Reolink POE IP Camera Setup

@klogg the updates of reolink firmware is very buggy.
Bassically if it works in the reolink app/windows client, it will also work in HomeAssistant.
Unfortunately in many reolink camera’s the update buttons in there own app/client do not work, so it also does not work in HomeAssistant.

We can only wait untill reolink fixes this in theire firmware, or ask Reolink support to fix it in the firmware of your specific camera.

You can disable the entity in HomeAssistant if it does not work on your particular camera.

1 Like

Great update, can’t wait for it to get to production.

Not really a question regarding the integration but is there a setting to control sensitivity for motion on FTP Upload?
I have tried to calibrate the motion detection in the reolink app to match a separate motion detector I have in the same area, but when I enable FTP upload (for example automated when I lock / arm the house) it seems that the motion detection disregards my settings and record every single grain of dust that passes the camera.

Will (in the end) it be supported to send the quick reply messages from the doorbell. Would be really cool to welcome someone home based on facial recognition.

@Zinken that sounds like a firmware issue, I don’t think there is a seprate sensitivity setting for the FTP upload. I would suggest you contact Reolink support for this and see if they can fix it in their firmware.

Almost certanly this will be supported, I am currently discussing this with a Reolink firmware engineer. He is looking into if there is already a API command for this.
If not, I am going to ask them to add it to the firmware, might take some months but in the end it will most likely be supported.

4 Likes

Wow this is awesome! Thanks for your hard work!!

1 Like

@starkillerOG is there any plans to add media browsing like the JimStars integration?

If you have a good relationship with the engineer could you possibly ask to be able to disable the sound on the doorbell itself?

I have read somewhere this is coming in the reolink phone app right?
Once it is available in the app, I can request to add it to the API.

1 Like

There is some work beeing done on media browsing, see here: Question about media platform. · Issue #9 · starkillerOG/reolink_aio · GitHub
But currently I am too busy with other features that I am implementing and testing to work on that.
Probably it will get added at some point, but it is not my first priority.

1 Like

@SgtBatten the new NVR firmware v3.3.0 offers the ability to disable the sound on the doorbell itself.
I already implemented it in the upstream library version 0.5.8 that I just released: Release 0.5.8 · starkillerOG/reolink_aio · GitHub

This HA PR will add support for controlling the doorbell button sound: Reolink doorbell extend features by starkillerOG · Pull Request #90469 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

If you appreciate the reolink integration and want to support its development, please consider sponsering the upstream library.

Thanks for the update. I’m not able to view github on my current computer. I do not have a reolink NVR, does functionality like that typically make it into the camera settings in the app/web portal

@SgtBatten yes it schould, I would expect it to also already be supported when you connect the doorbell directly withouth NVR, but I did not have time yet to test and virify this.

The quick reply messages work with the Reolink App.
IMO, this means that the camera has an API for this.

So Reolink doesn’t really has to update the firmware for this, just provide us with the documentation or someone hopefully can reverse engineer this.

Hello, I have reolink E1 zoom and with your integration the ptz function does not work, is it normal?

@starkillerOG is there a way to listen to ONVIF events as an alternative to the webhooks function? The webhook seems to be missing lot’s of motion / person events.

ONVIF events are beeing send to the webhook, so they are the same thing.
Have you already updated to HomeAssistant 2023.4 beta?
HA 2023.4 (beta) has lots of bug fixes including a few once important for the ONVIF events.

Please let me know if you are still missing events on HA 2023.4 (beta).

1 Like

I don’t have the beta installed, the official is set to be released the 5th, so i’ll wait it out and report in. Thnx

I am anxiously awaiting the opportunity to test this fix. Is today still the day for the official 2023.4 release?

I’m waiting by the phone. :wink:
13:38:38 UTC
Wednesday, April 5, 2023

2023.4: Beta release notes - Home Assistant (home-assistant.io) release date is set to 5th of april, so yes, hopefully.

1 Like