Qolsys IQ Panel 2 and 3rd party integration

Alright guys, I just got everything up and working with the security side. I want to work on the fire side now. I got the First Alert Z Wave Smoke Detectors not knowing that the Z Wave devices won’t trigger an alarm on the panel. So, I’ve decided to let the Smokes live within Home Assistant and run my automation on there to trigger the fire alarm on the panel. Is there a way to set this up? It looks like it needs a session_token entry to trigger the alarm. Is this a fixed value or does it change?

Along these same lines, how do you trigger the silent police (panic) alarm? I see documentation for the Police trigger, but noting on the silent part. Unless I’m just not seeing it.

Hi all… after the HA 2023.08 release, all the entities name prefixed with “Qolsys Panel”.
Any easy fix please?

I’m trying to trigger the alarm from Node_Red for when my zwave smoke detectors detect smoke. I’m using the call service, alarm_trigger, and using the following data:

{
“action”: “TRIGGER_FIRE”,
“partition_id”: 0
}

I’m getting an API error: “Call-service error. extra keys not allowed @ data[‘action’]”

How do you trigger additional alarm types? If I leave the data field blank, it works, but it triggers police.

Not really, Home Assistant decided to prefix all entities by the name of the device they are attached to, automatically. This means if your panel name is “Qolsys Panel”, all your devices will now show “Qolsys Panel” as a prefix of their name. I don’t like it very much either…

It is possible to manually override the entities names, but you’ll have to do it for each.

On qolsysgw side, I’m not sure there’s anything doable… Besides not linking the entities to a device, but I don’t like that idea very much. Alternatively it could be creating a distinct device for each entity… But I do like the single device showing all the sensors (and that would also be a huge refactor of qolsysgw).

Hi,

Trying to setup the Qolsys integration but facing an issue and not sure how to move forward.
So I opened Control4 access on my IQ panel, wrote down the secure token. Scanned my IQ panel and confirmed port 12345 is opened for TCP. Installed MQQT and Appdaemon. Configured my apps.yaml as below

When I log into my Appdaemon’s Web UI I see the QolsysGateway app but it’s state is stuck in “initizalize_error”. Anyone has an idea what could be wrong?

Thanks so much for any support

Update: Please disregard, finally figured it out
Maybe one note, might be good to put on the webpage that the Control4 will be automatically disabled and panel restart if there are no connections for 10m.

I see from v1.5.0, the doorbell is added but I can’t seem to get it to show up. When the doorbell is pressed, I can see the popup on my IQ2 panel, but I don’t see the sensor for in the integration. Everything else (motion/door/window) are still working. Is there any special step required for the bell? If not, which log can I pull so I can dig into what’s going on?

I was able to integrate my panel in HA with the above instructions, but now I am wondering the best way to manage the panel.

My Brinks service is about to expire and I don’t know if I will be able to use their app to arm/disarm the system.

Any recommendations on an integration or other interface application to run the system through HA?

Hello,

Glad to stumble this thread. I’m new to HA. In fact I’ve heard about it a couple of years ago but lived in an apartment so didn’t really the need for it since I only had a couple of light bulbs and plugs. But now, I own a home and got a whole ADC system set up with IQ Panel 2 with ADC cameras, as well as professionally monitored.

After learning about HA, I’m sold on ditching my ADC subscription if I can successfully integrate it. Now, I haven’t even set up HA as I’m still doing my initial research. But I’m glad to hear that people here are running this integration somewhat stable with some hiccups here and there. Thanks to all the people who have started this thread and the contributors.

Here’s my ultimate goal set up:

• Integrate IQ Panel 2 and sensors into HA
  • Ditch my existing ADC cameras and replace with Reolink cameras
  • Integrate Reolink with HA
  • Eventually create automation with HA, IQ Panel and Reolink together

Automation example:

• Automatically disarm IQ Panel when I leave the house, vice versa
  • Pause camera notifications when IQ panels disarmed

Anyways, just wondering if someone has successfully integrated their IQ Panel with another entities such as Reolink and other Non-ADC security cameras?

@galant From your screenshot I can see you have IQ Panel2+ by Qolsys in the Device Info and all of your sensors have populated.

I am new to HA and not sure if that is something you created or a specific app you were able to use.

Any help in pointing me to the right place to look or a PM would be much appreciated.

No, nothing more than just follow the steps @XaF detailed which pinned in the top.
Everything required step was mentioned and proceeded it to complete the setup.

