Replacing Zigbee Dongle

Hi there,

recently I had some outages on my Zigbee (ZHA) network (which seem to be solved now → reason was probably a faulty plug causing too much traffic in the network)…

But … for the case that this might have been caused by a defect on my dongle, I bought another one just to be sure.

• The current dongle is a Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 [P] … and the new one is a Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 [E], which should also support multi-protocol …

I consider to move to the newer “E” Dongle, because I want to have the option to also use Matter / thread with this device - but I am unsure what the best method would be to replace the existing dongle.

Is it possible, to move the whole Network to the new Dongle, without rebuilding / re-pairing all devices?
And if I re-pair them, can I just keep the existing entities in HA without the need to re-add them?

Resetting some of the devices is a mess… at least, one LED controller in particular, because it is on top of a shelve…

I just found another topic here, but it was without reply for over a year…

1 Like

I’ve done it, going from the Sonoff to SkyConnect. It went well, but it was during a flurry of things I was doing, don’t recall specifics (except it being painless, and my audible exhale upon completion).

Select the Zigbee device, hit Configure.