Repository: Bestlibre Addons repository

I have created a new addon. It is another solution to proxyfy homeassistant with ssl support. It is based on caddy server. Certificats are obtain from lets encrypt and renewal should be automatic and transparent. Multiple vhosts are supported. The addon is here

1 Like

Do you know what are the pros/cons of caddy vs nginx with certbot?

I have more experiences with nginx and it is a more mature (older) project. But I still want to test (and use) caddy :

• caddy configuration files are smaller so less error prone,
  • renewal and server restart is automatic (no more messing arround with stopping the proxy to get the certificat and then restarting the proxy with the official addons, or forgetting to restart the proxy if you used my addons).
1 Like

I’m going to give it a go, but will probably run it on my other docker VM as I want to keep hass.io for HA related stuff.

After today’s update the online radio plays like a charm!
Thanks @bestlibre!

With the recent update of hassio which use an internal docker network, it is possible to proxyfy a service even if the port is not exposed.

For exemple, within the configuration of the grafana_multiarch addon, you can set the external port to null, which will disable the external port mapping (ie the port will not be accessible in the docker host). Then you can use the (full)name of the addon : addon_53caca22_grafana_multiarch in the remotesection of the nginx/caddy proxy addon.

This way you can run multiple addons with the same (non) exposed ports on one host.

@pvizeli : What is the way to get the full name of an addon from the web-ui ? And could it be possible to specify the alias in the ui, or use the short name ?

Hi all!

Thank you Bestlibre for your support. I successfully installed caddy with your support and now I’m trying to use mopidy as well.

I installed it and tried to start it connecting to hass.io:6680 (and tried also 6681 and 6600 6601) but i cant connect to the webpage.

I have to set something else?

Do you have any logs ?

Here it is after a restart:

pipe:///tmpfs/snapfifo?name=default
Settings file: /root/.config/snapserver/server.json
2017-09-04 10-23-01 [err] Failed to create client: Daemon not running
2017-09-04 10-23-01 [out] PcmStream sampleFormat: 48000:16:2
2017-09-04 10-23-01 [out] PipeStream mode: create
2017-09-04 10-23-01 [out] Stream: {"fragment":"","host":"","path":"/tmpfs/snapfifo","query":{"buffer_ms":"20","codec":"flac","name":"default","sampleformat":"48000:16:2"},"raw":"pipe:///tmpfs/snapfifo?name=default","scheme":"pipe"}
2017-09-04 10-23-01 [err] (PipeStream) Exception: end of file
(gst-plugin-scanner:23): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstdtls.so': Error relocating /usr/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstdtls.so: BIO_set_data: symbol not found
INFO     Starting Mopidy 2.1.0
INFO     Loading config from builtin defaults
INFO     Loading config from /var/lib/mopidy/.config/mopidy/mopidy.conf
INFO     Loading config from /var/lib/mopidy/.config/mopidy/mopidy_cast.conf
INFO     Loading config from command line options
INFO     Creating dir /root/.config/mopidy
INFO     Enabled extensions: mpd, http, moped, stream, m3u, softwaremixer, file, local, local-sqlite
INFO     Disabled extensions: gmusic
WARNING  Found gmusic configuration errors, the extension has been automatically disabled:
WARNING    gmusic/username must be set.
WARNING    gmusic/password must be set.
WARNING  Please fix the extension configuration errors or disable the extensions to silence these messages.
INFO     Found 0 files in media_dir.
WARNING  Encountered 1 errors while scanning media_dir.
INFO     Checking 0 tracks from library.
INFO     Removing 0 missing tracks.
INFO     Found 0 tracks which need to be updated.
INFO     Scanning...
INFO     Scanned 0 of 0 files in 0s.
INFO     Done scanning.
INFO     Starting Mopidy 2.1.0
INFO     Loading config from builtin defaults
INFO     Loading config from /var/lib/mopidy/.config/mopidy/mopidy.conf
INFO     Loading config from /var/lib/mopidy/.config/mopidy/mopidy_cast.conf
INFO     Loading config from command line options
INFO     Enabled extensions: mpd, http, moped, stream, m3u, softwaremixer, file, local, local-sqlite
INFO     Disabled extensions: gmusic
WARNING  Found gmusic configuration errors, the extension has been automatically disabled:
WARNING    gmusic/username must be set.
WARNING    gmusic/password must be set.
WARNING  Please fix the extension configuration errors or disable the extensions to silence these messages.
INFO     Starting Mopidy mixer: SoftwareMixer
INFO     Starting Mopidy audio
INFO     Starting Mopidy backends: StreamBackend, M3UBackend, FileBackend, LocalBackend
WARNING  Local media dir /share/mopidy/media does not exist or we lack permissions to the directory or one of its parents
INFO     Loaded 0 local tracks using sqlite
INFO     Starting Mopidy core
INFO     Audio output set to "audioresample ! audio/x-raw,rate=48000,channels=2,format=S16LE ! audioconvert ! wavenc ! filesink location=/tmp/snapfifo"
ERROR    M3UBackend backend caused an exception.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mopidy/core/playlists.py", line 18, in _backend_error_handling
    yield
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mopidy/core/playlists.py", line 66, in as_list
    playlists = future.get()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pykka/threading.py", line 52, in get
    compat.reraise(*self._data['exc_info'])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pykka/compat.py", line 12, in reraise
    exec('raise tp, value, tb')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pykka/actor.py", line 201, in _actor_loop
    response = self._handle_receive(message)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pykka/actor.py", line 295, in _handle_receive
    return callee(*message['args'], **message['kwargs'])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mopidy/m3u/playlists.py", line 69, in as_list
    for entry in os.listdir(self._playlists_dir):
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/share/mopidy/playlists'
INFO     Starting Mopidy frontends: MpdFrontend, HttpFrontend
INFO     MPD server running at [::ffff:0.0.0.0]:6600
INFO     HTTP server running at [::ffff:0.0.0.0]:6680
INFO     Starting GLib mainloop

You should be able to access it with IP:6680 (or 6681, if you used the mopidy_cast version and use the default ports). You do not have any file in /share/mopidy, but it should not prevent you to access the webui.

1 Like

Hey!

I just stopped and restarted the app and now it works!

I tried to add spotify in the option field (using the readme file) but it doesn’t work…

here is what i wrote:

{
  "local_scan": true
},

{
  "name": "spotify/username",
  "value": "YourUserName"
},
{
  "name": "spotify/password",
  "value": "YourUserName"
}

Where is the error?

I had to disabled spotify since it is not compatible with alpine linux. I will try to publish a debian based version of this addon sometime this week.

Can anyone offer any advice in setting up influxdb?
I have created a db file using the http api but it does not appear to be populating.
Do I need to specify the path and filename in the config?

Thanks

thank you!

You do not need any special configuration in this addon. It should work out of the box. You have to configure it in homeassistant configuration file : https://home-assistant.io/components/influxdb/

Thanks,
I have not configured within the configuration file :roll_eyes:

I finally got round to installing caddy - its great! After previous faffing with certbot and cron and probably other crap to get automated SSL cert stuff working caddy really is a big relief!
I didn’t install on hass.io - I used my other docker VM as I am keeping hass,io for HA related stuff only.
Thanks for the tip!

I just tried in get syncthing up and running and I am getting this error:

starting version 3.2.2
/run.sh: line 7: /syncthing: No such file or directory

I did not change any configuration options as no options were listed at https://github.com/bestlibre/hassio-addons/tree/master/syncthing

Any advice would be much appreciated!

There is a bug in the run.sh of this container. I will try to fix it ASAP (probably in the next half hour).

1 Like

Thanks for such a prompt reply!