Repository: NotoriousBDG Add-Ons (Node-RED, HA Bridge, and Gogs)

I am trying

/caddy/acme/acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org/sites/mydomain/mydomain.crt

which is in the /ssl directory

Can you update the addon and try again? The slashes in the file path were causing the issue.

:ok_hand: Working now. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey, I have installed Node-RED and it seems to be working, but when I attempt to install the node-red-contrib-home-assistant package from manage palettes I am getting some errors while installing:

npm ERR! network request to https://registry.npmjs.org/hoek/-/hoek-5.0.3.tgz failed, reason: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND registry.npmjs.org registry.npmjs.org:443
npm ERR! network This is a problem related to network connectivity.
npm ERR! network In most cases you are behind a proxy or have bad network settings.

I’m not sure why it isn’t able to download it, I was able to download it from other machines on my network. Could it be related to running dnsmasq on that same Pi? This is just the latest hassio on a Pi B.

Yes, that’s likely the cause. The Pi-Hole addon creates the same problem. Try pointing your hassio box at an external DNS server.

Hey,
I have Hass.io image downloaded for RPi3B, updated to 0.65.6. I’ve installed Node-Red (0.1.11), contrib-home-assistant installed form add-on store (repository from the instruction). No ssl, no password, just plain installation, default configuration and I have the errors: “Cannot GET entities”, “Cannot GET services”.

I’ve tried basic URL (http://) mylocalip:8123/ and mylocalip:8123 the same story.

I’m able to connect to HA api services without any issues from my local net. I’m able to connect other hub’s from Node-Red.

Any ideas?

Try using the api proxy address of http://hassio/homeassistant instead. Also, disregard the error you get initially and just deploy your flow anyway. After you deploy it the first time, then check to see if you still have errors.

No errors with address you’ve provided but … I think it’s not about http://hassio/homeassistant because now it works with local IP as well.

1. I’ve deployed flow only with “svc” - lot’s of communication errors both addresses.
  • I’ve used “events: state” and put one of my entity and then deployed. It starts to work.
  1. I’ve deployed the flow with local ip address (on my second RPi with clean Node-Red installation), but this time with “events: state” from the beginning. Works perfectly from the start.

Thanks for help.

Sorry for the delay in answering your question but, this is what the logs show
[INFO] Disabling SSL
[INFO] Updating IDE Users
[INFO] Adding IDE User admin
[INFO] Updating HTTP Node User
[INFO] Adding HTTP Node User admin
[INFO] Disabling Projects
/run.sh: line 122: 48 Segmentation fault npm start – --userDir /share/node-red

I have uninstalled\reinstalled both node-red and HASSIO on multiple cards with the same results. I even tried both SSL secured and unsecured.

Is that the entire log? I would expect to see more details why Node-RED is segfaulting.

Greetings NotoriousBDG - Thanks in advance for all your support.

I’m new to Hass.io and Node-RED and hitting my share of the speed-bumps.
Downloaded a Hass.io image ( 0.66.1 ) for RPi-3B hardware and thus far added Samba, SSH and Node-RED and node-red-contrib-home-assistant add-ons. Everything auto-starts just fine on reboot.

Specific issue with Node-RED is a run-time error related to a file/directory access issue.

I was working my way through a Node-RED tutorial (you-tube) - Hello World worked just fine. Next demo flow was to send a “0” or “1” to an rpi gpio output node to set a LED. FAILS.

“nrpgio python command not running”

Node-RED log shows the following:

Log

6 Apr 09:01:02 - [info] Stopping flows
6 Apr 09:01:02 - [info] Stopped flows
6 Apr 09:01:02 - [info] Starting flows
6 Apr 09:01:02 - [info] Started flows
6 Apr 09:01:02 - [info] [rpi-gpio out:LED] err: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/node-red/node_modules/node-red/nodes/core/hardware/nrgpio.py”, line 83, in
:
6 Apr 09:01:02 - [info] [rpi-gpio out:LED] err: GPIO.setup(pin,GPIO.OUT)
RuntimeError: No access to /dev/mem. Try running as root!
:
6 Apr 09:01:02 - [info] [rpi-gpio out:LED] closed
6 Apr 09:01:51 - [info] [rpi-gpio out:LED] out: 1
6 Apr 09:01:51 - [error] [rpi-gpio out:LED] nrpgio python command not running

Looking for suggestions as to what to explore next.

