RaZberry2 EU 2016 "is zwave plus: false"

Hello.

I have a Raspberry Pi 2 with the latest home assistant installed and the RaZberry2 EU cape.

I recently wanted to introduce a z-wave setup for my home, i currently had only philips hue and some weather sensors to my home assistant setup.

I managed to install python-openzwave and openzwave, i has some issues at first because i did not install the official script from z-wave.me prior to starting the home assistant openwave setup guide, so /dev/ttyAMA0 could not be read by openzwave as a summary.

I managed to fix that by installing their script which fixed the serial port.

I currently have only one z-wave device, the Aeotec ZW096 Smart Switch 6 which works very well.

The problem i have is that the switch is reported as supporting Z-Wave Plus by is zwave plus: true but the controller has is zwave plus: false in the home assistant info modal.

Is anybody else using the RaZberry2 controller? If so, is it reporting z-wave plus? Do i need to configure something else for it to become z-wave plus in context of home assistant? Z-Way-Server reports it as Z-Wave Plus.

Are you using the OpenZWave Control Panel or the Z-Way-Server provided by z-wave.me to manage your z-wave sensors/switches and controller? I currently have them both stopped and start the services only if i need to configure something that home assistant cannot.

I use ozwcp for advanced sensor/switch settings.
I use Z-Way-Server just to update the firmware of the controller and to add new devices becase the interface is much simpler.

I don’t know if i’m using them wrong, maybe i can get some tips.

Thank you.

See this thread where others are seeing similar behaviours in that report. It could be a bug with the new feature, or some other quirk.

I’m just using HA, particularly these days there’s nothing I’ve needed to do that can’t be done there - though I’ll admit that the OZW control panel is much more intuitive and avoids having to dig out the details of the device.

I read it before posting, it seem dead because the discussion went a by off topic from the issue of the controller not being reported as z-wave plus.

I’ll just ignore this and treat it as a bug, as long as i have all the devices included securely it must be working as z-wave plus, coerced by the fact that z-way-server reports it and all the devices having z-wave plus support and being included securely.

Thank you for the tip, i will try also to use home assistant for inclusions via the zwave service add_secure_node to minimize usage of ozwcp, but some settings will still be available only through ozwcp, like reporting intervals and such specific sensor settings.

Thank you for replying!

Oh, they’re all available through HA, you just have to know the property ID you’re setting, and what the values need to be. You can get that from reading your zwcfg_*.xml file, or from the manual of the device. That’s why I said that OWZ is more intuitive, since it displays them directly.

How exactly are they available ? As a home assistant zwave.<service?> as states here Z-Wave - Home Assistant?

I only know how to use services and events to create automations to use via the web ui.

Is there anything else like a script or program to run from the console?

From the Services link. You can use the zwave.set_config_parameter option, and provide the necessary JSON. You get any output in the console log.

Yes, it’s not terribly nice to use :confused:

Got it.
Yup, it’s a bit rudimentary, but it’s fine to have options to chose from when setting up sensors.

Thank you for your time!