Remote access suddenly doens't work anymore

Since a day or 2 my remote access, both the app and via browser stopped working.
Keeps saying impossible to connect and spinning.

However when I’m connected to my home WiFi network it is available, even with the “remote” URL

Things I’ve checked and done so far:

• Raspberry PI still has the same static IP and can be reached
  • Cleared the IP ban file of any entries
  • Renewed the SSL certificate just to be sure
  • DNS name is still working fine, as it is also used for other devices (but with different ports)
  • Port forwarding is still enabled on my router
  • Tested on 2 mobile phones, and multiple computers

Duck dns? There were post about a ddos attack but only effected certain areas. Someone else was able to get in through a European vpn.

No, it’s not DuckDNS related, as I don’t use it.

My NAS has an on-board dynamic DNS service, so I use that domain to reach my network.
And the certificate for that domain on the Home Assistant :wink:

And like I mentionned: via the domain I’m still able to reach my other devices.

Hi i have exactly the same problem.
I am using addons DuckDNS and NGINX.
This worked very stable for 3 months, but stopped working this morning.
I issued new SSL certificates but it didn’t help.

Have you checked the port from the outside to see if it is open? Maybe just delete and rewrite the rule.

@serega.pte see the link I posted above.

Sorry, I made a mistake. I issued new certificates and put them in /usr/share/hassio/homeassistant/
It started working again.

@Mikefila : No, navigating via https://[outside IP]:8123 keeps on loading as well.
Just disabled and enabled the port forwarding rule on my router again, but with no difference.

@serega.pte : in my case my configuration.yaml is set to take a look in the /ssl directory, so that’s where I replaced my certificates. Or has this location been changed automatically with the recent updates?

heem something is not right since you are not being able to connect from outside. As for https://IP:8123 will not work (off course) only via domain if you setup proxy correctly

I know something isn’t right, hence the topic :stuck_out_tongue:

can you check the error log via local ip?

Which log provider would give me the best indication?

log from your HA, which I believe you still can accessis locally

I can indeed, but you have logs for Core, Host, Supervisor, …

basically what is the error messages thrown when you are trying to connect using domain

Believe it or not: it just started working again after 3 days…
No idea what changed…

Hi all,

Yay for Threesa, but I have a similar new issue today that persists; my RPi4 ethernet connected HASSOS platform “hung” today - only noticed when my sunset automations didn’t run tonight. No changes to any config in 3+ weeks, last rebooted maybe 2 months ago.

My WiFi router is not reporting HA as a connected device any more, so I can’t IP connect.

RPi4 rebooted, router rebooted, ethernet cable swapped, SD card reseated - no improvement. The ethernet LED on the board flickers green during the boot sequence then is OFF.

I connected a monitor and keyboard and booted again:

• I see a heap of ‘DEPEND’ alerts during bootup starting with " Dependency failed for HASSOS overlay partition".
  • There is a “FAILED” alert for “Failed to start HassOS overlay setup”.
  • After the “Welcome to Home Assistant” prompt appears I can login as root (no password) but not using my personal login. BUT there is no prompt after this, and aside from keyboard echo nothing much happens.
  • After the login prompt is displayed there are a few alerts like “Got data interrupt 0x00000002 even though no data operation was in progress”, every 25-30 seconds.

Any thoughts or hints on what I should look at next?

1 Like

are you using SSD or microSD? most problem occurs when the microSD get corrupted.

I’m using a Kingston MicroSD, 64GB.

if you have an extra microSD rebuilt your HA and restore… if it working then your old microSD is toast.

I’d also say that your SD card is corrupt.
If you manage to get it working again, don’t forget to add this to your configuration.yaml as to releave some stress on the SD card:

recorder:
  purge_keep_days: 31
  commit_interval: 10
1 Like