Revogi Smart Power Strip

I guess 120 122 and 124 are for OEMs. Allowing to overwrite identifiers for their own use.

For the rest, there are other commands that I know have a function but do not work without parameters. And I don’t know the parameters o_0 :slight_smile:

If I had time and need, I would put the plug behind a sniffer, or a sniffer behind my router to capture 100% of the traffic between the plug and the cloud.

@thejacko12354, Have you tried commands 101 and 500 against the Revogi cloud site ? Did it work ?

No I didn’t, but i can’t test it because I didn’t create an account nor did anything with them.

Great. It means Cloud is not mandatory for setup. That’s a good news :slight_smile:

I’m going forward on the script. I struggled for some days, because it was working very randomly, and even my wifi AP was hanging, until I realize it was due to one of the power strip being defect o_0

I have now added the support for single outlet plugs.

I will share my script when I have sorted out some other details.

well it sort of is. But if you did the steps of hacking the device, then you don’t need it.

If the strip is “unhacked” it has to bee connected to the internet and if it looses internet connection even if your lan or wifi is still working the strip reboots until it has a connection again.

I’ve created a git with the file I’m working on. Any help welcome.

1 Like

I documented how to talk directly to the microcontroller operating the relays in the SOW323, maybe it helps:

1 Like

That’s awesome! :heart_eyes:

I’m trying with socket/plug, I get no error in HA log, but if i try /?cmd=511 in chrome I get connection refused. I was on firmware 5.01, got updated to 5.06. Maybe I need some older firmware (maybe possible to downgrade with old app versions?) I know I had issue with strip where I needed to go trought several old app versions to get working firmware. But now I guess I need to downgrade. Or is there some trick to calling command 511?

I want to buy 3 strips to use on ethernet with hack above, but if newer firmwares are unusable as with the plug I don’t know how probable is success :slight_smile:

Is there an update for this?it works on hassio?thank you

I have the Revogi SmartStrip UK Plug version SOW020, although not available in any online stores, I was able to get it by directly contacting their sales channel.

https://www.revogi.com/smart-power/smart-power-strip-uk/#section0

It is a very well built and capable piece of hardware, with its mobile app. Although reading above I understand if I login via revogi account, all communication and commands go via the cloud unencrypted. It has 4 ports/sockets and individual energy load monitoring on each socket.

Lots of informaiton is provided in this thread , i am bit confused how to start with integrating it with HA and what level of controls and information can be made available on HA.

Is it now natively supported by HA, or there a step wise guide to get it working with HA. I am running HassIO 0.84.6

Thanks.

So after a long absence I come back to the revogi strips.
It seems that revogi closed the local control function with newer firmware. The next (for me) breaking mandatory point is that they now also removed the ethernet plug on the newer strips.

So I’m now again on the search for smart strips with an ethernet connection.

@evlo yes you need the older firmware

@SFHasan no it’s not natively supported by HA and as I said earlier the component doesn’t work with the new firmware.

Well then here goes the wish of having it integrated with HA. Guess I have to live with my SOW020 UK Plug, which otherwise is a very decent piece of hardware, with individual energy monitoring on each socket and a function to check internet connectivity every X min to reboot a device/socket in case of hung up connection.

Thanks.

I’ve seen this coming. Everytime I start my MaxSmart android application, it begs me for a firmware upgrades. I’ve always refused !

These guys are stupid … Can’t believe they close and remove APIs. The worlds will belong to open APIs.

1 Like

Hi Superkikim
Thank you for your great work! I have 2 “old” but updated MaxSmart 6 Strips and running! When I have started my hass.io initiative one week ago because of the heatings one of my first side topics became to get rid of the :face_vomiting:app. Dr. Google brought me to your blog and to this topic and i have successfully tested the webcomands.

Today with a bit of help I was able to get your git hub script running on my hass.io 0.103.4 with this steps, which I add here in case somebody else is trying to do the same:

1. I have moved and renamed the github script named maxsmart.py to
    [config folder ]\custom_components\maxsmart\switch.py

2. I had to crate an an nearly empty
    [config folder ]\custom_components\maxsmart\ _ init _.py
    with only docstring introducing (cf)

3. I have adapted and inserted the strip-configuration to configuration.yaml

Now my installation is able to switch the plugs and I got the information for the consumption eventhough the name is still not transferred correctly! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

So this one is solved, with 2 tasks for an other night :wink:
1: Outlet: EG 2: ‘Smart TV’ => becomes EG#2 for the friendly name.
2: Entities are not shown in the entity list?!

1 Like

So based on the follow up updated posts, any definitive way to maybe integrate Revogi SmartStrip UK Plug version SOW020.

Thanks.

Sorry but I don’t think there is any way to integrate it.
But if Revogi publishes an API for their web services, then you could create an integration for that.

1 Like

Are you able to make an HomeKit module? Working with homebridge?

Why bother with homebridge?
Home Assistant has a HomeKit integration builtin. Just configure which entities you want to publish to HomeKit and you’re done :slight_smile:

HomeKit exposing on home assistant is for free or pay solution?