Reolink E1 Outdoor Integration

Hi, I’m looking at the Reolink E1 Outdoor as a possible replacement for a Hive View outdoor wifi camera.

But there’s a comment on the Reolink HA integration, Reolink IP NVR/camera - Home Assistant which states:

“The following models are lacking the HTTP web server API and can, therefore, not work directly with this integration. However, these cameras can work with this integration through an NVR in which the NVR is connected to Home Assistant.”

E1 Pro
E1
Reolink Lumus

I won’t be using an NVR. Should I be concerned about this limitation? I’m not sure whether it applies to the E1 Outdoor, as well as the E1 Pro and E1. Can anyone clarify?

Thanks.

I’ve got that one working in HA.

The only thing I’ve not figured out is how to store the images locally. Since I only have 1 camera, I can use Reolink’s cloud service for free but I need to “re-subscribe” every month even though I don’t pay anything to do that…

1 Like

I configured the camera to record via FTP and installed the ftp addon on the HA.

1 Like

Looks great, thank you.

I see you have Person & Vehicle sensors turned off. Have you tried these? I’m hoping to use person detection as an HA trigger to turn on some porch lights.

‘off’ here just means its not detected a person/car (I guess I could override with more meaningful words but I’ve not looked into that)

Ah, ok.

I also didn’t realise there’s no subscription for a single camera. That’s a big selling point if still true - I need to look into that.

Thanks very much for your help.

Hi, I now have an E1 Outdoor integrated into HA.

Can you please clarify how you subscribe to the Reolink cloud service for one camera for free? I couldn’t figure out how to do this, so maybe it’s not available to new customers.

I’m on this one :

That’s from https://cloud.reolink.com/

Thanks. I finally found it in the app, fairly well hidden at the bottom of the page.

Now subscribed.

1 Like

They wouldnt make it easy eh ? :rofl:

I can’t seem to get the PTZ working on this camera I am using Blue Iris. Any assistance would be appreciated. I am also using the HA reolink integration.

you seeing the higher quality streams?
mine only sees the fluent one.
did you have to enable it somewhere?

How do you display the images in HA?

I use frigate now, it creates a folder within the media, with the recordings.

Newbie question.

I’m considering purchasing Reolink outdoor/indoor cameras as they integrate with HA.

They don’t have face IA but I understand Frigate can do this.

For local storage, I was wondering if its better to let it store locally on the sd card, then if there is a way to download this at night to a local hard drive with HA.

I was afraid that making all 4 cameras + doorbell constantly storing to HA NVR (don’t know which or how) 247 would jam up the wifi all day long. Was considering if storing everying on sd card then downloading at night when everyone is asleep might be a better approach to save wifi bandwidth?

Please advise if I’ve got this completely wrong?

thanks

Frigate itself cannot do facial recognition. You’d need a plugin like compreface or double-take to do that. Also, if you are going to go the Frigate route, you’re going to want to make sure you have a Coral TPU for processing.

Not exactly. I have SD cards in every one of my cameras as a backup. HA doesn’t automatically store recordings locally, but makes the contents of the SD card available through the media browser. You can use the camera.record service to store recordings locally though. You can also capture snapshots as well.

If your local WiFi isn’t that great and you can’t upgrade to something more robust, you might want to consider going POE instead. All but one of my cameras (my doorbell) are POE. With that said, the compression that Reolink uses allows for recordings on a moderately busy SD card to be stored for 5-7 days.

The way I would approach this is to use Frigate as your NVR. It stores recordings and snapshots regardless if the camera has an SD card or not (but I would DEF put SD cards in your cameras should HA/Frigate not be available; This way you won’t miss recordings). Plus, I would absolutely get a Coral TPU for it as well.

thanks very helpful.

Maybe I have missed in the posts here but I saw no one mentioning how to integrate the "not supported’ models like the E1 Outdoor Pro.

So for those looking on how to: you must install the reolink windows app and connect to your camera. There under settings - network - advanced - server settings… you can enable the UPnP server, after that you can get full functionality in HA. Hope this helps some of you out!

1 Like

The option you want is HTTP and/or HTTPS and RTSP with ONVIF, not uPNP.
Those being disabled by default is a feature of the latest firmware so affects most of their cameras as the new firmware goes on.