Refresh Token issues

I was getting invalid log in attempts every time I tried to open the v1.5 ios app on any of my 3 ios devices. So I closed the app on all devices and deleted all my refresh tokens from HA (there is no log-out option that I could see in the app).

I use DuckDNS and now no matter which ios device I log in from they all attempt use the same single ios refresh token (ip address = my router internal address) and the first log in attempt fails as an invalid log in on any of the devices. Then the app works (on all three). This however causes my IP ban to kick in after a few log ins.

How can I sort this so that each device uses it’s own token?

From other thread: Logged out on each refresh - #5 by DavidFW1960

Yes. The name of my HA server.

Yes the device names match the HA configuration.

In the config of the app you should have a unique name for the iOS device. The reset button acts like logout.

The device_id in the app is unique for each device and matches the HA iOS config.

The name field in the STATUS section of the app is greyed out and not editable. It is the name of my HA server (same for all devices).

So the device I’d is unique for all devices. What about if you go into the Notification Settings? Is the push ID there unique to all devices? What happens if you tap on import push settings from server? I am running the version 2 beta BTW.

If you go into iOS settings > about is that Name there unique to all devices as well?

Only other thing I can suggest is the nuclear option - totally blowing away all things iOS from HA. I did a step-by-step in a post a few weeks ago - I’m on my mobile iPad right now for a couple of days and can’t get access to my PC to post it again here but you should be able to find it. Maybe I called it scorched earth…

If you RESET the app it should delete all settings for the app on the device and I think you then get a new device ID.

I have tokens.- different ones for all my devices and also chrome on my iPad as well as the app token, that has a token as well. Weird issue you are having. Also my ZeroTier One instances on both iPhone and iPad have their wn tokens as would be expected.

Push ids were unique. Updating push settings did not make a difference. Reset did not fix it. The nuclear option seems to have done the trick. Now I just have to re-import all my sounds.

Thanks.

1 Like