Recommendations for Thermostatic Valves (TRV) to work with Hass.IO

The H&T is not great, but it is a low-power WiFi device designed differently to the Shelly TRV, I suppose.
I have one ShellyTRV here and my other TRV’s are Eurotronics Spirit Z-wave Plus devices.
The ShellyTRV is good - unlike the H&T, it stays online so that you can navigate to the website and power consumption has not been a concern yet over the 2 months that I have it (at 99% for the last 2 months). I do not like how the battery can’t be swapped-out though, that’s a real turn-off for me, especially at the price-point that these devices are at.

There are good options for configuring the TRV and it supports http POST for many of the features too. So I like them, but I’d like them more if they have swappable batteries (even 18650 cells) AND a lower price!

1 Like

Thanks for that feedback, really helpful.

I am not a fan of the built in battery either nor the price, but the simplicity of integration is appealing.

I just purchased the Shelly eink stat, that seems to work well well so far. I have it powered and that sleeps, but wakes up regularly to update HA.

1 Like

Zigbee products are much more power-friendly and communicate with HA more efficiently than the Wifi ones, IMHO.