Home Assistant Community

Recovering a Snapshot?

I had to reflash my micro SD card, I have added Samba and put my snapshot in the backup folder but I can’t figure out how to get the snapshot tab to display my snapshot to restore from (no more refresh button)

0 Likes

Perhaps restart home assistant?
Or perhaps you can load it from the panel? (Developer Tools>Services and call the hassio.restore_full service)

See here too Hassio 0.61 Snapshot Service

0 Likes

I ran into this issue as well. Restarting my Raspberry Pi made it show up. I hope this helps someone in the future!

4 Likes

from ssh you can run
hassio sn reload
and it will update the snapshot list.
I think there’s a reload now in the front end as well.

3 Likes

@DavidFW1960, @dale3h, I can confirm a restart of the host (Rpi etc) is needed. Restart of hassio from webui or supervisor restart does not do the trick.

1 Like

I don’t know what you are doing but I can reload snapshots without restarting the host just fine.

0 Likes

I dont know what you are doing, but I can’t :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve done it twice over the last few days.

0 Likes

You and me both mate. Definitely doesn’t work on my hassio.

0 Likes

I had same issue. There’s a small refresh button in the right upper corner on the snapshot page. That worked for me

7 Likes

Same here!

0 Likes

@Try2Fly you are right, the refresh button forces to system to reload the snapshots. I have done it with a rpi3 and the new hassio

1 Like

Thanks much! I was totally overlooking that refresh button.

0 Likes

Try2Fly - Thank you! I was beating my head against this too, not seeing that button!

0 Likes

Hey guys, hope you don’t mind me asking. Woke up this morning to find several of my configuration files have become unreadable.

I’m trying to restore my most recent snapshot. I can see it and hit ‘restore selected’ but it doesn’t seem to be doing anything.

What should I see to know it is restoring?

0 Likes

The hassio sn reload didn’t work for me, but the little refresh button in the corner did work. Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi David, replying to you because I notice you are very active here.

I have been using hassio for 4-5 months, decided to do a new install because of many errors in log file about corrupt .py files, etc…

I copied the .tar file to another location. I have the new install up and running, installed samba from the add on interface. When I try to alter username and password (i can change the interface w/o issue) I can not save and get this message:
not a valid value for dictionary value @ data[‘options’]. Got {‘workgroup’: ‘WORKGROUP’, ‘username’: ‘hassio’, ‘password’: None, ‘interface’: ‘eth0’, ‘allow_hosts’: [‘10.0.0.0/8’, ‘172.16.0.0/12’, ‘192.168.0.0/16’]}

also, when I try to upload the .tar file into the backup folder through the configurator, it does not upload, so even if I refresh the view it does not show any restore options.

I have restarted and rebooted a few times.

What am I missing? Am I supposed to use putty?

0 Likes

When an addon config turns red, you have a formatting error so check for that. Look for missing quotes, commas, etc. Also, you need to have a password.

0 Likes

thank you, the quotes on password were missing as the default value off null does not show it requires quotations like the other fields do!

Okay, I still can not upload the tar file via the configurator, how do I get a windwos share like I had before I used the nuclear option?

0 Likes

I use the ip address of home assistant within file explorer. \\192.168.1.240, for example. Then I add \config or whatever to quick access. Don’t bother messing with host names or the network browser.

0 Likes