Ratgdo - local mqtt control for your Chamberlain/Liftmaster security+ 2.0 garage door opener

How are you running ESPHome? Stand alone or as an Addon inside Home Assistant?
Google says “This error is returned when the user that owns the local repository is different than the user executing the git command.”, so you have some weird ownership problems on the /config/esphome/.esphome/packages/bf922882 local directory.

Maybe tell ESPHome to do a clean build? Possibly with manually deleting that folder first?

How’s the ESPHome version looking as to compatibility with older openers? Mine has a red learn button so I’m assuming it’s security 1.0…

ratgdo feature matrix

Got mine set up today. easy peasy. You’re a hero in these dark times :saluting_face:

3 Likes

I had already seen the matrix, I guess I should have asked if there was any idea of a timeframe. Better question I guess would be if the device can be reflashed from MQTT to ESPHome at a later date…

I left some detailed info here about getting the wireless remote lockout added as an entity in home assistant. I kept seeing some yaml floating around but with zero context. So here is some more clarity on that process.

2 Likes

Yes, that is pretty easy to do.

I have my v2.5 shield and I’m trying to get ratgdo configured with ESPHome on an 8266 D1 Mini (not Lite) and still have a couple questions:

1. The ratgdo ESPHome config section has configs for ESP8266 D1 Mini lite and ESP32 D1 Mini, but no ESP8266 D1 Mini. My other ESPHome configs work with the board key set to d1_mini. Which (if either) config should I choose or should I just change the board key of either to d1_mini?

2. How and where do I retrieve the initial rolling code counter on a fresh ESPHome install/configuration?

All the board keys are listed here Boards — PlatformIO latest documentation

You don’t need to do any of that anymore, its all automatic

Thanks. I went ahead and installed it and it worked right away with the board key set to d1_mini_lite even though it’s a D1 Mini. Awesome!

That got me, too. I use Wemos D1 Mini clones all the time (the cheap ones with ESP8266), and I’ve never seen them sold as “D1 Mini Lite”—just “D1 Mini.” I think “lite” is there to differentiate them from the D1 Mini Pro (which has an ESP32 and extra rows of pins).

1 Like

Thank You Paul for letting me Rage Against The Chamberlain API lock down. Easy to install and everything worked right away. I have been recommending this solution to everyone I know, because it simply works!
Again, Thank You for your hard work and dedication to making an elegant solution to this ongoing issue.

I received my order of the ratgdo v2.5 board today. I am having trouble flashing the software onto the board. My PC will connect, but after hitting the install button, I get an endless “Preparing Installation” spinning blue circle.

4ekduwie

It looks like you might’ve selected the wrong driver.

I had this happen. For me, a different usb micro cord worked (the initial one i used must not have supported data transfer)

Problem is occurring on both Edge and Chrome browsers on multiple PC’s and using multiple micro USB cables (new cables that support data transfer). I have also tried flashing through the USB port on my Raspberry Pi and it does the same thing. I have the same issue when flashing ESPHome. Maybe I got a corrupted board.

Your’e separating the d1 mini board from the ratgdo when you flash it right?

Flashing is the rare instance i use a windows machine. Be sure to use only chrome and try a few different machines. Also, make sure the driver is installed. Double check device manager there are no “unknown” devices- If there are the driver isn’t installed properly.

If it still fails after all that then i would suspect a bad esp board- you can buy those pretty cheap separately though, you would just have to solder the pins to it. Or reach out and see if you can get a replacement- but with all the backorders it might be a little while.

I was able to get it resolved by changing the COM Port Number in Windows, and I checked the box for ‘Enabling the Serial Port Enumerator’ in Advanced Properties. I also cleaned the board with a alcohol wipe. Anyway, one of these fixed my issue. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey guys, I’m asking in case anyone might have a solution. I had my device working for about 3 weeks. We were having some issues with our Orbi 960 series router and Netgear gave us a firmware upgrade that knocked everything off. The ratgdo never reconnected. I’ve been trying for about 10 days now:
I keep getting an “Obstruction Problem” result and of course the counter is off
Each time I’ve pushed the “Restart button” the only thing that changes is the counter will go up by 11, every time in perpetuity.
I can somehow get it to restart at 22 again.
I’m not an expert at all in this stuff, but it was working really well and I’d like to get it there again if possible…or, is this thing basically trashed now (my own fault) for whatever reason?
It’s the 2.0 version and I can get everything else working.
Thanks in advance for any insights anyone may be able to offer!

I just stopped in to this thread to say that I put in two RATGDO devices over the weekend and I’m happy to report that I’ve broken free of the MyQ chains!

I removed the integration from HA and blocked the openers from accessing the Internet at my router. Sitting here on my home network, the openers aren’t even available in the MyQ app on my phone connected the the same network. What garbage.

3 Likes