Random "Google Assistant unable to reach Home Assistant Cloud by Nabu Casa"

Over the last week and a half or so when we ask Google Assistant to perform Home Assistant tasks it randomly fails. When it fails it says “I’m having trouble reaching the Home Assistant cloud by Nabu Casa”. I thought perhaps there was some sort of network connectivity issue, but while it happens I can still reach the internet from devices on my network, and more importantly I can trigger webhooks.

Is anyone else experiencing this behavior with Google Home? Any suggestions for how to fix this?

Update:
I just found the following in my logs:
Logger: homeassistant.components.cloud.google_config

Error reporting state - message_discarded: Message discarded because max messages reachced

—System—
docker: true
docker_version:19.03.12-ce
hassio: true
supervisor: 235
version: 0.114.4

1 Like

I have also been having similar issues. Sometimes I get a ‘unable to contact HA cloud by Nabu Casa’ or whatever, other times it will say there was an error ‘turning off light blah’ yet still turns off the light…

In my log I have a variety of errors:

Logger: hass_nabucasa.iot
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/hass_nabucasa/iot_base.py:212
First occurred: August 29, 2020, 4:27:43 PM (208 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:42:02 AM

• Unable to connect: 503, message=‘Invalid response status’, url=URL(‘wss://cloud.nabucasa.com/websocket’)
  • Unable to connect: 502, message=‘Invalid response status’, url=URL(‘wss://cloud.nabucasa.com/websocket’)
  • Unable to connect: 504, message=‘Invalid response status’, url=URL(‘wss://cloud.nabucasa.com/websocket’)

Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/hass_nabucasa/iot_base.py:149
First occurred: August 30, 2020, 12:00:47 AM (23 occurrences)
Last logged: 5:33:11 AM

Cannot connect because unable to refresh token: Too many requests

Lots of 502, 503 and 504 errors relating to Nabu Casa

2 Likes

Just found the same error in my logs.

First occurred: 11:31:07 PM (10 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:37:21 PM

* Unable to connect: 502, message='Invalid response status', url=URL('wss://cloud.nabucasa.com/websocket')
* Unable to connect: 503, message='Invalid response status', url=URL('wss://cloud.nabucasa.com/websocket')
* Unable to connect: 504, message='Invalid response status', url=URL('wss://cloud.nabucasa.com/websocket')

Yes, it’s been reported in the #cloud channel on the HA Discord server. They’re still looking in to it apparently, no indications of what the problem is (though it’s been noted that traffic has doubled recently) or when resolution can be expected.

The same problem has been reported impacting Alexa, so it’s not a Google specific issue either, but looks to be something with the NC service.

3 Likes

Is it maybe caused by the new Google system, seems since a few days we have now the live state in the Google home app

Reply from Nabu Casa Support:

"We are experiencing a load issue and are looking into the source of the problem.

In the meantime we have released a new version of cloud to help deal with the increased load"

1 Like

This is still a problem…

1 Like

No problems here , use it everyday :slight_smile:

I am not able to control my lights and other devices via Google-Home.

Also seeing the issue:

Logger: homeassistant.components.cloud.google_config
Source: components/cloud/google_config.py:140
Integration: Home Assistant Cloud (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 16:33:49 (10 occurrences)
Last logged: 16:45:13

Error reporting state - message_discarded: Message discarded because max messages reachced```

I still get the warning, but it works anyway

2021-04-15 09:10:45 WARNING (MainThread) [hass_nabucasa.google_report_state] Unable to connect: 503, message='Invalid response status', url=URL('wss://remotestate.nabucasa.com/v1')
2021-04-15 09:11:09 WARNING (MainThread) [hass_nabucasa.google_report_state] Unable to connect: 503, message='Invalid response status', url=URL('wss://remotestate.nabucasa.com/v1')
2021-04-15 09:11:43 WARNING (MainThread) [hass_nabucasa.google_report_state] Unable to connect: 503, message='Invalid response status', url=URL('wss://remotestate.nabucasa.com/v1')
2021-04-15 09:13:16 WARNING (Thread-32) [pychromecast.socket_client] [Badeværelse(192.168.68.107):8009] Heartbeat timeout, resetting connection

I removed Nubu casa from Google Home and added it again - message has now gone away… Edit didn’t work

Also have 166 warnings today, everything seems to work normal.
Maybe a resource issue at nabucasa’s end?

btw, does removing and adding Nubu casa from Google Home keep all settings in Google Home?

No you loose it all, plus the message has returned :frowning:

thx, did not remove and add it yet. Saved me some headache.

Hi Team, I think I am jumping on the problem with nabucasa and google assistant not working wagon. Just wanted to get a notification when issues might be resoled. Everything was working well until about 24 hours ago when all my devices disappeared from google assistant. Home Assistant still working fine. The cloud nabu casa page shows about 90 devices exposed to google and does not suggest there is a problem. Interesting my secure devices (Lock and Alarm) are still syncing to google assistant but no other devices. Have tried to re sync from both ends three times with no succsess. Any ideas?
Unable to connect: 503, message=‘Invalid response status’, url=URL(‘wss://remotestate.nabucasa.com/v1’)

Me too the same problems: google says it can’t reach nabucasa but then performs the action successfully. It has been like this for several days.

Almost 24 hours have passed without any nabusa connection errors, what’s your experience?

Nothing has changed for me: when I ask the assistant “turn on blue light” he performs the action perfectly but then he replies “I’m sorry, I can’t connect to nabucasa, I can’t access colorled living room” but then he turns it on regularly.
For the LEDs I use dresden elektronic deconz + fls-pp ip.
The same happens with the samsung tv: “hey google, turn on tv” … the tv is turned on but he replies “sorry, i can’t connect to nabucasa, tv is not available at this moment” :upside_down_face:

I’m still seeing it here…

Logger: hass_nabucasa.google_report_state
First occurred: 4:45:08 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 4:45:08 AM

Unable to connect: 504, message='Invalid response status', url=URL('wss://remotestate.nabucasa.com/v1')

Same issue still continues any updates the status of these errors would be most helpful.