Recovering a Snapshot?

I had to reflash my micro SD card, I have added Samba and put my snapshot in the backup folder but I can’t figure out how to get the snapshot tab to display my snapshot to restore from (no more refresh button)

Perhaps restart home assistant?
Or perhaps you can load it from the panel? (Developer Tools>Services and call the hassio.restore_full service)

See here too Hassio 0.61 Snapshot Service

I ran into this issue as well. Restarting my Raspberry Pi made it show up. I hope this helps someone in the future!

from ssh you can run
hassio sn reload
and it will update the snapshot list.
I think there’s a reload now in the front end as well.

@DavidFW1960, @dale3h, I can confirm a restart of the host (Rpi etc) is needed. Restart of hassio from webui or supervisor restart does not do the trick.

I don’t know what you are doing but I can reload snapshots without restarting the host just fine.

I dont know what you are doing, but I can’t :slight_smile:

I’ve done it twice over the last few days.

You and me both mate. Definitely doesn’t work on my hassio.

I had same issue. There’s a small refresh button in the right upper corner on the snapshot page. That worked for me

Same here!

@Try2Fly you are right, the refresh button forces to system to reload the snapshots. I have done it with a rpi3 and the new hassio

Thanks much! I was totally overlooking that refresh button.

Try2Fly - Thank you! I was beating my head against this too, not seeing that button!

Hey guys, hope you don’t mind me asking. Woke up this morning to find several of my configuration files have become unreadable.

I’m trying to restore my most recent snapshot. I can see it and hit ‘restore selected’ but it doesn’t seem to be doing anything.

What should I see to know it is restoring?