Qolsys IQ Panel 2 and 3rd party integration

@XaF

THanks, I think this is HA side issue. I was using MQTT explorer and I changed the name of the sensor at panel to “Mainfloor Washroon Flood 3” (with the spelling mistake) and indeed I see the correct information being sent to mqtt broker.

{"event": "ZONE_EVENT", "zone_event_type": "ZONE_UPDATE", "zone": {"id": "F2D6A1", "type": "Water", "name": "Mainfloor Washroon Flood 3", "group": "WaterSensor", "status": "Closed", "state": "0", "zone_id": 21, "zone_physical_type": 8, "zone_alarm_type": 0, "zone_type": 15, "partition_id": 0}, "version": 1, "requestID": "59318577-28f8-41b1-ac45-1aaea2379c2e"}

Then, I changed it back to “Mainfloor Washroom Flood” which was the original name, but I also have the alarm.com integration and so HA adds _2 to all duplicate sensors so the qolsysgw sensors have the _2 add to the sensor in HA.

this could be the problem here:

Logger: homeassistant.components.binary_sensor
Source: helpers/entity_platform.py:598
Integration: Binary sensor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 9:34:51 PM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:34:51 PM

Platform mqtt does not generate unique IDs. ID qolsys_panel_p0z21 already exists - ignoring binary_sensor.mainfloor_bathroom_flood_2

But I know the panel is broadcasting correctly, because I tampered the sensor, and thus is the mqtt explorer sent this entity imediately,

{"event": "ZONE_EVENT", "zone_event_type": "ZONE_UPDATE", "zone": {"id": "F2D6A1", "type": "Water", "name": "Mainfloor Washroom Flood", "group": "WaterSensor", "status": "Closed", "state": "0", "zone_id": 21, "zone_physical_type": 8, "zone_alarm_type": 0, "zone_type": 15, "partition_id": 0}, "version": 1, "requestID": "84224312-292a-4de8-88de-be78da5bd642"}

So, now, im not sure what to do. I could delete the sensor from the panel, add it again with a completely different name (Mudroom Washroom Flood), that should show up as a different sensor, and then eventually the the old “Mainfloor Washroon Flood” I can delete (but there is no option to delete it, which is strange).

In MQTT explorer, there is an option to “clear this topic” but everytime I press it, it says “make sure you know what you are doing”…which I don’t so I don’t press. But I think the issue lies in the HA environment.

UPDATE: Problem is solved. I followed these instructions using MQTT Explorer and delete the actual sensor from:

homeassistant/sensor/name_of_your_sensor/config

With MQTT Explorer I noticed there were duplicate names and the other variations of the same sensor. I deleted all of them by pressing the “Clear this topic”, and that deletes the sensor in HA after restart. This then cleared the error in the log file, and then I tampered the sensor and it eventually showed up, reporting correctly in HA.

Long story short, MQTT Explorer is a nice tool to have if you are having issues with MQTT sensors.

@XaF this intergration has been working rock solid. Thanks for your work on this.

Could you please add a battery status attribute? 100% = normal 10% = low battery warning.

Thanks. Thats the only thing I am missing from this intergration that I got from the nodered

Have you seen that information in payload messages sent from the panel? If so, please open an issue in github with all the example messages containing that information!

Hoping someone can help me. I’ve been struggling with the integration of Home Assistant and my IQ Pro+ panel for the last two days.

Fresh install of HA (RPI4)
Fresh install of HACS
Installed Mosquito MQTT
Installed qolsysgw with HACS
Added app.yaml in the /config/appdaemon/apps folder
Enabled control4 on the panel (and remote access, not sure if it makes a difference)
Populated app.yaml with the secure code and IP address of my panel

I noticed that I cannot ping the panel on the IP - assume this a security thing

I cannot access http ipaddress:12345 but I did get a browser warning about insecure certificate, but now I cannot reproduce it

I can access http ipaddress:8883 and it prompts for a certificate (expected?)

So… not sure if the panel is responding to TCP properly or not. Alarm system is fully functional, and I can access my security system with alarm.com

What am I missing?

