Repository: NotoriousBDG Add-Ons (Node-RED, HA Bridge, and Gogs)

I have hassio 0.55.2 running on ubuntu 17.04 x86_64. I cannot install hassio addons from certain sources such as notoriousbdg. I can install from Bestlibre repos. Any help is appreciated. TIA

This is the log from supervisor logs

INFO (SyncWorker_1) [hassio.dock.addon] Start build 27e642c6/amd64-addon-ha-bridge:4.5.6p3
ERROR (MainThread) [aiohttp.server] Error handling request
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/aiohttp/web_protocol.py”, line 422, in start
resp = yield from self._request_handler(request)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/aiohttp/web.py”, line 306, in _handle
resp = yield from handler(request)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/api/util.py”, line 31, in wrap_api
answer = await method(api, *args, kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/addons/addon.py”, line 463, in install
if not await self.docker.install(self.last_version):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/dock/util.py”, line 18, in wrap_api
return await method(api, *args, kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 55, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, self.kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/dock/addon.py”, line 198, in _install
return self._build(tag)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/dock/addon.py”, line 211, in _build
image = self.docker.images.build(build_env.get_docker_args(tag))
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/docker/models/images.py”, line 175, in build
raise BuildError(chunk[‘error’])
docker.errors.BuildError: Please provide a source image with from prior to commit

@cogneato on discord chat helped me fix this. I uninstalled docker.io and installed docker.ce on ubuntu as he/she instructed. Now working on my hassio !!

That’s likely because you’re running an older version of Docker. Make sure your host is running Docker 17.05 or newer.

1 Like

@NotoriousBDG Thanks for all your help building and maintaining this repo and guiding noobs like me.

2 Likes

How do I set a password for node-red? Right now anyone on my network can use it.

It seems the config file is copied when building the container and can’t be changed later?

Authentication isn’t supported in the Node-RED addon yet. It’s on my todo list.

Thank you so much for the Node-Red addon, quite awesome software to run alongside Hass!

Is it possible to install a dependency for a node? ie.

Technically, it’s possible with the right changes, but not sure that it make sense to do though. A much simpler option is to use Home Assistant’s DHT Sensor to read the temperature and pass that over to Node-RED to use in your flows.

nice work, but my hass.io installed ha-bridge, chinese no support?
egg:

the db “[{“id”:“1”,“uniqueid”:“00:17:88:5E:D3:01-01”,“name”:”???",“mapId”:""

then:

What’s the technical answer, if you don’t mind sharing? I used that DHT one as an example but I saw several interesting ones that required dependencies.

I’d prefer to use this addon vs hosting on another server.

I don’t know if HA Bridge supports Chinese natively. Does it work if you install HA Bridge separately? If so, what steps do you need to do to get it to support Chinese? If it doesn’t support Chinese outside of hassio, then I’d suggest opening an issue with HA Bridge. The issue No german "umlaute" in device name · Issue #238 · bwssytems/ha-bridge · GitHub might be related to what you’re seeing.

I haven’t tested any of this myself, but here are the high level steps of what I’d attempt:

this hassio base cenots7 ,locale include zh_cn,

root@27e642c6-ha-bridge:/data# locale
LANG=
LANGUAGE=
LC_CTYPE=“POSIX”
LC_NUMERIC=“POSIX”
LC_TIME=“POSIX”
LC_COLLATE=“POSIX”
LC_MONETARY=“POSIX”
LC_MESSAGES=“POSIX”
LC_PAPER=“POSIX”
LC_NAME=“POSIX”
LC_ADDRESS=“POSIX”
LC_TELEPHONE=“POSIX”
LC_MEASUREMENT=“POSIX”
LC_IDENTIFICATION=“POSIX”
LC_ALL=
root@27e642c6-ha-bridge:/data# locale -a
C
C.UTF-8
POSIX

