Repository: Homebridge add-on

Well… I’m actually ready to publish, the local build works perfectly fine and I’m completely satisfied with my code.

Nevertheless, but the build scripts from the hassio-build are failing me. First of all, they are not compatible with Mac, fixed that. Now only two of the four architecture successfully build. Oddly enough, the build for the arm fails but actually works on my Raspberry PI.

Trying to figure out what is wrong and different…

UPDATE: found the issue, fixed and working again for all architectures.
Preparing release.

1 Like

OK, it is getting late, and I’m pretty frustrated by the things happing right now.
As said, everything is done, and I’m happy with the addon created.

Nevertheless, as it seems, I’m unable to publish it? The actual docker push is not working somehow.

I keep getting this error message from Docker “denied: requested access to the resource is denied.”
Don’t get me wrong, I use Docker on a daily basis and have published quite a lot of containers. I’ve tried publishing to my private & organizational accounts, all the same error :S

So no release today will continue after a good night sleep (and after finish my day at the office).

Sorry!

4 Likes

Not a problem. I think a lot of folks will be really glad with the effort you’re putting into it!
Only thing I can imagine going wrong with that error message is that the image didn’t get tagged.
But I’m no docker pro.

Hehe well, the good news is: I’ve found the problem :slight_smile:

If anyone ever tries to build add-ons on a Mac, please ensure your docker authentication credentials are not stored in the OSX keychain, since the build environment of Hass.io cannot access them :wink:

As soon as I get home, I will publish it all.

9 Likes

Which repository will that be in? I’m assuming this will replace @olivierg version?

As you had mentioned apt, I’d love to know the repo. This would mean we would have to uninstall th other Homebridge that doesn’t work, correct?

Thank you @frenck for your efforts.

I’m too wondering where can I download your fixes on Hass.IO. Should I remove Oliver’s installation?

Thanks again!

Just a quick update, I’ve released my add-on to the public. You can find it here:

https://github.com/hassio-addons/repository/tree/master/homebridge

@Schneider That is a correct assumption. You cannot install my & Olivier’s add-on at the same time.

I will post more extensive and fitting reply later this evening.

7 Likes

Thanks @frenck for investigating and fixing the issue while making the whole thing more bullet proof!

To the user of my add-on: you should be able to safely migrate by uninstalling it and installing @frenck’s (he uses the same path for config, so you shouldn’t have to reconfigure anything if my add-on worked at some point). I’ll confirm later today once I got the chance to do it myself.

3 Likes

Works perfectly, well done :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can confirm that it works, even over HTTPS. Thank you so much @frenck for the hard work!
If I can get now my HDMI-CEC to work then my HassIO setup is complete :wink:

1 Like

Just installed and copied over my old Accessories and Persist folders; changed my config to the same username/password that was running on my existing Homebridge install (another PC) and it works great; didn’t have to re-setup everything all again.

Thank you for the excellent work! As soon as someone develops Pi-Hole for Hass.io; I can call my desktop home server obsolete!

2 Likes

Thank you this is working!

1 Like

Hello @frenck!

Thank you so much for your work! Everything now works just fine, now I can call Siri my best friend again! hahaha

Cheers mate!

1 Like

My hassio has ssl activated so I need to use https://fake-address.nu:8123 so my question is how should I setup the config.json so it works white my ssl setup?

@frenck

Just tried to add in the repository and get the following error:

17-08-15 03:31:15 INFO (SyncWorker_8) [hassio.dock.homeassistant] Start homeassistant homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant with version 0.51.2
17-08-15 03:31:15 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.addons] Startup application run 0 addons
17-08-15 03:34:11 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.addons.git] Clone addon https://github.com/hassio-addons/repository repository
17-08-15 03:34:11 ERROR (MainThread) [asyncio] Task exception was never retrieved
future: <Task finished coro=<AddonManager.load_repositories.<locals>._add_repository() done, defined at /usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/addons/__init__.py:71> exception=TypeError("run_in_executor() got an unexpected keyword argument 'recursive'",)>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/addons/__init__.py", line 74, in _add_repository
    if not await repository.load():
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/addons/repository.py", line 57, in load
    return await self.git.load()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/addons/git.py", line 30, in load
    return await self.clone()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/addons/git.py", line 52, in clone
    recursive=True)
TypeError: run_in_executor() got an unexpected keyword argument 'recursive'
17-08-15 03:34:11 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.addons] Load addons: 14 all - 0 new - 0 remove

Please let me know if I am missing something obvious.

Many Thanks

@hp-sn, this is an issue with Hass.io, they just release a new version to fix this issue.
Go to the Hass.io panel, hit the tree small dots menu in the top right, click “Advanced Settings” and reload the Supervisor. An update option should now appear.

After upgrading (to at least 0.54) you should be able to add the repository.

@Skaven, when running Hass.io the generated host setting should be sufficient since the add-on will bypass SSL this way.

My add-on is deprecated and doesn’t work anymore.

Please uninstall it and use @frenck’s add-on instead.

Your configuration should be transferred transparently.

1 Like

Using @frenck’s add-on should fix your problem, it uses node v7.10.1.