[Request] Common or aligned time axis on all history graphs

The history page displays the various entity values in a way that does not help for analyzing the data.
All the non numerical values are shown on top, on a common time axis graph with the entity name on the right. All the numerical values are shown below grouped by their measured units and the entity names are located on the left.

But in order to analyze and find possible correlations between the entity values you need to see all the values in a common time axis (or at least aligned ones).
So in example you can see the difference in temperature readings when a heating device is turned on.

I think that it would be useful for all the entity names to be on the left side and the time axis of all the graphs aligned.

I’ve been searching for the same thing for quite some time now. Did you have any progress in this? Did you find anything that can be used for this purpose? I also want to see the correlation between timelines of different units, eg. what you mentioned about a status of a switch and temperature values.

1 Like

Unfortunately I have no news about my request.
No one seems to recognize this need to implement it…

1 Like

I’ve started using the below card as a permanent replacement for the History Panel and History Graph Card. These features make it a huge improvement:

• Easily recreate the existing History Panel with timelines and graphs. Colors can be transferred over so it looks identical and it can be added to the sidebar to mimic existing panel
  • Duration selector at the top to quickly pick timeframes to view
  • Graphs can be panned by dragging the mouse to show more data (all graphs move together)
  • All dates/times line up vertically, which was is a major nuisance with the existing History Panel
  • Entities can be setup manually in YAML so a default, defined view is always immediately ready (similar to the old History Panel)
  • Entities can be added on the fly using the entity picker drop down (this can be pre-filtered to only those entities that are actually recorded in your database with recordedEntitiesOnly: true)

4 Likes

Link to pull request:

2 Likes