Questions - HA installation on QNAP / Docker (Container Station V3)

Hello all

New to both HA and deployment of Docker on a QNAP
First, the installation guide for /alternative/ QNAP must be for the previous version Container Station as many of the fields listed don’t align with Container Station V3.

After a couple guess attempts, the package installed, however I have no idea if it is installed properly ?

Reviewing the help section on Onboarding, regarding section 5 > Check out the devices Home Assistant has discovered on your network. My HA finds nothing after 24 hours, yet I have many of the devices listed as supported for HA (ie ISY, Zwave, Yamaha, etc)
My network is flat and added packages like speedtest to prove connectivity

There is another help doc on Networking and discovery, but I’m lost to understand which file is being edited (and where is this file)

A little guidance please

cheers
phn

Discovery requires mDNS and is not gauranteed. If devices are notndiscovered you may add them manually

For mDNS to work you need to be using host networking or macvlan. Still, no gaurantee and you may just need to add missing items manually.

Manually add using HA ui >> settings >> devices & services >> add integration. Some integrations cannot be added in ui and must be manually added into the HA configuration file.

If you are able to login and access HA ui, it installed properly.

Have you setup your container to run on network ‘host’ ?

Thanks for your feedback, good learning curve to go through and research each of your comments …

RE: “vingerha” question on “host” network, I went back and re-installed HA using bridge / stack IP mode …

Login was a few seconds slower (hmmm), but once logged in … HA discovery was busy adding a significant list of items …

Just to be clear, it has to be host + piviliged to work properly (with me at least)