Qolsys iq4 integration help please!

Hello everybody. longtime alarm.com user and finally decide to break out and get full access to a true automation. God, my Home Assistant set up and all the Z wave and other centers in a running great loving the platform. But I still have my iq4 security system that needs to be integrated. Try alarm.com integration as it works but it’s slow and I don’t really like it. How much delay it has I know you can do iq4 through control4 integration. I read about it, but I have no clue how to set up demon server an MQQT. I assume I can use MQQT through the wave UI since it has a built-in, but how do I set up the rest help please.

You need to:

1. Install the MQTT broker add-on
  2. Create an account to use for MQTT. This is a service account. Create it just like you would a user in HA.
  3. Install the MQTT integration.
  4. Install the Appdaemon add-on.
  5. Go to the Appdaemon YAML (/config/Appdaemon) and add the account from step 2 as the client user.
  6. Install HACS
  7. Follow the instructions to install the Qolsys integration.
  8. Follow the rest of the instructions starting here.

Thank you for replay. Can I use Mqtt that is included with zwave js ui or do I have to install dedicated one ?

You need the broker. The MQTT for zwave js is a client.

Thank you.

I have it all installed. how do i configure appdeamon. currently this is how my yaml file looks like

thank ypu

You need to add the MQTT integration:

---
appdaemon:
  latitude: 52.379189
  longitude: 4.899431
  elevation: 2
  time_zone: Europe/Amsterdam
  plugins:
    HASS:
      type: hass
    MQTT:
      type: mqtt
      namespace: mqtt # We will need that same value in the apps.yaml configuration
      client_host: # The IP address or hostname of the MQTT broker
      client_port: # The port of the MQTT broker, generally 1883

# Only if you have setup an authenticated connection, otherwise skip those:
      client_user: ##The service account that you setup
      client_password: ##The service account password
http:
  url: http://127.0.0.1:5050
admin:
api:
hadashboard:

Ryan, thank you again for your pittance and helping me with this. I’m little lost maybe more then little.

I currently have first one “MQTT” integration is that the one?

and this broker: mosquitto broker

Do I have to go and purchase or set up free account somewhere like hiveMQ for the broker account?

The screenshot is the MQTT integration. You’re setting the MQTT add-on (broker) information in AppDaemon. If you haven’t changed the broker add-on config, then just use this for the MQTT information. Make sure the indentation is correct.

MQTT:
      client_host: core-mosquitto # The IP address or hostname of the MQTT broker
      client_port: 1883 # The port of the MQTT broker, generally 

is this the one i have to set up?

That is correct.

ok, Got that downloaded and started, now I do have this in my discovery and when I configured it show me success message.

What do I do next ?

I also have this now in my integrations:

What do I have to configure in that integration ?

You actually already had it installed and setup. The search at the top of the add-on page just searches through the add-ons that are already installed. You also had the integration already setup since you had devices coming in via MQTT.

What steps have you completed?

Steps 1 through 5, I’m stock in file editor now just add section i had missing and trying to figure out what values I have to put in client host

Ok I found the host, now Im getting :bad indentation of a mapping entry (11:6) when attempting to save ymla file

You want to store the service account password in /config/secrets.yaml

Just add a line, give the password a ‘name’ (does not have to be the same as the username, but can be) and put the password here. Example:

# Use this file to store secrets like usernames and passwords.
# Learn more at https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/configuration/secrets/
mqtt_service_account: somePasswordThatIsSoLongItCanNeverBeCracked

Use the password name in the appdaemon.yaml. In my example, I set the password name to “mqtt_service_account” and you can see that used for “client_password” below. The client user is the username of the service account you setup in step 2.

---
secrets: /config/secrets.yaml
appdaemon:
  latitude: 52.379189
  longitude: 4.899431
  elevation: 2
  time_zone: Europe/Amsterdam
  plugins:
    HASS:
      type: hass
    MQTT:
      client_host: core-mosquitto # The IP address or hostname of the MQTT broker
      client_port: 1883 # The port of the MQTT broker, generally 1883

# Only if you have setup an authenticated connection, otherwise skip those:
      client_user: service_account_from_step_2
      client_password: !secret mqtt_serice_account
http:
  url: http://127.0.0.1:5050
admin:
api:
hadashboard:

I’m so lost! I did not know this will be so hard. is this correct?

No, your indentation is off for the “client_user” and MQTT lines. YAML is very specific about the indentation being correct.

Just copy/paste (replace everything in there) the YAML I posted above. The only thing you need to change is the client_user and client_password.

Got it all done no errors now. now configuring mqtt dose this looks correct

No, you should not be touching anything in the MQTT integration. There’s no step for that.

You do need to restart the AppDaemon add-on after making those YAML changes.