I have been pulling out (what’s left of) my hair over the last few weeks trying to restore from a backup. Everything was working fine until one morning at the end of March when Home Assistant no longer responded. Luckily I’ve been using the Google Drive backup to take a full snapshot every three days.
Every time I attempt to restore from the snapshot, as soon as I click the “Restore” button, the screen shows “Restoring from Backup” for about one second and then just refreshes the onboarding page as if nothing happened.
Here’s what I have attempted (restoring from HA version 2021.3.3):
- Flashed same SD card w/ Hassio 5.13 and attempted to restore on the same RPI 3
- Flashed brand new SD card w/ Hassio 5.13 and attempted to restore on the same RPI 3
- Flashed same SD card w/ Hassio 5.13 and attempted to restore on the different RPI 3
- Flashed brand new SD card w/ Hassio 5.13 and attempted to restore on the different RPI 3
- I’ve attempted all of these scenarios with four or five different backup .tar files each
- Attempted clicking “Restore Everything” and “Restore Selected” (with everything checked)
- And I’ve repeated all of these attempts with Hassio 5.12 just in case
After reading several similar posts on the forums, I’ve also tried waiting overnight to give the backup plenty of time to do its thing just in case the UI just wasn’t showing the work in progress. Still no luck.
I haven’t been able to access the log files because it’s a fresh HASSIO install and SSH and/or Samba Share have not been installed/restored.
Anyone have any ideas? I desperately want to restore and not start over.