Recovering a Snapshot?

ok, that is what I have been doing, still not uploading the tar file but I am probably 70% rebuilding it all through pasting the duplicate yaml files, those upload well

You are seeing it copy over when using samba or nothing happens at all? It should be copied to /backup directory.

It’s possible you’ve got an incomplete snapshot. Do you have others to choose from?

nothing at all, have 2 full snapshots to try, about 4 days apart. As I said other files upload to other directories (config) so I figured it was an access issue, as I don’t understand Samba enough to trouble shoot it…

Same problem …

I crashed my SD card … and I want to restaure my 2 days full snapshot. I uploaded the tar file in /config via Samba … rebooted… but the file is not seen :frowning: … What to do ? It’s a nightmare

Did you click the refresh icon in the snapshot page after you copied the file back?

The tar file should go in your backup folder.

Thank you! The refresh button worked.

Probably to late to help most, but I had always had this problem before with snapshots and worked for hours yesterday before I got it. (problem was downloaded snapshots never showed back up when I put them back in hassio)
When I download the snapshots they are saved like this:

Hass_io_snapname
I tried renaming without underscores:
snapname

Tried several then they all showed up when I did that.
Might be coincidence but this worked for me.

'm trying to put snapshots from one 107.6 system to another. I have samba share running and I move the snapshot file literally between the backup folder of each system. 107.6 still does not see it even after restarts. Any ideas?

What happens when you take a snapshot on the second system, does it show that snapshot? If so, maybe you can compare the 2 snapshots and see if there’s something amiss (like file permissions or whatever else).

Have you tapped the reload icon on the snapshots screen? (Top right)

I had to reboot the system before they showed up. I also renamed the long_name_file_107.tar to 12345107.tar in the backup folder.
@DavidFW1960 I did not see that little curly arrow and since it had no label, I wasn’t sure what it did - the whole system or just the new snapshot. I did of course reload the page - not sure if it’s the same thing.
Thanks for that advice David because it looks like I’ll be doing this a few more times.

It just reloads the snapshots list… reads the folder for snapshots so when you copy a snapshot to the backup directory it won’t ‘see’ it until you reload snapshots. There is a reload command you can execute from ssh as well

1 Like

I updated to 109.3 and I don’t see anymore the reload icon in the top right of the screen. They had made some changes to the reload procedure?

No changes to the procedure, missing button is a bug that happened during a large (in progress) redesign of that section. It should be restored soon.

1 Like

Hi

I’m having same issue, I’ve manually copied a snapshot to the backup folder, but it does not show up and since the reload icon is not on there, I don’t know how to inlcude in the list.
I’ve already tried restarting HA, but with no success.

Is there any possibility to reload the list from the backup folder?

Thanks

PS: the only way I found is to go to web terminal and do the command “ha snapshots reload”

Reboot your host, then it will show up.

You mean reboot entire machine, not only HA?

Anyway, I found that going to web terminal and issuing the command “ha snapshots reload” now is ok.

Question for the snapshot experts :slight_smile:
I have copied a snapshot (.tar) file to my NAS, deleted it via HAS.
The snapshot doesn’t appear anymore…copied it back…pressed refresh and the snapshot is back!
So far so good…
But now I started a complete new HAS setup (in this case on a SSD - but that is not so relevant, I assume). Installed Samba to be able to put the same snapshot file back in the /backup folder. Also here pressed refresh, but nothing happens. Rebooted, no snapshot is appearing.
For your info: During setup I used same username and password for HAS.
I believe it must have something to do with reading or access rights, but I ran out of options. That is why I asked the experts here…Please help!
First of all to understand, because if for what ever reason I need to set a new HAS system I would like to use the most recent snapshot that is stored on my NAS. Second because I want to move to an SSD right now, without starting from scratch (as you can imagine)

Are you using the reload icon in the upper right corner of the snapshot page? Refreshing the browser will not do it.