Push Notifications now available!

:man_shrugging:

Could be a Galaxy Note 10 thing.

@flamingm0e, when I got home it was working fine. Same on my cell network. It was probably the proxy at my work’s wifi that was somehow blocking just the pics. That proxy is a real PITA to deal with sometimes.

Thanks for taking the time to respond anyway.

Have you tried using his image example? I’ve only been able to get title and message to work (as stated in OP)

3 posts up, I provided a screenshot of what it looked like.

Strange. I’ve tried two methods, and I’m still only getting the title and message; maybe it’s a formatting issue?

- service: camera.snapshot
      data:
        entity_id: camera.front_door_camera
        filename: "/config/www/cam_captures/front_door_{{ now ().year }}_{{ now ().month }}_{{ now ().day }}_{{ now ().hour }}_{{ now ().minute }}.jpg"
    - delay: 00:00:05    
    - service: notify.myphone
      data_template: 
        {"message": "An intruder has been detected!","title": "! ! ALERT ! !","data": {"android": {"notification": {"image": "/config/www/cam_captures/front_door_{{ now ().year }}_{{ now ().month }}_{{ now ().day }}_{{ now ().hour }}_{{ now ().minute }}.jpg"}}}}
    - service: camera.snapshot
      data:
        entity_id: camera.front_door_camera
        filename: "/config/www/cam_captures/front_door_{{ now ().year }}_{{ now ().month }}_{{ now ().day }}_{{ now ().hour }}_{{ now ().minute }}.jpg"
    - delay: 00:00:05    
    - service: notify.myphone
      data: 
        title: "! ! ALERT ! !"
        data: 
          android:
            notification:
              image: /config/www/cam_captures/front_door_{{ now ().year }}_{{ now ().month }}_{{ now ().day }}_{{ now ().hour }}_{{ now ().minute }}.jpg

This path doesn’t exist.

How do you expect it to pass that as a URL? That’s a file path. The image you send it needs to be resolvable externally.

remove /config/www/ and replace with /local/

Sorry for sounding ignorant on the subject, but what’s the best method for making the image accessible externally? Also, I changed it to /local/ and it didn’t seem to affect anything.

You have the file in the correct directory now. You just need to format it properly.

It might not convert it automatically for you. Add your URL to your HA in front of /local/

It seems that my issues is due to having variables in the path; if I use a direct link to an existing image file it works fine.

Can you suggest a method to get my variables to work, so that it would send only the snapshot taken at that time?

I can’t. I use Node Red, so I don’t really have to worry about that. When something sets off the motion sensors, it takes a snapshot and sends that snapshot directly to Telegram.

I’m having a hard time with trusting the Android Push Notifications. Telegram has been more reliable for me, and accessible on any device running Telegram.

Okay, thanks for your help anyway. At least I’ve got a starting point to work from :slight_smile:

thanks @robbiet480 for this awesome update. If only android supported gifs in the notification

Works great. But can you add multiline support for notifications (as it was in HA Client)?

Can anyone confirm whether the new update allows 2 phones of the same model to use location? I set my device name under Device Registration but it doesn’t seem to change the entities at all or change anything in the core.config_entries…even after a restart.

update to 1.3.1 android app and see if that helps

It seems to be working now…thanks.

Great work! Up and running in no time.

I have a notify: section already defined in my configuration.yaml which uses platform: nfandroidtv.

I couldn’t get the service for notify.mobile_app_<device> to show up no matter what I did (mobile app uninstalls, restarts of HA, etc).

It wasn’t until I removed the notify: section completely from configuration.yaml that the service notify.mobile_app_<device> finally showed up.

After adding back my custom notify: section, I feared that notify.mobile_app_<device> would disappear, but it stuck around :slight_smile:

Just a FYI in case anyone else is running into the same issue.

So is it possible to use an image with the notifications? I tried the same syntax as the html5 notify but don’t get an image or an error.