this locale seem ok, no problem, but web also no support chinese

today, i use docker install shuaiger/habridge ,but is ok!!! This locale is

[root@centos core]# docker ps
CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
fb5aa2a55fa9 shuaiger/habridge “/sbin/my_init” 4 seconds ago Up 3 seconds HaBridge
[root@centos core]# docker exec -t -i HaBridge /bin/bash
root@centos:/# locale
LANG=
LANGUAGE=
LC_CTYPE=“POSIX”
LC_NUMERIC=“POSIX”
LC_TIME=“POSIX”
LC_COLLATE=“POSIX”
LC_MONETARY=“POSIX”
LC_MESSAGES=“POSIX”
LC_PAPER=“POSIX”
LC_NAME=“POSIX”
LC_ADDRESS=“POSIX”
LC_TELEPHONE=“POSIX”
LC_MEASUREMENT=“POSIX”
LC_IDENTIFICATION=“POSIX”
LC_ALL=
root@centos:/# locale -a
C
C.UTF-8
POSIX
en_AG
en_AG.utf8
en_AU.utf8
en_BW.utf8
en_CA.utf8
en_DK.utf8
en_GB.utf8
en_HK.utf8
en_IE.utf8
en_IN
en_IN.utf8
en_NG
en_NG.utf8
en_NZ.utf8
en_PH.utf8
en_SG.utf8
en_US
en_US.iso88591
en_US.utf8
en_ZA.utf8
en_ZM
en_ZM.utf8
en_ZW.utf8

So I don’t know where the problem is

The shuaiger/habridge image seems to be using a hotfix for HA Bridge. You could try installing that hotfix manually to see if that helps. You should see a folder under your share samba share called habridge. Copy the jar there, then update the version in the hassio addon to match the filename after ha-bridge-. For example, \\hassio.local\share\habridge\ha-bridge-4.5.6-fix671.jar would be the hotfix jar and 4.5.6-fix671 is what you’d put for the version in the addon.

You may also want to try 5.0.0rc2 from https://github.com/bwssytems/ha-bridge/issues/735. That would be \\hassio.local\share\habridge\ha-bridge-5.0.0rc2.jar for the jar and 5.0.0rc2 for the version in the addon.

not this reason,i add " ENV LANG C.UTF-8 " to dockerfile and reinstall then ok!
thank you

Started getting the same issue, lastest hassio with node red addon. If I am making a lot of changes, node red seems to crash and a similar error is listed.
edit: I think it is related to the harmony node I added but I can’t seem to uninstall that node (says “in use”) I disabled it but it is still giving the error.
@NotoriousBDG, any thoughts on how I can remove the harmony node completely or if that error is even the problem?

17 Nov 12:02:56 - Error: MAX_CLIENTS=6
    at Connection.onStanza (/data/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/Connection.js:355:17)
    at StreamParser.<anonymous> (/data/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/Connection.js:226:10)
    at emitOne (events.js:96:13)
    at StreamParser.emit (events.js:188:7)
    at SaxLtx.<anonymous> (/data/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/StreamParser.js:58:14)
    at emitOne (events.js:96:13)
    at SaxLtx.emit (events.js:188:7)
    at SaxLtx._handleTagOpening (/data/node_modules/ltx/lib/parsers/ltx.js:31:18)
    at SaxLtx.write (/data/node_modules/ltx/lib/parsers/ltx.js:105:26)
    at StreamParser.write (/data/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/StreamParser.js:123:17)
npm info lifecycle [email protected]~start: Failed to exec start script
npm ERR! Linux 4.4.50
npm ERR! argv "/usr/local/bin/node" "/usr/local/bin/npm" "start" "--" "--userDir" "/data"
npm ERR! node v6.11.0
npm ERR! npm  v3.10.10
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! [email protected] start: `node $NODE_OPTIONS node_modules/node-red/red.js -v $FLOWS "--userDir" "/data"`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! Failed at the [email protected] start script 'node $NODE_OPTIONS node_modules/node-red/red.js -v $FLOWS "--userDir" "/data"'.
npm ERR! Make sure you have the latest version of node.js and npm installed.
npm ERR! If you do, this is most likely a problem with the node-red-docker package,
npm ERR! not with npm itself.
npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
npm ERR!     node $NODE_OPTIONS node_modules/node-red/red.js -v $FLOWS "--userDir" "/data"
npm ERR! You can get information on how to open an issue for this project with:
npm ERR!     npm bugs node-red-docker
npm ERR! Or if that isn't available, you can get their info via:
npm ERR!     npm owner ls node-red-docker
npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.
npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR!     /usr/src/node-red/npm-debug.log

I haven’t encountered that myself. If you need to get into the container to do more debugging, you could try ssh’ing to the hassio host (https://home-assistant.io/developers/hassio/debugging/) then bash into the container (docker exec -it addon_27e642c6_nodered /bin/bash).

hmm, doesn’t work from hassio, docker: not found

Sounds SSH’ed into the SSH addon instead of the host. See https://home-assistant.io/developers/hassio/debugging/ for instructions.

Yeah, I had done all that. It’s alright, I ended up restoring a snapshot from before I did the harmony node and then pasted my flows back in to node-red. All seems good so far. Thanks for the responses though!

1 Like