Remootio garage door automation - new product

Good that it works! Yes, it seems like my PR was merged a few hours ago, so now it hopefully works without any special fixes!

1 Like

Hello mates!
I tried to install the remootio under HA ( Home Assistant Core 2022.6.0) with hacs (ver 1.26.2).
All seems looking fine, but when I tried to enter IP, API secret key key and API auth key, the integration says me:
"Your Remootio device isnā€™t supported. Please update the software on your device at least to v2.21 and install the sensor for detecting if your gate is open or closed."

The remootioā€™s firmare version is 2.30, and on the same subnet with my home assistant docker.
Anybody had the same problem with solution?

I wanna use the remootio with my HA to control Hƶrmann Rotamatic.

Cheers:
CeruzaUR

After attached the status sensor, the integration works. :wink:

1 Like

Apologies for my ignorance, but how did you install remootio in HA. I have tried to find it in HACS and canā€™t and it clearly is not in the core integrations yet.

You need to add this custom repository to HACS ā†’ https://github.com/sam43434/remootio

After restarting HA you can then use the Integrations feature in HA to install Remootio. You will need to supply the API keys provided to you from the Remootio App.

Ass @chillywasher wrote below:
You need to add this custom repository to HACS ā†’ https://github.com/sam43434/remootio

After restarting HA you can then use the Integrations feature in HA to install Remootio. You will need to supply the API keys provided to you from the Remootio App.

Hi James,

Iā€™m not sure how to share the flow and remove my credentials. If you can send me a link to a tutorial of how to do this Iā€™m more than happy to give it a shot.

Iā€™ve changed my flow a lot from the original, and although there is more going on, I think itā€™s simpler to follow. I have attached a screen shot (below).

I have a node red sensor that collects the remootio gates status (open / closed), and two input_boolean defined in my configuration.yaml. One for toggling the gate and one for toggling auto-close.

Iā€™ve incorporated some zones so the gates open when I come home too using the ā€œautomotiveā€ activity sensor on my iPhone.

Finally Iā€™ve been using a custom mushroom card from HACS and some templates to change the colours and icons for the gates and auto close toggle switch in the front end. See below.

Any questions and Iā€™ll try my best to help.

Thanks, Chris

2 Likes

I am trying to add the repository, but unfortunately I get the error

https://github.com/sam43434/remootio is not a valid add-on repository

Any advice? Thanks

I am trying to install remootio and have got as far as entering the API keys but I hit the unexpected error issue. I am on HA 2022.9.4 and Remootio Version 2.30. Is anyone else having issues with these versions?

Hi all, I have been getting an error intermittently lately.

Failed to call service cover/open_cover. Sending of frame has been failed because connection to the device canā€™t be established. Host [192.x.x.x] SerialNumber [c4xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] ApiVersion [3] State [State.CLOSED]

When I reboot Hassio or reload the integration it works again. Then after a while I get the same issueā€¦ Remootio device is online and working normally. I have logged an issue on the github repo. Anyone else having this issue??

yes Iā€™m seeing this issue too.

Yep me as well.

Itā€™s the same for me.

Yep, same here.
Weā€™ve turned our garage into a multi-function room now and the door rarely gets used, so I begrudgingly disabled the integration.

I suspect itā€™s an ESP device, so have tried to see if itā€™s flashable.

Same for meā€¦ no fix yet?

Iā€™ve decided to order an ESPHome-compatible device to replace it, because at least that way thereā€™s more control and support.

There was a bunch of activity last week on GitHub for the official integration. Seems closer than everā€¦ Maybe finally will be in 2022.12.

3 Likes

I have the same problem. SendQuery doesnt generate any events

latest changes have been pushed to the temp HACS repo, Hopefully it does soon make it into offical release

1 Like

Config flow could not be loaded: 500 Internal Server Error Server got itself in trouble