Repositories have stopped working

Unspported. Read the provided link to find out why.

Everthin was working fine for the last year and now all of the suddent it comes falling down. I don’t need more features, just wanted a stable system. Spent far too much time on this and although vested in the solution, considerin abandoning my setup… Frustrating.

I’m running a raspberr pi, SD card boot. Now all of the sudden HASSIO isn’t support on it? Am I understanding that correctly?

Actually, it sasy Debian Buster (10) which is what i’m running on the PI

Or I need to SSH to the box to do this?

But what if I cannot modify SSH because the repository isn’t work?

Do you use home assistant supervised install? If so, you can ssh to the pi directly, no addon needed. just sshd need to be running, maybe you need to enable it with a keyboard and screen attached to the pi.

For god’s sake click on the supplied links.

Seem to be a Pi issue.

Raspberry Pi Addon Repositories missing / not working

No valid repository

and several entries more.

I’m doing my best here. I think I meet the OS version but I don’t have SSH so i’m triyng tget that worrking so I can get into this docker system that I don’t know. This isn’t intuitive for me. Wish I would (could?) have just stayed at the previous working version…

I didn’t do anything and now all of the repo’s are workin and I can see the configurator…

It seems as thought I cannot make the appropriate changes that nickrout asked me to via ssh as i cannot seem to gget out of the container…

So, i was able to the configurator/file back up. I can open SSH via the browser – still have the unsupported message as I cannot get anywhere, trapped inside the docker container.

I think you probably don’t. Can you show a screenshot of the info screen?

Hey David…

From the link

From my info

Am I wrong in seeing the Linux 10 Buster as the same, or are they different? I’m running on a raspberry pi as it was the simplist for me to understand get running. Given all teh issues i’ve spent hours looking at (from the disappearing conigure sidebar, to ssh, to docker, etc)

Raspbian </> Debian even though it’s based on Debian.

I’m still confused. That was my issues why the repositories weren’t working or why I got reamed out above. Trying my best here. Way over my head with this stuff and spent hours on it…

Thank you David for sharing info with me.

I dont wanna be rude or so, but to use supervised install its atleast mandatory to know some linux stuff like how to activate ssh, difference between native ssh on the pi and ssh addon, difference between raspbian/raspberry pi os and debian and how to setup correctly supervised install by yourself and how to fix the issues mentioned by the supervisor. Its probably better to switch to home assistant (former called hass.io), thats simpler to use and wont come with these drawbacks.

2 Likes

Thanks Tenn0. I think i’ve done pretty well with my little knowledge. It was been running for a year… I was able to get SSH working in the browser, but I’m not able to break out of the container to access the files that I want to to change my journaling config. I may have another issue with the PI or my firewall which seems to not let me remote in (any port is accepted). But that’s separate.

There is a reason I went with the Raspian supervised install and that was for the store, was I was guided that way because it’s easier. Now with it being unsupported, it seems i’m being pushed back towards hassio… The reason I went with the supervised option was because I had an update that broke my previous install and because I didn’t have access to the OS files (even taking the SD card out) i had to scrap my entire setup.

I may just give up on the Raspberry and run it on my Server as a VM but again, that has other challenges…

If you know how to run a VM I would consider switching to that. The VM image is maintained by the HA team so they address all the compatibility issues. I managed to get the VM up and running and applied my snapshot back in no time. Like I think it was literally 15 minutes.

Just download one of the prebuilt VMs from the HA site, load it on your VM platform of choice, apply the snapshot, and you’re up and running like nothing changed.

It’s certainly easier than trying to manage the image yourself (if you have little experience doing so).

Thanks @jjross jjross.

So here is my dillemma. Failed setups have left me salty. I thought going with Rasp/HA would solve it. Apparently not.

I have a raspberry PI. I can only run Raspiann not full Debian 10 on it. So that method is gone.
I can run Home Assistant (Hassio) but that is a limited environment (access to the host OS which is what I wanted after the last crash) – but I do get add-on’s – I use Node-Red so I need this one.

The main reason I haven’t gotten rid of the PI and went to the VM on my server is because I use a z-wave stick and I’m not sure how to pass the z-wave stick to the VM that has HA on it… I guess that’s another thread…

I do know the ESXI environment well as well as traditional linux so I’m comfortable there.

Appreciate the insight on the moving of your config/upgrade. It would be nice to have it on a system /VM that I can fully backup as well.

Or you could run debian + supervised.

As what I’ve read, I cannot run Debian on a pi. must be raspbian, which is what I have…

It would seem my options are

1. Leave the thing alone and continue to back it up … just in case one day it dies and I need to salvage my z-wave network
  2. Convert the pi to Hassio. This again limits my access to the core OS, which has F’d me before and I had to rebuild
  3. Move the HA setup over to a linux (Debian to be supported) build running on my server, supervised.

I actually alread have a ubuntu build running in my setup, primarily for node-red. The reason for the Pi was the z-wave stick that I wanted to put in the living room as the server is in a closet and z-wave doesn’t work. I may try to get a repeater and see if I can get rid of the pi4

I believe the RaspberryOS (not Raspbian) 64bit version is detected by HA as Debian and you might be able to run supervised supported on that… but I guess someone may flick a switch and that could be unsupported in the future as well.

So if you want it on the Pi why not follow the Home Assistant Operating System instal method:

Raspberry Pi - Home Assistant

Easy peasy and still fully supported including add ons.