Remootio garage door automation - new product

Hi Chris,

This is interesting as I too installed Node-Red and Dylan’s extension but have never used Node-Red before and couldn’t work out how to link into HA. I’ll give your switch template a go and I think it could be combined with a cover template as shown in the example in this thread

Ideally I want to get away from any cloud service and rely on the direct API. If this works I’ll be installing Remootio into some electric gates I have which use an unreliable cloud service too.

So this is what I created in the HA config after copying your flow:

- platform: template
    covers:
      remootio_garage_door:
        device_class: garage
        friendly_name: "Remootio Garage Door"
        value_template: "{{ states('sensor.remootio_garage_state') }}"
        open_cover:
          - condition: state
            entity_id: sensor.remootio_garage_state
            state: "closed"
          - service: switch.turn_on
            target:
              entity_id: switch.remootio_garage_switch
        close_cover:
           - condition: state
             entity_id: sensor.remootio_garage_state
             state: "open"
           - service: switch.turn_off
             target:
        stop_cover:
          service: switch.turn_on
          target:

It works very well

Hi perimore,

That’s great, very similar to the code in HA I used, I’m glad it helped.

A slight update to my flow over the weekend was the introduction of a 5 Second Timer Delay Node after the events.remootio node. I found that if I restarted NodeRed, I lost the variable state for the sensor, and when the first automation triggered I got an “Open” ios message and then “Closed” ios message (or vice versa) straight after the other. By adding the 5 second delay, it seems to have stoped this happening as the second message cancels the first.

In my switch template, I also added some code that changes the gate icon depending on the state (open / closed) which looks great in the interface.

Yes, I fixed this with the below:

value_template: >
          {% set s = states('sensor.remootio_garage_state') %}
          {{ s if s in ['open', 'closed'] else 'open' }}

Basically assume “open” if an unknown state is received.

I need to find some “Node-Red for dummies” videos because I just can’t figure out how to use this :frowning:

@sebforrest possible to share the flow in JSON with me ?

anyone had anymore newer luck, im lost with all this Node-Red stuff

Hi Dylan,

Big thanks for your integration. I have a small question:
Is it possible that your ‘sendQuery’ command isn’t being captured by the ‘events: remootio’ node? Or is there another way to check the device’s response?

Thanks,

Cybor

I am having heaps of trouble trying to get my head around Node-RED as well. Is there any other way of doing it or a step by step instructions for dummies?

I would also love to know how to do this. I also see that with the new Home Assistant version there doesn’t seems to be homebridge integration which had the remootio integration

theres a pull request awaiting that should add it directly to HA

1 Like

thanks a mil @jamesbj348, this is awesome. For a dumb user like me how do i install it? there is no download or anything. I have the IP and the API keys i need but how do i integrate it? Do i have to do it in node-red? Can you maybe help with a dummies guide PLEASE?

its pending to be added into core which i believe will be then available in integrations, im new myself so i dont know how long it takes for new integrations to be added if it requires a new main release or it could be passed at any time. be better to just wait like me till its added in core then wont require any node-red or homekit

1 Like

Thanks for clearing that up for me and probably a lot of other people too. I really appreciate it. Looking forward to the integration. Keep well. All the best for 2022.

I see this is still waiting to be added to core. Looks like things move slowly there.

Wondering if it’s possible to add to HACS? Or last resort, how could I install manually in the mean time?

Hi - I tried to install this manually through HACS, but I get this error when installing the integration in HA:

Config flow could not be loaded: 500 Internal Server Error Server got itself in trouble

Any ideas why this would happen ? Tried redownloding through HACS but still same error.

1 Like

what version are you using? i only tested it on 2022.2.9 and is working fine here

HA version is 2022.3.1

possibly something is broken in the newer version, as i have no coding experience i cant fix or give any guidance besides downgrade if you can, i purely just made the repo as many of us are impatient and want our systems to work lol

I also have 2022.3.1 and receive the following with the HACS version.

Logger: homeassistant.util.package
Source: util/package.py:99
First occurred: 1:50:52 PM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 1:51:45 PM

Unable to install package aioremootio==1.0.0a13: ERROR: Cannot install aioremootio==1.0.0a13 because these package versions have conflicting dependencies. ERROR: ResolutionImpossible: for help visit Dependency Resolution - pip documentation v22.1.dev0

Thanks for people’s efforts to try to get this working.

1 Like