Reolink POE IP Camera Setup

The sensor for “Infra red lights in night mode” seems to be reversed, it is on during the day when the infra red should be off.

I want to use this as a day/night sensor to save me installing a separate one to control some lights.

Thank you for this great work! I use it and it’s very usefull. :smiley: :ok_hand: :+1:

I have one question : how does the “guard go to” work?
Nothing happens when I clic on it. I’m looking forward how to order the camera to move to memorized positions?

Thank you !

Raphaël

If the sensor is ‘ON’ the infrared will turn on at night, otherwise it will remain off. So, even during daytime it remains ‘ON’.

I also use a RLC830A but there is no ptz_preset entity. Did you do something to create it? I use the official and automatic integration, my cameras have been detected automaticly.

Thanks !

@uscan the “guard” function is to let the camera return to 1 specific position after the camera is not moved and no person/pet/vehicle is detected for the “Guard return time” in seconds, and the “Guard return” switch is ON.
The “Guard set current position” button will set the current camera position as the gaurd point.
The “Guard go to” will move the camera to the gaurd point.

In your case the camera is most likely already in the gaurd point so pressing the “Guard go to” will not do anything. Try moving the camera with the PTZ up/down/left/right/stop buttons to a diffrent postion and then press the “Guard go to” button.

The Guard feature is mostly used in combination with auto tracking, to let the camera return to a specific position after tracking a object.

What you are most likely looking for is to just move the camera to preset postions, this can be done using the “PTZ preset” select entity.
You probably do not see this entity because there are no presets set on your camera yet.
My Reolink docs explain this with:

PTZ preset positions can be set in the Reolink app/windows/web client, the names of the presets will be loaded into Home Assistant at the start of the integration. When adding new preset positions, please restart the Reolink integration.

So first use the Reolink app to make some preset postions, then restart the Home Assistant Reolink integration.

If you appreciate the reolink integration and want to support its development, please consider sponsering the upstream library or purchase Reolink products through this affiliate link.

1 Like

OK thanks for the go to, it works when the camera is not on its guard point.

I installed the HACS integration and now the “PTZ Preset” appears.
I had 3 presets defined before all those tests… but maybe I did not restart Home Assistant since I installed the cams (and I did it after HACS install)… I will figure it out, thanks for this tip !

Hello Everybody, I have 3 Reolink cameras, all configured with this integration. All 3 units are unfortunately WiFi units, as I did not have the possibility to install wires on our property. The 3 units are:

• Reolink Doorbell WiFi
  • Reolink RLC-511WA
  • Reolink Duo 2 WiFi

I am having somewhat of an issue with getting the “Clear” streams of these cameras within HA (they work well in the mobile app). The Doorbell and the 511WA work relatively fine (although it takes a while to load in the Clear streams), but the Duo 2 does not seem to work. “Fluent” works fine, but I have never managed to get the Clear stream to properly load. It does show up in the list of entities, the entity state is the same as the “Fluent” stream.

Ironically this unit sits closest to the Access Point (have a Deco mesh system set up), so I am not sure if connectivity is the issue here. Does anybody have any idea if I could do anything to improve the situation? I would like to put all 3 cameras on a Dashboard to use it on a wall-mounted tablet, that is why the Clear stream would be preferred.

I have been having to reauthenticate with 2 of my Reolink cameras about once a week lately for the last 3 weeks. These are Reolink Duo 2 PoE with floodlights. They will show up in HA settings as red. I click the login and it will say there is a problem. The config screen for the camera will pop up and I need to check the box for HTTPS for it to succeed. I’m good then for another week. This does not happen with my Reolink Video Doorbell WiFi.

Any thoughts?

I had the same with the Duo 2 WiFi, but also with my RLC-511WA. I have noticed that the online login page changed slightly, so perhaps Reolink updated something on their platform. (that would be my guess)

1 Like

Sorry about that, that is due to a change I made in the code.
I am aware of it and will be fixing it.
I was on vacation, so it took a bit longer for me to pick up the issue.

I am continuesly working on improving the Reolink integration, unfortenetly that sometimes comes with some unforseen issues such as the misidentification of the ReAuth flow.

4 Likes

@starkillerOG is there a way to use the integration to send a video of the event ?

@antonellopasella Try this his guy he’s videos are very helpful.

2 Likes

I recommend using Frigate Lovelace card (it works without frigate just fine) basically you can set up a dashboard that shows low latency feeds or even just feeds that update every few seconds and then if a camera detects motion (you can specify this in a card what sensors to check) it will switch to live feed that can be fluent or clear. Been using it for a few years and it works really well. The author may even include showing media library for Reolink cameras if enough people vote on it