Reolink POE IP Camera Setup

Any update on a new release that might incorporate the person / vehicle detection sensors?

Hi, I have just integrated GitHub - fwestenberg/reolink_dev: Home Assistant Reolink addon to my HA and connected a Reolink 510WA. My local HA instance uses http (not https) and the user account being used for the camera connection has Admin rights. I am able to see the switches and the binary_sensor created by the add-on, and also the camera stream works well. Unfortunately the binary_sensor never triggers for motion. Any ideas?

2 Likes

That is a known issue, just disable the entity and make a new binary_sensor for trigger motion.

binary_sensor:
  - platform: rest
    resource: !secret reolink_motion_sensor
    name: Voordeur_camera_motion_trigger
    scan_interval: 6
    value_template: "{{ value_json[0].value.state }}"
    device_class: motion
2 Likes

I have recently purchased a 510a camera and at the moment having issues with the motion detection binary sensor. Any progress/changes in your installation, any changes on @fwestenberg integration?

Thanks @anon36468094 but I would rather use the build-in motion/person detection feature of my 510a through the @fwestenberg integration. I think relying on the REST API with a rather long scan_interval might miss a lot of relevant events?

Woud love to do the same. Fire an event when Ai detects anything, upload video clip to local storage. HA notification. Voila, that would be brilliant.

Hi @fwestenberg , thanks for your Reolink integration and your ongoing support! I have recently updated to the latest version and was hoping to have the issue with my RCL-510WA solved but unfortunately it did not. All the switches and the binary_sensor are there and seem to reside inside HA without issues. However, the motion event never triggers inside HA. The camera does recognize motion and sends out push notification through the Reolink app. Also when I change the state of the binary_sensor manually from OFF to ON a motion event triggers, which indicates that the integration itself has no problems. Any advice is much appreciated. Cheers

@sahni I am on the fence RE purchasing a couple of RLC-510WA (wireless) and was wondering about the state of the integration with HA. It seems the presence detection is not working at all yet, questions:

• any other issue, e.g. is video integration with HA working okay?
  • lastly is the presence detection reliable in this cam?

My experience using 4 RLC-820A connected to an NVR and the HA integration

Video integration with HA:

• You get a picture in the overview section that updates every…10secs?
  • Click on the image opens a popup with an image that never loads :warning:
  • Enable/disable recording, audio, and motion work well :white_check_mark:

Presence detection reliable in this cam:

• You can get motions in HA that never occurred (comparing with the Reolink client) :warning:
  • Go to the Reolink client, find a motion, go to HA and look for that motion, motion never happened :warning:

The reolink_dev integration works in so far that all the entities are available in HA and you able to set the properties of the camera. Unfortunately the binary sensor for motion does not work despite the fact that motion detection works well in the Reolink App. I was planning to add more 510WA to my system but will not do it for the time being since I want the motion binary sensor working in order to use the great AI feature for person detection of the current Reolink cameras. I am aware that alternative solutions (e.g. Doods etc) exists but I do not see the point to utilize additional software (and therefore bloat up my system) when the camera (RLC-510) has built-in AI person detection.

1 Like

It seems that the lastest version of the integration can deal with person/car detection: Support for car and person detection · Issue #86 · fwestenberg/reolink_dev · GitHub
Thanks to the developer (fwestenberg) and thanks to the reolink developers that added the required data in the ONVIF stream. Of course you have to be on the lastest firmware in the camera (3.0.0.177 for my 810A). I have 6 RLC-810A still in the package… and I am looking forward to install and test them!

1 Like

@dncex can you please confirm your integration is working? It seems there is still trouble with it, but obviously I am keen to get my one fixed :wink: Motion Detection not working other entities work · Issue #200 · fwestenberg/reolink_dev · GitHub

May I ask how did you enable/disable motion from HA?

I would like to disable alarms/motion alerts on some of my cameras when I’m at home, but after adding an RLC-820A connected through the NVR I could only see the switch for audio and not the others.

Guys request the new firmware from Reolink support which changed codec for main stream from h.265 to h.264. I just got working RLC-810A in Frigate NVR. I wrote more on this here (including new RTSP links): Local realtime person detection for RTSP cameras - #5001 by palito

2 Likes

Having no luck here either on current versions. Fails setup and I get an error like the following:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/config/custom_components/reolink_dev/**init**.py", line 73, in async_setup_entry
push = hass.data[DOMAIN][base.push_manager]
KeyError: 'push_manager-ec71dbeb6a0e'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 293, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self) # type: ignore
File "/config/custom_components/reolink_dev/**init**.py", line 82, in async_setup_entry
await push.subscribe(base.event_id)
File "/config/custom_components/reolink_dev/base.py", line 230, in subscribe
get_url(self._hass, prefer_external=False),
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/network.py", line 116, in get_url
raise NoURLAvailableError
homeassistant.helpers.network.NoURLAvailableError

Is it possible this is related to DuckDNS and/or SSL configurations in some way?

1 Like

I had this working a few months ago when everything had to be setup manually. Unfortunately that doesn’t seem possible now? If it is, maybe I could try that to see if it uncovers any behaviors that would help resolve things. I’d mostly like to at least get the motion detection switch working for home security peace of mind. The generic cam serves my purpose well enough at the moment.

Why downgrade the codec? 265 is usually much more space efficient than 264.

how to install it ?

I am guessing that the reason for the requested firmware update is rtsp:// supports 264, but not 265.

For instance, I cannot get my 4k reolink NVR cameras to show enlarged live stream on HA because I cannot use rtsp with 4k.

More info on 264/265/4k streaming:

1 Like

Can you not use RTMP with 4k?
rtmp://{IP or URL}/bcs/channel0_main.bcs?channel=0&stream=0&user={username}&password={password}