PV Data from Solarman WiFi logger - with API

I know. But that is the data I get back from the API instructions that I followed. With the info I got from Solarman. As mentioned, I do not get anything else back. I do not get an inverter.
Reason that I think something else is wrong.

What I posted in my reply is the only data I get back using the curl. No other sensors.

Can’t rely help further on the local connection one…I’ve shared what’s works for me…maybe raise issue in the repository on GitHub

1 Like

Post the result for the Inverter query so after following all the steps and let’s have a look to see if it shows anything…

Thanks for all the help.

So following the instructions from Scully to get the info.

1. Doen and got the info.
  2. did it and works for me I get a “reply”
  3. Correct, I get a similar result.
  4. Yep, working but the results are different!
    In the example I see device type Inverter. I get device type Collector
    See my results below.

When I “rerun”

I will see the value of that the “key”: “OFFSET_TIM1” will increase.

So I do have a connection, API is working. But I do not get the data that I should get.

The Data List you have above is from your Collector / Logger not the Inverter…(and FWIW matches the structure of my own so you are doing this correctly for the collector).

You need to run the final Curl command in the instructions twice with the different serial numbers of your devices to get the data you want…once for Collector with its serial number, and again separately for the Inverter with its serial number. The AppID and Bearer Token remain the same, just change the serial number each time.

One you have proof of concept, then create separate rest sensors as required depending on whether you want the whole list or a selection only…

why don’t you use this?

What do you mean connected with LAN cable, which inverter you have?

I want to but probably doing something stupid or looking over a bit of instruction. (Just found out about my mistake with the API.
What I mean is that I don’t use wifi but a wired connection to the data collector.
Or is there somewhere a switch that you need to set to allow the communication.

I can look at the collector on my network (after I log in)

Entering the data in the integration is from what I read correct. No extra info in the configuration.yaml is needed, no need to change manually anything else, correct?

It will not connect and doesn’t give me any info. Set it to the correct IP, SN of the collector. Model of the invertor should be supported with the standard Sofar yaml. Tested now several custom ones, but no luck. (Copy paste no alterations)
Inverter is a Sofar

Did a quick test and changed the Device SN to SE1ES430N5R577 (invertor) and got the date that was needed. Did not get that bit of info from the instructions. Will play again and further with this info.

Looks like you’re getting there…
The various instructions /steps are a little confusing alright but everything is in there…you’ve actually linked to them yourself above …as was mentioned in the thread, with something like this you need to give yourself plenty of time and read then read again the steps before jumping in…
Anyway am glad you’re making progress :+1:t2:

1 Like

I know, been going over and over and still mist that part. Wondering g if it’s the same for the direct link. That direct link and energy integration is for me the ultimate goal. Since that can be combined to my car charger to optimise my consumption.

Have you set up Solarman app on your phone? If not set it up and remember that the Sofar inverter has a serial number, but you also need the Wi-Fi logger serial number as it is the logger that is giving you the data and not the inverter…

Integration requires the logger serial number:

Thanks for the screenshots. I have the Solarman app, but I’m using the Solarman Smart. That is the app the installer gave me to use. I also use the Solarman smart internet page.
Different interface and usage. But I do see data and technical specs.

The data entered in the integration also seems correct according to the things I see in the app and the direct interface of the logger and inverter.

The app info

The info of the logger that I can find

And if I read all your info correctly you are also using a Sofar ME3000SP

Will go over everything again step by step to see where I make a mistake.

Hi there,

Please humor me… Install the Solarman app, send email to the Solarman address that I provide asking for your secret ad API access. Then try setting up the integration again like my screen shots…that’s if you want an the data.

Clearly how you are doing it now is not the same as my original instructions so you can’t expect the same result that I got.

Don’t get me wrong I appreciate all the help and info.

But as mentioned this is going south and I stop. Never had these issues with any HACS or manual programming of an integration. Frustration is high and lost again half a day. I got much better and important things to do. Glad it does work for several people.

I’m using the correct app according to the installer of the inverter and battery.
Even found out that Sofar is also available as an app (and also working with the same delay).

All steps are working but just can’t get it to work in HA. Again, certain I’m doing something wrong but can’t find it. followed all step by step and replacing values as needed. Referring to the correct JSON
Fooled around with the API and the curl commands, the JSON pathfinder. You name it.
All is working, I get the input that is expected trough internet interface and websites. But as soon as I implement it in HA, no data, no connection. Had to renew the Token already because it was expired (I don’t even have it for a week). So this extra “task” is also not in favor of using the API.

Thanks again for the help to all, but at a certain time you need to stop wasting your time (and those of others!).

Maybe in a few months I will try again. For now, back to other important work.

I was never good in giving up and started all over again :triumph:.
Don’t know what is different I just copied and paste the data from my saved resources that I had and used again your sensor info (you posted it above) and pasted it in my Configuration.yaml. Again. And changed all the data that I need to change (again). So … it works with my inverter and using my own API.

And I get data :flushed:. I do not know why it now works.

Feeling like this guy
works-doesnt-work

So API is working (for now)
Direct link over IP ( [StephanJoubert][home_assistant_solarman]), nothing yet.

Fantastic! You got there in the end which is all that matters! Well done!

1 Like

I don’t exactly know since when, but all my sensors are reporting ‘unknown’, except for status_connection, this reports ‘disconnected’. I used to work just fine, and I haven’t changed anything to the inverter configuration nor to the HA config.

I already opened a Issue at GitHub - StephanJoubert/home_assistant_solarman: Home Assistant component for Solarman collectors used with a variety of inverters., but there seem to be more people with similar issues.

I also removed and reinstalled the integration, with the exact same values. The inverter is reporting status on the webpage of the inverter itself.

Running latest version of HA (2023.1.7)

I’ve installed GitHub - MaGumagus/local_sofar_inverter: home assistant stuff and this one still works.

I think that you have to re run the refresh token instructon from my earlier post.

They sent me the appid and the apkkey (i think that’s the secretKey) yesterday.
I tried with IntelliJ Rest functionality:

POST https://api.solarmanpv.com/account/v1.0/token?appId=2023xxxxxxxxxxx&language=en
Content-Type: application/json

{
  "appSecret": "<hidden>",
  "email": "<hidden>",
  "username" : "<hidden>",
  "password": "<hidden>"

}

and I get

{
  "code": "2101021",
  "msg": "auth invalid appId",
  "success": false,
  "requestId": "d0a3b8fe4230545e"
}

back. Do you know what that means exactly? Is simply the appId wrong or did I do a mistake.

Hey hasant73,
I found a relevant topic on this forum that matches the issue I’m facing. I was wondering if you encountered the same problem and managed to find a solution. If so, could you please let me know how you resolved it?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!