures updated within the data area of the fridgefreezer device page within Smartthings IDE but I cannot figure out how to get these values into home assistant.

I have tried to follow some of the other posts within this forum regarding this issue using cURL commands which I can’t seem to get to work and adding rest sensors to my Config Yaml but the unknown status always seems to remain the same.

I have changed the Device Network ID to something unique and have changed the type from placeholder to Samsung OCF Refrigerator but again no change.

I am new to the world of home assistant, cURL commands and rest sensors but have managed to intergrate shelly bulbs, energy monitor and pulled in PC data using MQTT so it maybe that I am missing something when trying to set up pulling in some data from smartthings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Jasesun

So I managed to get this working with the following config in my configuration.YAML file. However this has now stopped working due to the smartthings api being changed. I can get to a JSON page using the web address “https://api.smartthings.com/v1/devices/----/status” but I can’t understand how to get this working again. I have looked at the restful sensor integration and have tried changing some of the config but nothing seems to work.

Would really appreciate some help with this or some info on why it doesn’t work any longer.

*sensor:*
*  - platform: rest*
*    name: Kitchen Fridge*
*    resource: https://api.smartthings.com/v1/devices/********-****-****-****-************/status*
*    headers:*
*      Authorization: Bearer ********-****-****-****-*************
*    json_attributes:*
*      - "components"*
*    value_template: 'OK'*
*  - platform: template*
*    sensors:*
*      fridge_temperature:*
*        value_template: '{{ states.sensor.kitchen_fridge.attributes["components"]["cooler"]["temperatureMeasurement"]["temperature"]["value"] }}'*
*        device_class: temperature*
*        unit_of_measurement: '°C'*
*      fridge_cooling_setpoint:*
*        value_template: '{{ states.sensor.kitchen_fridge.attributes["components"]["cooler"]["thermostatCoolingSetpoint"]["coolingSetpoint"]["value"] }}'*
*      fridge_rapidcooling:*
*        value_template: '{{ states.sensor.kitchen_fridge.attributes["components"]["main"]["refrigeration"]["rapidCooling"]["value"] }}'*
*      freezer_temperature:*
*        value_template: '{{ states.sensor.kitchen_fridge.attributes["components"]["freezer"]["temperatureMeasurement"]["temperature"]["value"] }}'*
*      freezer_cooling_setpoint:*
*        value_template: '{{ states.sensor.kitchen_fridge.attributes["components"]["freezer"]["thermostatCoolingSetpoint"]["coolingSetpoint"]["value"] }}'*
*      fridge_rapidfreezing:*
*        value_template: '{{ states.sensor.kitchen_fridge.attributes["components"]["main"]["refrigeration"]["rapidFreezing"]["value"] }}'*
*      fridge_switch:*
*        value_template: '{{ states.sensor.kitchen_fridge.attributes["components"]["icemaker"]["switch"]["switch"]["value"] }}'*
*      fridge door:*
*        value_template: '{{ states.sensor.kitchen_fridge.attributes["components"]["cooler"]["contactSensor"]["contact"]["value"] }}'*
*      freezer_door:*
*        value_template: '{{ states.sensor.kitchen_fridge.attributes["components"]["freezer"]["contactSensor"]["contact"]["value"] }}'*

Bump this for help. I think this is still an outstanding issue. Has anyone found any resolution?

I have installed the SmartThings integration and performed the necessary steps to access the device in HA. However I see the same as above, there is only listing for one “Temp measurement” and “temp set point” but the entities have an “unknown” state. However, all the other entities have valid states and update regularly.

Hi, did you ever figure this one out?
Two things that strikes me as odd;

1. authorization should not be with capital ‘A’ (?)
  2. should the word ‘Bearer’ be included in the authorization: ? I thought only the API-KEY should be included?

Hi
This works for me. insert in configuration yaml

rest:
    scan_interval: 60
    resource: https://api.smartthings.com/v1/devices/******************************/status
    headers:
      Authorization: Bearer *****************************
    sensor:
      - name: "samsung_cooler_temperature"
        value_template: "{{ value_json.components.cooler.temperatureMeasurement.temperature.value }}"
        unit_of_measurement: '°C'
        icon: "mdi-thermometer"
        device_class: "temperature"

- name: "samsung_cooler_set_temperature"
        value_template: "{{ value_json.components.cooler.thermostatCoolingSetpoint.coolingSetpoint.value }}"

- name: "samsung_freezer_temperature"
        value_template: "{{ value_json.components.freezer.temperatureMeasurement.temperature.value }}"

- name: "samsung_freezer_set_temperature"
        value_template: "{{ value_json.components.freezer.thermostatCoolingSetpoint.coolingSetpoint.value }}"

binary_sensor:
      - name: "samsung_cooler_door"
        value_template: "{{ value_json.components.cooler.contactSensor.contact.value }}"
        device_class: "opening"

- name: "samsung_frezzer_door"
        value_template: "{{ value_json.components.freezer.contactSensor.contact.value }}"
        device_class: "opening"

Does the ***** by resource stand in for the refrigerator token? And What needs to be put in for the ***** after Bearer? Sorry if this seems like a basic question.

Similar or same as Samsung refrigerator via Smarthings, all sensors except one reporting uknown state - #4 by Sergeantpup

I haven’t looked at this in forever because it had stopped working but i looked because of this post and it appears to be working. I have no idea when it started working but I moved to Home Assistant Yellow 4-5 months ago and that would’ve been the last time I touched the integration and acknowledged it as not working.

But now it works!

Hi,

Is this still working for you?

Considering the data available in the app, why aren’t there more sensors?

Hi,

Just in case, here is a fixed (at least for me) SmartThings you can install via HACS: GitHub - contemplator1998/smartthings

(Pulled #99924 and wrapped into a HACS repo)

It makes everything accessible, even sensors/controls that are always unavailable (just disable them in the HA).

1 Like