Yes:

• motion detection
  • doorbell presses
  • AI person detection
  • AI vehicle detection
  • AI pet detection
  • AI face detection
2 Likes

Hi, did you find in which location the camera files are? I can’t see this in the rest of the discussion. Thanks!

I think the files are located in the camera/NVR. HA uses FTP to load the video files in the browser.
I think. Correct me if I’m wrong

Is there any way capturing and sending screenshots (eg via telegram) on motion detection through HA? (Reolink IP NVR/camera - Home Assistant)

Yes of course there is.

If so - how? I enabled the snapshot entity for the cam, but how can I push screenshots on motion now?

Create an automation with the motion entity as trigger. Then use camera.snapshot as action followed by notify for telegram.

alias: Notify Doorbell
sequence:
  - service: camera.snapshot
    data:
      filename: /media/carport.jpg
    target:
      entity_id: camera.carportcam_sub
  - delay:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 0
      seconds: 0
      milliseconds: 200
  - service: notify.mobile_app_zinken_iphone
    data:
      data:
        tag: doorbell
        image: /media/local/carport.jpg

This is what mine looks like, although I have a doorbell as a trigger (separate automation) and uses Home Assistant Companion as notify-service.

1 Like

So it is possible to send an image inside a homeassistant notification??

If I simply use filename: frontdoor.jpg, where will this image be saved? Or do I have to be explicit with the folder name? Does it have to be /media/?

Yes, this send a notification to my iphone and when I expand it I can see the attached snapshot.

Don’t know what happens if you use filename: frontdoor.jpg
It doesn’t have to be /media/ but the documentation says this:
The path part of filename must be an entry in the allowlist_external_dirs in your homeassistant: section of your configuration.yaml file.

1 Like

Okay gut it, /media seems to be the default path, so I can simply use /media/snapshot.jpg. I can already see the snapshots created in the HA media browser.

BUT: the notification still gets no images pushed to my android phone.
What could be missing?

alias: Camera Snapshot Motion
description: ""
trigger:
  - type: motion
    platform: device
    device_id: ...
    entity_id: binary_sensor.frontdoor_motion
    domain: binary_sensor
condition: []
action:
  - service: camera.snapshot
    data:
      filename: /media/frontdoor.jpg
    target:
      device_id: ...
  - service: notify.mobile_app_myphone
    data:
      title: Frontdoor
      data:
        image: /media/frontdoor.jpg
mode: single

Even when I only trigger the service itself (the images exists), I only get the alert in the app, but no image.
How can I test if an image could be displayed at all on my phone as a notification?

/edit: found it: I have to use image: /media/local/frontdoor.jpg when exposing, but /media/frontdoor.jpg when persisting in camera trigger…

could you please also add the siren in as well.
so we can use it for other events.

I’m not the developer :smiley: I just follows PR.
Siren support is ongoing and a lot more, see:

@starkillerOG is it possible to trigger pre-recorded (quick reply) events for the doorbell camera? That would be great as currently, we have to open the app for that.

I am the developer/code-owner of the official HomeAssistant Reolink integration.

I have just finished a large set of PRs that add new features to the reolink integration.
I can confirm that in HomeAssistant 2023.4.x that will be released on April 5th 2023 the following platforms/entities will be added:

Number entities:

• floodlight brightness
  • volume
  • guard return time
  • motion sensitivity
  • AI sensitivity for
    • Face detection
    • People detection
    • Vehicle detection
    • Pet detection

Switch camera:

• Record audio
  • Siren on event
  • Auto tracking
  • Auto focus
  • Guard return

Switch host/NVR:

• Email on event
  • FTP upload
  • Push notifications
  • Record
  • Buzzer on event

Select:

• Floodlight mode (Off, Auto, Schedule)
  • Day night mode (Auto, Color, Black&White)
  • PTZ presets (names of (up to 61) preset positions set by user in the reolink app/client, retrieved from the API)

Siren

Light:

• Floodlight
  • Infra red lights in night mode
  • Status led

Button:

• PTZ stop
  • PTZ left
  • PTZ right
  • PTZ up
  • PTZ down
  • PTZ calibrate
  • Guard go to
  • Guard set current position

It will be a massive release of new Reolink entities/features :slight_smile:

If you appreciate the reolink integration and want to support its development, please consider sponsering the upstream library.

12 Likes

@skynet01 quick replay messages for the doorbell are not yet supported by the Reolink integration.
I have not yet figured out the API commands for that and do not even know if it is possible at all in the API at this moment (doorbell is reletively new and firmware is still beeing updated on the side of Reolink).

I have contacts at Reolink and I will ask them about the quick replay API commands.

3 Likes

Wow, that is a SERIOUS list of features … can’t wait!!!

I’m still using the unofficial because I need the Day Night Mode switching. Once this is released I can switch to the official, which will be NICE!

Thats awesome list of features. Hope we can disable / enable things that we don’t need easily (or some things are disabled by default) I can just see 500 new entities getting created for my 10 cameras. Would be cool to also generate last recording link to use in notifications. as I have to rely on Snapshot component to make them right now.

Thank you so much for asking Reolink about the quick reply integration.

Can someone explain to me what the face detection is. I have not seen that on Reolink before.

I have an 810a which works well with this integration except for the update entity which has never been anything other than unavailable.

Any suggestions anyone?

@skynet01 yes everything will be regular entities that you can disable if you wish, all will be enabled by default.
Do note enties will only be added if the particular camera model supports the feature, so all PTZ related entities will not be created for cameras that can not turn.

The problem with the last recording link is that I would have to include the username and password of the camera/NVR in the link, exposing password information to the frontend. That is a potential security risk.
I might add this in the future using tokens instead of passwords, but that also is a security risk although smaller and has additional complications:
The token expires after 1 hour so the link would change every hour, so if you send a static text link to a phone for example, the link will not work anymore after an hour. Even worse, say the token was aquired at 14:05 and a AI detection happens at 14:55, the token would expire at 15:05, so the link will only be valid for 10 minutes.