client_port: 1883 
      client_user: *******
      client_password: *******
http:
  url: http://127.0.0.1:5050
admin:
api:
hadashboard:

My guess is this is your issue. qolsysgw is not getting started because it requires MQTT, and your MQTT is not properly configured it would seem!

It works for everything else in homeassistant.

I’m not sure where to start looking to fix it for this?

Just saw this in your log:

And this in your configuration:

While the module should be gateway, as indicated in the documentation here! :slight_smile:

It seems you have the configuration of ad-qolsys instead of the one for qolsysgw. Please make sure to clean up your configuration, and maybe restart it from scratch, or you’re going to have other issues!

1 Like

I will try that now, I changed it at some point when trying to get it to work, I’ve never installed the other thing just qolsysgateway.

That was it!!

Thank-you.

module: gateway

Hey Michael, I know this is an old post and I am just catching up from the start of this thread. I am a security professional and work with the Qolsys regularly. The Qolsys along with many other alarm panels actually will change to the “Arm Stay Mode” if armed away mode if the entry/exit delay zone is not tripped after arming. This is a smart feature in which the alarm knows you did not actually leave the house and auto switches to “Arm Stay”.

1 Like

I just came here to post about this issue. Is there any way to circumvent this safety feature so that the system stays in “Arm Away” state? It keeps reverting to “Arm Stay” when triggered by my automation.

EDIT: I just discovered that this issue is solved by adding the following to the qolsys config file:

arm_away_exit_delay: 0

It’s amazing what you can learn by reading documentation :sweat_smile:

A few days ago we had a long power outage (2023 ice storm in Quebec) and when the panel came back online the Control 4 option was turned off. Anyone else see this happen after the battery runs out? Had to login with the dealer code and enable/reboot the panel.

I might’ve have that happen to me. I noticed some time ago nothing was showing up in HA from the panel. After some HA and AppDaemon troubleshooting, I went to the panel and disabled/reenabled it. I had done some work where the panel lost power and I forgot to plug it back in, so could’ve been similar. Not 100% sure, though.

Hi everyone…

Been integrated with my Qolsys panel ver. 2+ with my HA via MQTT plus @XaF qolsysgw since December 2021 without having problem until a couple of days ago.

HA has been recently updated with the newly released Core and UI. No issue with Qolsys panel.
Until several days ago. All Qolsys panel binary sensors on my HA sub-page showed as unavailable. Upon rebooting the panel, checked IP address… no hope. Panel was working as expected as it announced when there were doors/windows opened as it would normally do.

Checked with HA, everything worked and running no issue.
Checked MQTT, and realized the binary sensors shown as Unavailable! But at the same time, a second set of binary sensors appeared to be added under the Sensors group!

I had to remove the original sensors one by one and left alone the new added sensors on MQTT.
To do the cleanup, I would need to update each sensor and add a _2 at the end of each entity in order to have it shown up on HA properly.

Did anyone experience the same?

Thanks,

Galant

Did you, by any chance, not update qolsysgw in a while?

I did some testing in the past before changing the format of the sensor unique ids, but might have missed something since I didn’t see any breaking issue. I realized after the fact however that in some cases (apparently not for my installation but for a few reports I got) the sensors where recreated as separate sensors. This is the issue I opened related to making that change in the past: Sensors can get mismatched when switching / reinstalling panel · Issue #82 · XaF/qolsysgw · GitHub

If you hadn’t updated qolsysgw in a while, that would be why.

1 Like

Hello @XaF when I looked at my HA, qolsysgw was already v1.3. I do not recall I had to manually update it since v1.3 rolled out in February. It must have been updated it automatically.

My setup had not been into the described error until several days ago when all of a sudden the binary sensors added an _2 at the end of the existing sensors.

Now I need to know what’s the proper way to clean up. I was able to update all sensors to use _2 under MQTT but don’t think it’s the right way to do it. I think there would be a way to clean up the previous sensor and re-map them into MQTT. I’m still working on this part otherwise IQ Panel is in working mode with HA.

I just encountered the same issue myself and I’ve been on 1.3 since February but it just happened recently. I suspect it has something to do with updating Mosquito Broker…

Hi all, can someone tell me what the state is when there is an actual alarm in progress? thanks

If you’re talking about the panel itself, it is ALARM

Oh. Good to know, I thought it was triggered

triggered in Home Assistant, ALARM from the alarm panel :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hopefully someone can help out been trying for hours to get this going. I keep getting the below error.

2023-07-23 01:48:23.624628 INFO qolsys_panel: Establishing connection to 192.168.0.161:12345
2023-07-23 01:48:23.638380 ERROR qolsys_panel: error while listening
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/appdaemon/apps/qolsysgw/qolsys/socket.py", line 72, in listen
    reader, writer = await asyncio.open_connection(
                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3.11/asyncio/streams.py", line 48, in open_connection
    transport, _ = await loop.create_connection(

Here is my appdeamon.yaml

plugins:
    HASS:
      type: hass
    MQTT:
      type: mqtt
      namespace: mqtt
      client_id: "appdaemon"
      client_host: 192.168.0.152 
      client_port: 1883
      client_user: "mqtt-user"
      client_password: "**************"
      client_topics: NONE

And my apps.yaml

qolsys_panel:
  module: gateway
  class: QolsysGateway
  panel_host: 192.168.0.161
  #qolsys_port: 12345  
  panel_token: ******
  mqtt_namespace: mqtt
  #request_topic: qolsys/requests # Optional
  #qolsys_info_topic: qolsys/panel/info # Optional
  #qolsys_zone_update_topic: qolsys/panel/zone_update # Optional
  #qolsys_zone_event_topic: qolsys/panel/zone_event # Optional
  #qolsys_alarming_event_topic: qolsys/panel/alarming # Optional
  #qolsys_disarming_event_topic: qolsys/panel/disarm # Optional
  #qolsys_confirm_arm_code: False # Optional
  #qolsys_confirm_disarm_code: False # Optional
  #qolsys_arm_away_always_instant: False # Optional
  homeassistant_mqtt_discovery_topic: homeassistant/
  log_level: DEBUG

Edited note: Got it working some how control4 disabled itself after I had enabled it and I never thought to check it again after getting the token.

@halfelite Thanks for your post, it helped me troubleshoot and get to what was causing my system to not connect. I had to disable and reenable my Control4 on my panel.

However, I still can’t get it to create the sensors in MQTT. I mimicked your config files. Did it add sensor data to your MQTT?