Repository: NotoriousBDG Add-Ons (Node-RED, HA Bridge, and Gogs)

Thanks. Will check them out.

My Node-RED add-on on tends to stop every now and then. I’m running the latest version. Does anyone else have this issue? I can’t rely on my Node-red automations.

I’m considering adding an automation to restart Node-RED regularly to get around this.

Mine has been pretty stable. Can you check logs at http://hassio.local:8123/hassio/addon/27e642c6_nodered?

I cant get the payload to set values like msg.payload.service = switch
i can set msg.service = switch
anyone know what im doing wrong?

function:

msg.payload.domain = "switch";
msg.payload.service = "toggle";
msg.payload.data = { "entity_id":"switch.stue_spisebord" };
return msg;

get this: test : msg.payload.domain : undefined

Mine has been pretty stable. Can you check logs at http://hassio.local:8123/hassio/addon/27e642c6_nodered5?

The error that was causing mine to crash all the time is

TypeError: Cannot read property 'state' of null node-red homeassistant

This error was a known bug in an older version. You may want to hit the rebuild button in the HassIO addons page. It will take awhile, but should update everything to a stable version that doesn’t crash. Mine has been rock solid for a good month or so but that is the error I used to get all the time.

Getting this when trying to install the node-red addon

18-03-07 17:43:26 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.addons.addon] Create Home-Assistant addon data folder /data/addons/data/27e642c6_nodered
18-03-07 17:43:26 INFO (SyncWorker_10) [hassio.docker.addon] Start build 27e642c6/armhf-addon-nodered:0.1.10
18-03-07 17:43:29 ERROR (SyncWorker_10) [hassio.docker.addon] Can't build 27e642c6/armhf-addon-nodered:0.1.10: failed to register layer: open /var/lib/docker/aufs/layers/93391cc4d5ff221db4772c35d9c34acf57ab188883e0810e1605dc9822c3eca6: no such file or directory

Anything I should be looking for?

Edit: In Hassio with Host OS 1.2 it installed fine. Seems to be when installing on Host 1.3

I’m using the Node-RED add-on and want to use the rpi-keyboard node but it’s not detecting my keyboard.

The keyboard it correctly getting detected by the host system and showing up when I run

➜  ~ hassio host hardware
{
"result": "ok",
"data": {
    "serial": [
        "/dev/ttyAMA0"
    ],
    "input": [
        "Logitech M325"
    ],
    "disk": [],
    "gpio": [
        "gpiochip0",
        "gpiochip100"
    ],
    "audio": {
        "0": {
            "name": "bcm2835 - bcm2835 ALSA",
            "type": "ALSA",
            "devices": {
                "0": "digital audio playback",
                "1": "digital audio playback"
            }
        }
    }
}
}

I think something needs to be added to the config.json so it gets passed through the the docker container but nothing there mentions how to do that with input devices.

Thanks

I just tested this on a PI with host OS 1.3 and it built fine. Perhaps there is an issue with your sdcard or maybe it’s full?

You’ll need to add something like this to config.json:

"devices": [
    "/dev/blah:/dev/blah:rwm"
  ],

There is no way to expose that in the UI. It’s not something that I can do in the addon because the addon will fail to start if that device doesn’t exist. You’ll have to create your own local copy of the addon with the modifications.

I have a very similar (or the same) problem.

10 Mar 21:44:04 - [red] Uncaught Exception:
10 Mar 21:44:04 - TypeError: Cannot read property 'state' of null
    at ServerStateChangedNode.onHaEventsStateChanged (/share/node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-home-assistant/nodes/server-events-state-changed/server-events-state-changed.js:38:42)
    at HaEvents.emit (events.js:132:15)
    at HaEvents.onClientMessage (/share/node-red/node_modules/node-home-assistant/lib/ha-events.js:59:22)
    at EventSource.client.on (/share/node-red/node_modules/node-home-assistant/lib/ha-events.js:27:49)
    at EventSource.emit (events.js:127:13)
    at _emit (/share/node-red/node_modules/eventsource/lib/eventsource.js:222:17)
    at parseEventStreamLine (/share/node-red/node_modules/eventsource/lib/eventsource.js:237:9)
    at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (/share/node-red/node_modules/eventsource/lib/eventsource.js:200:11)
    at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:127:13)
    at addChunk (_stream_readable.js:269:12)

The problem has been reported to node-red-contrib-home-assistant here: https://github.com/AYapejian/node-red-contrib-home-assistant/issues/44.

event.new_state seems to be null.

I’m not sure where to fix this problem. (In home assisant, the hass.io add-on or the node red module).

Hi Am trying to install node-red on Homeassistant and have been unsuccessful.
Installing on a Raspberry P3
HA Version 0.65.5
I have added the repository,
Clicked on install Link
It spins as if it is installing
The Installer link turns “Red” and then nothing changes.
Any assistance or direction will be greatly appreciated.

I got it to install by clearing the cache.
I have change SSL to true
clicked on the “open web ui” link…This site can’t be reached
I tried the IP address with port 1880… no change.
Once again any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

What do the logs show?

I’m having the same issue as @dmstr82u. Here are my logs.

18-03-17 14:26:27 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.addons.git] Clone addon https://github.com/notoriousbdg/hassio-addons repository
18-03-17 14:26:27 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.addons] Load addons: 34 all - 3 new - 0 remove
18-03-17 14:26:32 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.addons.addon] Create Home-Assistant addon data folder /data/addons/data/27e642c6_nodered
18-03-17 14:26:32 INFO (SyncWorker_5) [hassio.docker.addon] Start build 27e642c6/amd64-addon-nodered:0.1.10
18-03-17 14:26:32 ERROR (SyncWorker_5) [hassio.docker.addon] Can't build 27e642c6/amd64-addon-nodered:0.1.10: Please provide a source image with `from` prior to commit

You need to upgrade docker on your host.

Yeah that was it! Did a quick look at my version and it was far from the latest.

Thanks for your help!

Anyone else have devices just stop being seen by Alexa using HA bridge? I then have to restart the service for it to work again…

I’ve migrated away from HA Bridge when Google Home broke, so I don’t have hands-on experience with the more recent versions of HA Bridge.

I eventually got things sorted with node-red and Host 1.3. Node-red has been working fine, but today I tried to enable ssl and I get

[INFO] Enabling SSL
sed: -e expression #1, char 72: unknown option to `s'
sed: -e expression #1, char 73: unknown option to `s'

Any clues there? I am trying to point it to certs that are not the default pem files…but I used the same path with the mosquitto addon and it works.

What path did you use?