Python-lirc on Python3.7.3

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I am running Homeassistant in a venv on a Pi3B+, booted to usb, no sd card. It runs Raspian Buster with Python3.7.3 installed on the base system and in the venv. When I try to load LIRC in the HA config it errors, and cannot install requirement python-lirc1.2.3 . I have installed the LIRC prereq’s in HA docs, and I have tried manually installing LIRC with updated pip3, and what seems to be happening is python-lirc1.2.3 is needing Python3.6 or less, so it cannot find the package. I can find references in PyPi to python-lirc 1.2.3, but I can’t actually wget the file, it actually points to python-lirc1.2.1 . I saw another post suggesting to install python3-lirc would fix this, but I got “package not found” error. I am considering doing a make alt-install of Python3.6, alongside Python3.7.3 but I am not sure if that is correct, or will work. I am pretty new at Python in virtual environments, hope someone can help. Thanks
This the actual error:

Command "/srv/homeassistant/bin/python3 -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/tmp/pip-install-_1pes4sh/python-lirc/setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\r\n', '\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-record-wrsq5rc7/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers /srv/homeassistant/include/site/python3.7/python-lirc" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-install-_1pes4sh/python-lirc/
2019-07-18 08:59:12 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.requirements] Not initializing lirc because could not install requirement python-lirc==1.2.3

Hi, I have the same problem. Home assistant in a python venv (Raspbian Buster) and LIRC installed and configured according to this and this.

When I try to enable lirc in configuration.yaml I got the same error: Unable to install package python-lirc==1.2.3: Failed building wheel for python-lirc.

The liblircclient-dev and liblirc-dev are installed (see this).

Found a solution here :ok_hand:

The instruction for the installation of python-lirc for a Home Assistant installation in a python virtual enviroment are here.