Qolsys iq4 integration help please!

And you have a qolsysgw folder under /homeassistant/appdaemon/apps/?

Yes I have that qolsysgw folder in that file.

Was I supposed to have more in the apps.yaml file?

I don’t think so. I’m not sure what the issue is.

Can you post or send your entire AppDaemon.yaml?

@FriedCheese I messaged it to you

I realized that I think I know the problem. The error you’re seeing suggests that AppDaemon can’t find the qolsys module right? Well, there’s this issue:

If I’m right and that is the problem, then you need to copy the qolsys folder from /homeassistant/appdaemon/apps to /addon_configs/a0d7b954_appdaemon/apps and restart AppDaemon.

Ok so the only files I have in the addon_configs/a0d7b954_appdaemon/apps folder is the apps.yaml file and the hello.py file.

If I understand right you’re saying to go into homeassistant/appdaemon/apps folder, move the “qolsysgw” folder to that addon_configs/a0d7b954_appdaemon/apps folder, and then restart?

That’s correct.

Wow! That worked! Thank you very much!

The only thing it will not allow me to do now is disarm from HA. I can activate “arm away” and “arm stay” but not disarm in any way. My code is in the file. I was even able to set the delay to zero as you stated in an earlier post but no disarm.

You have the code set like this in the apps.yaml file:

panel_user_code: XXX

And that user code does work directly on the panel?

Yes. And It doesn’t act like an entered the wrong code or anything. Just nothing happens when I click the disarm button.

Also I will double check intention and spacing.

Good evening,

First of all thank you for all the information that has been incorporated into this thread, I have done all the steps and I have managed to at least start APPDAEMON. In my case MQTT is being published by the 8883 and gives me a connection error with the following error:

2024-03-19 21:27:30.395828 ERROR qolsys_panel: error while listening Traceback (most recent call last): File “/config/apps/qolsysgw/qolsys/socket.py”, line 72, in listen reader, writer = await asyncio.open_connection( ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File “/usr/lib/python3. 11/asyncio/streams. py”, line 48, in open_connection transport, _ = await loop.create_connection( ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File “/usr/lib/python3.11/asyncio/base_events.py”, line 1112, in create_connection transport, protocol = await self. _create_connection_transport( ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File “/usr/lib/python3.11/asyncio/base_events.py”, line 1145, in _create_connection_transport await waiter File “/usr/lib/python3.11/asyncio/sslproto. py”, line 575, in _on_handshake_complete raise handshake_exc File “/usr/lib/python3. 11/asyncio/sslproto.py”, line 557, in _do_handshake self._sslobj.do_handshake() File “/usr/lib/python3.11/ssl. py”, line 979, in do_handshake self._sslobj.do_handshake() SSLError: [SSL: SSLV3_ALERT_HANDSHAKE_FAILURE] sslv3 alert handshake failure (_ssl.c:1006)
2024-03-19 21:27:30.310394 INFO qolsys_panel: Establishing connection to 192.168.0.129:8883

Has this happened to anyone?

THANKS

Hi - I am not able to find the apps.yaml file

It’s in the addon_configs folder.

thanks for the quick reply… but I do not see a /addon_configs folder either using File Editor. I am able to see this folder via SSH window, but I do not know how to get to it to make changes

Make sure this option for File Editor is turned off:

In File Editor, hit the back button:

Select the addon_configs folder:

Thanks. I now am able to see QolsysGateway in the UI of AppDaemon

My Qolsys only has one door/window sensor (at the moment) Should I be seeing this in HA somewhere?

If you have the MQTT integration setup, then yes. You should have a device for the panel with entities for the panel status along with any sensors.

I believe I have the MQTT integration correct

AppDaemon: Client disconnection from Admin Client

The MQTT config is done in appdaemon.yaml.

Do you have the qolsys folder in your App daemon folder? Your logs do not show it starting up.