First off I would like to say THANK YOU. This solution has been working for months without a single issue! I was wondering if there was anyway to push weather to the panel since I don’t have an alarm.com account. Not sure if this is possible but would love to help if it’s something that could be done.

Thank you again!!

You need the IQ Doorbell Sensor. I just ordered one! Qolsys IQ Doorbell - Smart Doorbell for Qolsys Security Systems - Alarm Grid

Does anybody know if the IQ4 hub is supported? I turned on control4 and have confirmed that the panel has port 12345 open but I can’t get mqtt to connect to the panel. Totally out of ideas, other that the iq4 hub firmware doesn’t support C4 yet?

Here’s the error:

qolsys_panel: Establishing connection to 10.0.0.13:12345
2024-02-01 22:34:15.823380 ERROR qolsys_panel: error while listening
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/config/apps/qolsysgw/qolsys/socket.py”, line 72, in listen
reader, writer = await asyncio.open_connection(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

File “/usr/lib/python3.11/asyncio/streams.py”, line 48, in open_connection
transport, _ = await loop.create_connection(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

File “/usr/lib/python3.11/asyncio/base_events.py”, line 1085, in create_connection
raise exceptions[0]

File “/usr/lib/python3.11/asyncio/base_events.py”, line 1069, in create_connection
sock = await self._connect_sock(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

File “/usr/lib/python3.11/asyncio/base_events.py”, line 973, in _connect_sock
await self.sock_connect(sock, address)

File “/usr/lib/python3.11/asyncio/selector_events.py”, line 634, in sock_connect
return await fut
^^^^^^^^^

File “/usr/lib/python3.11/asyncio/selector_events.py”, line 674, in _sock_connect_cb
raise OSError(err, f’Connect call failed {address}')
TimeoutError: [Errno 110] Connect call failed (‘10.0.0.13’, 12345)
2024-02-01 22:34:15.851744 INFO qolsys_panel: sleeping 60 second(s) before reconnecting

Finally solved my problem that was driving me crazy for weeks. Turns out it was a misconfigured router. I had my HA device and my Qolsys panel connected to different IP schemes - 10.0.0.x and 192.168.1.x - so they couldn’t communicate with each other locally. As soon as i forced my HA to use the 10.0.0.x scheme, everything started working flawlessly :slight_smile:

Just following up to see if this is possible.
Thanks!

I had to take a break from tinkering for a little while and just saw your comment. I think I realized now I am looking at your admin panel (Lovelace?) and the GUI interface that allows you to monitor, set, etc…

Under Device Info it says IQ Panel and under Controls has your partitions. I am looking how to build this.

This community is awesome. I love all the ideas and support.

1de5065a85cc395b5c4229d74041e0f5e018cd4e_2_426x500

Can someone please provide some help for my situation. Forgive me. I am new to HA. I have followed these instructions to the T and have been working on this for quite awhile with no resolution.

I have downloaded and installed all parts of the integration. Where I am stuck is beginning with the YAML file. It appears that things have changed slightly since this came out with the HA updates. Can someone please walk me through:

1. How do I get to the apps.yaml file? I can get close but there is no file. Do I create one? It seems to be on a slighly different path because there is no /hass/config/appdaemon/apps/apps.yaml.
  2. How exactly do I enter it in? I copied and pasted in a new file = no luck. Then I put it in the config file= no luck.
  3. The instructions just end at this point. There is no information on how to get HA to recognize a new device or entity or anything. Where do I go after the yaml has been entered? In other words, how do I make the panel an entity so I can recognize/read it’s state?

Any help would be appreciated.

Did you install AppDaemon? It can be installed via add-ons? My apps.yaml is installed in /addon_config/a0d7b954/apps/. I assume the directory may be a little different for you(the a0d part may be randomly generated when installing AppDaemon).

Hope this helps

@bcre3306 thanks for the reply. Actually I finally got it running after hours of trying different options. @FriedCheese found out that after installing, the “qolsysgw” folder can sometimes end up in the wrong folder. I had to copy it and move it to the correct one.

It works great now except for just one thing. I cannot disarm the system from Home Assistant. I have my user code entered in correctly but it still doesn’t work. I push the “disarm” button and nothing happens on the panel or in home assistant app. Any ideas?

@bumpyj38 did you change the panel to a six digit code? Also have you looked in the logs to see what errors you’re getting? Mine has been working flawlessly for almost a year and I couldn’t be happier with it. Happy to help, just let me know if this doesn’t work. I can share my config if that would help you, just let me know.