Revert to "mode: yaml" after storage mode

Edit: never mind, it appears to be working now.

I been trying the new Config UI way of editing the UI, but I found that I cannot edit an existing card, I end up having to delete and recreate it. Which means I have to keep a reference file with my config for each card to copy-paste from.

It occurred to me today that I should just go back to YAML mode. I have added mode: yaml under the lovelace config option and yet it will not load the UI from my ui-lovelace.yaml file.

lovelace:
  mode: yaml

Since simply adding the “mode” option did not seem to work I tried deleting all of the cards and views I created in the Config UI web interface. Now restarting home assistant immediately kicks me to an Edit UI interface. What do I need to do to get mode: yaml to be respected?

edit: Problem solved! The problem was related to the browser cache. By using the CTRL+F5 the page is reloaded correctly by using the yaml file.

The steps I have done are:

• Add the mode yaml in the configuration file
  • Remove the lovelace file from the .storage folder
  • Reboot
  • Press CTRL+F5 to reload the page without using the cache

I have the same problem but, for me, the ui-lovelace.yaml does not works anymore.

I have started to use the lovelace with the version 0.87 and change something with the integrated editor.
Now I want to take more control by using directly the YAML mode.
I have added, at the end of the configuration.yaml (but I have tried also at the start of the file, immediately after the “homeassistant:”)

lovelace:
  mode: yaml

then I have restarted many times the Home Assistant but the UI still the previous one.
I have tried also to remove (rename) the file lovelace inside the .storage folder and reboot again, but the result does not change.

Where is my error?

Do you have lovelace: FULLY left justified?

lovelace:
  mode:yaml

There should be NO leading spaces.

Try that and restart

Yes, the ‘code’ was well justified.
As I wrote in my post (edit mode) the problem was the browser cache.
Thanks for the support!