Question about Controlling Alexa/Google Assistant-only Devices with Home Assistant

Hi there!

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with controlling Alexa/Google Assistant only devices with Home Assistant? I have a Weiser Halo Touch door lock that has both Alexa or Google Assistant integrations that I would like to control with Home Assistant.

The end goal would be to ensure the door is locked at a particular time for instance.

1 Like

Did you ever find a solution for this?

I doubt this will receive much traction, as Weiser pushes only the app for its touchscreen locks. Kevo at least has a website to login to, but again its a closed ecosystem.

Since “Unlock with Google Assistant” is a feature in the app, might be possible to leverage Google Home.

Exactly what I want to do as well. Did you find anything for this?

Just found this on another thread. Apparently KwikSet is the same as Weiser. Might be worth a shot?

1 Like

I just tried this and guess what…its working!!! I have 2FA enable and was able to get a SMS to my phone on account. Just having it in HA with all other features is worth it. I hated going into the app, even though they finally updated it.

Whoa, did you manage to get a Weiser Halo working with the Kwikset app?

HACS has custom intergration for Kwikset - GitHub - explosivo22/kwikset-ha: Kwikset Smart Locks integration for Home Assistant. The Kwikset App is exclusively for use with Kwikset Halo, Halo Touch, and Aura smart locks.

Yes, and your last post mentions Weiser locks. Do you have the Weiser Halo or Kwikset Halo? I’m wondering if I can save money by buying the Weiser version but use it with that Kwikset integration.

Yes I have the Weiser Halo working with the Kwikset custom integration. Rarely do I use the use it in HA, mostly for a status display. It should work as Kwikset/Weiser are just rebranded for different locations they serve.

So do you use the Kwikset app with the Weiser lock? No issues adding it? I’m going to order one now!

I have the Weiser app that I used to create account and setup the lock.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I think there are a lot of people who could benefit from knowing this.