Newbie here - I hadn’t installed appdaemon app, getting further now.

Seeing the error:

NamespaceException: (‘Unknown namespace (%s) in call_service from %s’, ‘mqtt’, ‘qolsys_panel’)

Anyone using the telus panel? Having an issue where I set the Control4 setting on the panel. It restarts and then after the restart the setting is still set. But if I check after a couple mins, its disabled. Not sure if this is a Telus specific issue or anyone else see this

Hey, I have an IQ Panel 2, not Plus too and I’m struggling with the same, can you help me?

Hey, I have an IQ Panel 2, not Plus, I can’t follow the instructions because, when I put the 1111 or 2222 code it says its wrong, with the master account I can access but there’s no Installation section or something else…that way I can’t enable 3rd party connections.
Any help please?

@ojoaosemtil Yes you definitely need to contact your dealer to give you the dealer code. Once you get that you’ll definitely be able to get this to work with your iq2 panel.

Hi were you able to figure this out? I am experiencing the same issue with Telus IQ Panel

Unfortunately not, I tried contacting support but they were no help. Putting it on hold for now until I can figure it out

I had inquired with TELUS and was told they will not release the dealer code, so if you’re able to get it that’s awesome. I went with another local company instead for that reason.

Actually, I noticed if you configure HA with the token, and starts showing in HA, even if you see the control3 checkbox is disabled you still can communicate with the panel. I can still see the entities active and up-to-date since I configured it the first-time. I hope this helps.

@XaF Is it possible from Home Assistant to delay trigger the alarm? Maybe I’m missing something, but when I trigger the alarm from Home Assistant, it goes straight to sounding the alarm without a chance to input a pin to stop it.

Yes that’s what triggering does, it does not switch to “pending” (which is the delay before alarm is triggered) but it triggers immediately. I have not found any way to ask the panel to beep and ask for the code unfortunately!

I am using Qolsys Gateway, I have a Qolsys IQ 2 Plus alarm panel.

Everything is working really well, I am even using the security sensors for automation, and I can DISARM the panel. However, I cannot get the ARM commands to work (ARM HOME, ARM NIGHT), this prevents me from setting up ARMing automations at night and has been frustrating.

I used MQTT Explorer to trace the messages, and when I ARM the panel in HA, I do see the ARM message, however my panel does not respond. I tried turn on “code_arm_required”:true and I put in a valid arming code (one of my arm codes) but it doesn’t work.

This is the set message I see (in MQTT explorer) when I ARM which doesn’t work:
{“partition_id”: “0”, “action”: “ARM_HOME”, “session_token”: “removed”}

This is the message when I disarm which works:
{“partition_id”: “0”, “action”: “DISARM”, “session_token”: “removed”}

Any thoughts?

Do you have any sensor that needs bypassing when arming? I am still investigating if there’s a way to bypass sensors when arming through control4, but didn’t found a working way so far.

If you enable debug mode, do you see any response from the panel when asking to arm? In case of issues, the panel generally answer with an error message.

According to the z-wave js data base, the IQ2 (and other) panels are supported via Z-wave.

https://devices.zwave-js.io/?jumpTo=0x012a:0x0001:0x0002:0.0

Does anybody know what exactly happens if you include you IQ2 Panel to your Z-wave JS instance in HA? Is it just like bridge or repeater, OR do you get full functionality like the qolsys gateway integration?

I’m not sure you can add the z-wave supported IQ panels as a zwave client.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who has contributed to this. I’m currently running qolsysgw with 0 issues on homeassistant os. The fact that I can have local control is amazing…

I have a question however. Has anyone worked on any automations regarding unlocking a lock and qolsysgw? I am wanting to install a few zwave locks and would like to create an automation that disarms the qolsys alarm when any of these locks are unlocked.

I’ve been spoiled with this as a feature of another alarm system and would love to integrate it with the qolsys. I’m guessing I wouldn’t be able to pass the code entered in the zwave door lock to the alarm so would I have to create an automation that when the zwave lock unlocks, it sends a preset user code to disarm the qolsys?