Thanks

That’s because the addon doesn’t have GPIO permissions. Unfortunately, adding that permission isn’t that simple to do. The issue is that if I add GPIO permissions, the addon won’t won’t run on amd64 platforms. I’ve opened GPIO permission causes addon to fail on amd64 platforms · Issue #432 · home-assistant/supervisor · GitHub to see if there is anything that can be done in hassio to fix this.

Until there is a workaround, you could let Home Assistant handle GPIO then let Node-RED interact with those devices via Home Assistant. Check out Raspberry Pi GPIO Switch and Raspberry Pi GPIO Binary Sensor.

My node red keeps crashing and closing and has been doing this daily for the last week. I read the logs, but I’m not sure what its telling me the issue is.

10 Apr 18:31:43 - [info] Node-RED version: v0.18.4
10 Apr 18:31:43 - [info] Node.js  version: v9.10.1
10 Apr 18:31:43 - [info] Linux 4.8.17-yocto-standard x64 LE
10 Apr 18:31:43 - [info] Loading palette nodes
10 Apr 18:31:44 - [info] Dashboard version 2.8.0 started at /ui
10 Apr 18:31:45 - [warn] ------------------------------------------------------
10 Apr 18:31:45 - [warn] [node-red/rpi-gpio] Info : Ignoring Raspberry Pi specific node
10 Apr 18:31:45 - [warn] ------------------------------------------------------
10 Apr 18:31:45 - [info] Settings file  : /share/node-red/settings.js
10 Apr 18:31:45 - [info] User directory : /share/node-red
10 Apr 18:31:45 - [warn] Projects disabled : set editorTheme.projects.enabled=true to enable
10 Apr 18:31:45 - [info] Flows file     : /share/node-red/flows.json
10 Apr 18:31:45 - [info] Server now running at http://127.0.0.1:1880/
10 Apr 18:31:45 - [info] Starting flows
10 Apr 18:31:45 - [info] Started flows
10 Apr 18:31:45 - [info] [inject:834328f4.d04a08] crontab = 0 20-23 * * *
10 Apr 18:31:48 - [red] Uncaught Exception:
10 Apr 18:31:48 - TypeError: Cannot read property 'state' of null
    at Object.onIncomingMessage (/share/node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-home-assistant/node-server-state-changed/node-server-state-changed.js:46:148)
    at HaEvents.onStateChanged (/share/node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-home-assistant/node-server-state-changed/node-server-state-changed.js:54:43)
    at HaEvents.emit (events.js:185:15)
    at HaEvents.onClientMessage (/share/node-red/node_modules/node-home-assistant/lib/ha-events.js:57:18)
    at EventSource.HaEvents.client.on (/share/node-red/node_modules/node-home-assistant/lib/ha-events.js:22:49)
    at EventSource.emit (events.js:180:13)
    at _emit (/share/node-red/node_modules/eventsource/lib/eventsource.js:186:17)
    at parseEventStreamLine (/share/node-red/node_modules/eventsource/lib/eventsource.js:201:9)
    at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (/share/node-red/node_modules/eventsource/lib/eventsource.js:164:11)
    at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:180:13)

That’s a known issue with node-red-contrib-home-assistant.

https://github.com/AYapejian/node-red-contrib-home-assistant/issues/44

Thanks for the info…is there anything I can do to track down what is triggering that NULL error?

A pretty dumb question, i know : But when the Node RED container starts, it binds to 127.0.0.1:1880 and because of that i cannot open the UI. How to fix that?

It’s normal for Node-RED to show that even though it’s actually listening on all interfaces. Do your logs show any errors? What does your browser show when you attempt to connect? Have you ruled out SSL or DNS issues?

Hello, i’m hoping someone can help me. I have successfully installed Node-Red on Hass.IO and i’m very excited to start using it. i was able to activate iPanel and log in. When i try to create a flow by dragging out a “State” or any of the other objects under HomeAssistant’s like event or services, i’m able to configure my HA properly. My issue is when i run it I get the following “error.Error: invalid urlj” and following below it states “TypeError: Cannot read property ‘host’ of null”

Has anyone seen this before? I appreciate your time.
Thank you.

i have the same problem i hope someone can help

@delunar and @kem, I believe that error is related to an older version of node-red-contrib-home-assistant. Try updating to the latest version in palette manager.