Repository: Homebridge add-on

Hello everyone!

Does anyone has news about this problem?

I really miss using Siri to turn on and off my devices…

Thanks!

Can we use emulated hue instead?

Same here, bonjour browser doesnt show homebridge.
Binding to ipv6 seems to be the problem.

https://github.com/nfarina/homebridge/issues/1241 Might have the solution

1 Like

I am having this same issues as well. Homebridge under HassIO detects all my devices fine. It just can’t be discovered by IOS

I was about to give up hassio to get homebridge running after reading this… But I didn`t want to go thru it all again since I renamed all my z-wave stuff in this process. Then the easy way out came to me :wink: I found one of my raspberry pi backups and installed homebridge to run alone on this one. Works like a charm. Keep having fun guys!

Cheers!

3 Likes

How did you setup so all devices you have setup on hassio to show up on your Homebridge? If you run your homebridge on a other raspberry pi server?, did you edit something on your hassio?

Litlle heads up… I’ve found multiple issues and fixed it in a local addon build.

I’m wrapping up the code and will be sending out the fixes and changes to the public asap.
It’s actually working :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Hi. I use script made by quickpi on YouTube and add the homeassistant addon. In the json config I insert the hassio ip :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great news, thanks!

1 Like

How soon should we expect this update to be pushed through? I’m extremely excited to finally give it a shot at my new home!

You can expect it today. Currently testing it in my setup (so far so good).
I’ve almost finished the code cleanup (including log output and documentation) the only thing left to do is add some tests (and of course make sure the whole package still works).

I’ve added a lot of stuff, like:

• Generating unique HomeKit pin on the first run
  • Setting Homebridge username based on MAC address of the primary interface on the first run
  • Debug mode (which can be turned on via configuration)
  • Upgrade of NodeJS to the latest
  • Replaced NPM with Yarn
  • Custom Avahi daemon configuration, fixing some possible issues
  • Hotfix / Real time patching to work around a broken library
  • Many structural improvements to the run script (like traps).
8 Likes

Great job guys!

Thank you so much for your time. Now with version 51 working with Siri will finally be back on track.

@frenck if I could ask you something: it will be possible to use Siri over the Internet (outside my house) with those fixes and new features?

Thanks again!

You should already be able to do this. One requirement though is you have to have either an iPad or recent AppleTV at home to act as a home hub. Homebridge cannot provide that functionality.

1 Like

So that’s why I could never do that hahaha

I don’t have an apple TV :frowning:

Thanks for your advice, I will grab an used one just to do that.

Thanks again mate!

No problem. Just make sure its either the Apple TV 3rd gen or the latest one; the original and second generation does not have that.

1 Like

Sounds great!

Will you make sure to contact Olivier when he shows up again, so we don’t get a wide spread of repos all doing the same with slight differences?

Thanks!

Thank you for your suggestion, I’m afraid this is not a minor change and did not even use Olivier’s plugin as a basis.

I have about six add-ons in development right now, three of those are almost ready for publishing (including Homebridge).

Olivier is, of course, free to apply any fixes to his repository.

Home Assistant has chosen the path of supporting external add-on repositories. Scattered, wide spread repositories, all doing the same with slight differences, is an inevitable outcome of this decision in my humble opinion.

5 Likes

Thank you! Could you please inform how can I download and install those fixes? I’m using Hass.IO with Oliver’s add-on repository. Thanks!

I guess you’re right. Hope we’ll be able to download your version soon.