[Release] Inception alarm/access control panel by Innerrange

logo
This is an addon that integrates the Innerange Inception System with home assistant. There exists a project already that does this for users of HA core, this addon is for users of HA OS (Supervised).

This addon is a fork from matthew-larner/inception-mqtt that used a separate docker container to run the service. This service is the same as above (assuming fork does not diverge too much due to updates on original project), wrapped as an addon that allows users of Home Assistant OS (supervised) to run the service.

To Install:

Go to Supervisor -> Add-on Store -> 3 dots at top right -> repositories
Enter https://github.com/samturner3/homeassistant-addons and click add.
Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 12.34.39 pm

You will find a new card under Sam's Home Assistant Addons. Click it.
Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 12.34.55 pm

Click install

Go to configuration tab

Enter in required controller details. See readme for details.

Start addon and monitor logs by clicking Log tab at the top.
Ensure there are no errors. You know it is working once you see your controller entities being listed.

You should now have working addon!

Important tips:

• This addon requires you have setup and running an mqtt broker within HA.
  • If you cannot see all devices ensure the user you logged on with has the appropriate permissions in the inception web interface.

This is my first addon, let me know how you go :slight_smile:

I went to give this a crack tonight and when I started it. I got this error.

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
[17:46:13] ERROR: Got unexpected response from the API: Service not enabled
[17:46:14] INFO: Starting service.
> [email protected] start /usr/src/app
> if-env NODE_ENV=local && npm run start:dev || npm run start:prod
> [email protected] start:prod /usr/src/app
> node ./dist/index.js
Invalid URL: mqtt://:@:NaN
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! [email protected] start:prod: `node ./dist/index.js`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! Failed at the [email protected] start:prod script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.
npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     /root/.npm/_logs/2021-03-28T07_16_15_277Z-debug.log
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! [email protected] start: `if-env NODE_ENV=local && npm run start:dev || npm run start:prod`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! Failed at the [email protected] start script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.
npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     /root/.npm/_logs/2021-03-28T07_16_15_309Z-debug.log
[cmd] /run.sh exited 1
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.

from the API: Service not enabled.

Not :100: sure what service this refers to, but ensure you have a mqtt broker setup on home assistant and ensure the username’s user on the inception API permission is enabled. Check readme for details.

I’m all good there have a mosquito broker and have it as an integration. I think this line in the log is key
Invalid URL: mqtt://:@:NaN
It reads to me like it is not picking up the MQTT server configuration.

API is all good in inception. Was using Matt Larner’s setup before I thought I would give this integration a go.

Ok next version I’ll give option to select mqtt broker manually in case someone is not using the internal HA one. Hope this would help a few people.

In that version I’ll also intergrate changes from original project.

2 Likes

External broker config option would be awesome!

I have this same error I can get the inception api to connect using the sky tunnel url fine on my home system hassio setup. but on my second hassio system in my work shop where my inception system is on local network I get the same error you have using local IP or the sky tunnel url. Both system have the same default mqtt broker installed via the default hassio repository. Any ideas how I can get it working seems strange why one system works the other does not

The error above appears to be from a lack of a MQTT broker running on home assistant.

Have you run up the MQTT broker integration and configured?

Yeah issue was with my broker, removed it and upgraded to the official one that I though was already installed any how now works a treat thanks

This if fantastic, thank you!

I have it in and working on my brand new Integrity system, including the ability to arm/disarm from HA.

The only issue I am experiencing is that the system state (armed / disarmed) always shows disarmed, even when it is armed.

I accidentally triggered the alarm and it did change state to alert me it was in alarm so it appears the “armed” state is not working.

This is my first MQTT integration and I suspect it is something to do with the payload data coming through and the fact my system has an ARMED mode and not ARMED AWAY?

Thanks in advance!

Dane

I too have found the same issue with this custom integration. I ended up just using the connections functions on the inception and hosting a connection server via NodeRed, then into HA. It’s another step but this project seems fairly stale so I figured it was a descent enough way until things possibly get sorted with the Integration.

I’ve had a brief look at the source code but it’s both a bit above my head and don’t have the time to learn it.

Yep sorry about this, I have moved and no longer have access to a inception system. Open to anyone taking over.

Hi All,

I recently got an Inception system and run home assistant so landed on this page.

I ran Sam’s add-on but had the same issues during testing. I also tested Matthews docker container but it wasn’t really the direction I wanted to go so I have forked this project and implemented all of Matthews latest changes.

You can download this by adding the below add-on repo.

Note: I don’t have Inception installed at my place yet so let me know how it goes as I have only done testing so far and no real world use. As with anything new in my house it starts with Home Assistant integration before anything else :joy:

Regards,

Paul

1 Like