Pushbullet error in 0.52

Edit:

i checked my local copy of /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/notifypushbullet.py and it’s the fixed version from https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/9200

another bug in the code or am i doing something wrong? HA is up to date

The error message shows that you use the old version.

The bug should be fixed in the dev branch: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/dev/homeassistant/components/notify/pushbullet.py

It is fixed in the dev branch.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/dev/homeassistant/components/notify/pushbullet.py
Just copy the file to YOUR_CONFIG/custom_components/notify/pushbullet.py

1 Like

Thanks, my bad. I thought the fix was already applied in 0.52.1.

updated pushbullet.py in /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/notify and it is working!

Thanks again!

1 Like

This indeed fixed my channel issue. Thanks!

Working here now, thanks!

So where is pushbullet.py on hassio? I have the config drive mounted, but don’t see it. On 0.52.1 and having the same issue.

As a temporary solution I created the folder /config/custom_components/notify on my hassio and copy the file pushbullet.py from homeassistant github https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/blob/ef1665b39fb512ae4fc40b56d8d6d5cf7150c7e8/homeassistant/components/notify/pushbullet.py and after restart home assistant pushbullet is working again on version 0.52.1.

had same issue and confirm the fix in the dev branch solved it

Hi

Can someone please explain whereabouts this folder is that needs the pushbullet.py file to be copied to? I have tried to locate the folder as described in this thread but I have no joy.

I created the path and the folder notify as mentioned by @dodacs i.e. pi@raspberry:/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/config/custom_components/notify and dumped the pushbullet.py file in this path but it doesnt work me.

Any help will be appreciated. Many thanks.

I had the same issue when sending basic notifications via pushbullet. the dev branch file fixed the issue for me.

@bachoo786, it will matter what platform you have home assistant installed on. I use RasPi AIO installer, so my file went to:

/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/notify

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that if you create a custom_components folder, home assistant will include those components. I’m not 100% positive on this though, and perhaps others can confirm. I just renamed the old pushbullet.py file and downloaded the new one in its place.

@avalanchevm @Danielhiversen So I found the path where I had to dump the pushbullet.py file to, it was in srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/notify

However I still cannot get pushbullet to work and I get the following error with another error saying it cannot find the service “notify/mypushbullet"

2017-09-03 11:19:13 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.notify] Error setting up platform pushbullet
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/notify/__init__.py", line 103, in async_setu$
    platform.get_service, hass, p_config, discovery_info)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py", line 388, in __iter__
    yield self  # This tells Task to wait for completion.
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py", line 286, in _wakeup
    value = future.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py", line 277, in result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 54, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/notify/pushbullet.py", line 31, in get_servi$
    from pushbullet import PushBullet
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pushbullet/__init__.py", line 2, in <module>
    from .pushbullet import Pushbullet
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pushbullet/pushbullet.py", line 5
    """ Pushbullet platform for notify component. For
more details about this platform, please refer to
the documentation at
https://home-assistant.io/components/notify.pushbullet/
""" import logging import mimetypes import

2017-09-03 11:24:49 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Unable to find service notify/ahmed

hmmm, and this is after reboot of course, right?

I’m not sure I can offer further insight. The only other troubleshooting step I could suggest would be to generate a new API key in pushbullet and set up your configuration.yaml with the new key, and then try that. I actually did that prior to finding this thread, as I thought maybe pushbullet was the problem, and not home assistant.

perhaps someone else can chime in?

I did reboot it but no joy.

I accidently copied the pushbullet.py file into this path /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pushbullet and replaced the file.

Is it possible to please give me the code of that pushbullet.py file in the path above? As I think it could be the issue?

Thanks

FYI: On Hassbian, the file is located in:
/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/notify

Works on HA version 0.52.1

I have replaced the file in that location and also replaced the same file found in srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pushbullet without knowing it was the incorrect location.

After doing this I cannot get pushbullet to work at all. Hence I was wondering if someone could help me with the original pushbullet.py file found in srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pushbullet so that I can restore the original file and hopefully it might resolve the issue.

You can download it here.

1 Like

@Coolie1101 you star! Indeed that was the issue with my pushbullet.

I resolved the issue by replacing the pushbullet.py file (that I had changed by mistake) using the link you provided in the path srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pushbullet and normal services resume.

Thanks buddy!

:+1: You’re welcome, glad you were able to get it working again.

1 Like

AIO install HA v0.52.1 and it worked. Thank you so much