Random unformatted code warnings when posting

I’ve noticed recently that I’ve started getting warning about unformatted code when I post here. The last thing I posted (here) only consisted of a couple of paragraphs and nothing which should be mistaken for unformatted code. Is something up with the whatever is checking this?

1 Like

Yeah I’m not sure the triggering logic is correct.

I just ticked the “don’t show this message again” box in the pop up.

1 Like

A few days ago i started getting these
Screenshot from 2023-11-20 15-01-19

Thinking that the ubuntu Firefox snap may have problems with the recent HA forum software upgrade, I have tried upgrading and restarting Firefox, but still getting this error - even if I click [edit] and immediately [save] without making any changes.

A search brought me here, and so I have also ticked the “Don’t show this message again” option and it seems to be working correctly now.

Just seems really odd that a 4 year old bug is still showing up.

2 Likes

Same for me now

Screenshot from 2023-11-20 15-01-19

I’ve tried to change browser

Just tick the box before clicking “post anyway”.

Can’t get around this in Firefox. Makes it unable to post at all if there’s any sort of code snippet.

I’m using firefox without issue after ticking the box. Are you using private browsing mode?

Others have reported that this causes the issue.

No but I was finally able to get it to work by closing my draft, refreshing the browser, going to my “account” page here and then reopening the draft. Not sure why it happened, but it did allow me to finally post.

Thankfully I found this discussion as I was ready to close my account and create a new one. Had to tick box, click post anyway, close pop up, re-open draft, then post again.