Rhasspy demo with HassIO

Hi there,

I have created a small demo for people wanting to start with Rhasspy.
In this case, I am using Hassio and use the Rhasspy Addon, setting the language to english which is the default.

In the settings of Rhasspy, I have enabled MQTT and pointed the ip address to Hassio.
The siteID is set to matrixvoice, because I use my Matrix Voice Audio Streamer as a remote microphone. These settings are maybe not what other peolple need, but this demo is independent of it.

First, I have two person in my Home Assistant, see screenshot below:

I have configured the following slots in Rhasspy:

Paul and Susan are person in Hassio, but Xander and Florence are not.

The sentences in Rhasspy:

$person is corresponding with the slot and is sent as and event to Hassio as slotname person

Now, I needed to setup Hassio to respond to the questions like: “Where is paul”.
When a specific name is asked for, the automation has to lookup the person and report back the state.
Also, when a person is not found or at an unknown state, this will be reported as well.

When the question is asked where everybody is, the automation loops over the persons in Hassio and reports their state.

Below screenshot is the automation, a payload is created which is posted to the rest_command.rhasspy_speak:

The rest_command.rhasspy_speak looks like the screenshot below and is in configuration.yaml:

The command posts the payload to the text-to-speech api of rhasspy.

In the video:
Paul = me, I am at home
Susan = my better half, no device tracker is attached, so the state is “unknown”
Xander: not existant person in Home Assistant

Another video link (dutch) with Rhasspy controlling the brightness and using default TTS of Home Assistant (but multiroom with mopidy and snapserver/snapclient
This showing that Rhasspy also supports Dutch

My MQTT streamer repo:

4 Likes

Hey,

Is it also possible to use the with a Matrix Voice Standard?

Yes, but then the Matrix Voice should be attached to a Pi and you would use the Matrix Voice as a standard microphone.

Follow this guide https://matrix-io.github.io/matrix-documentation/matrix-voice/resources/microphone/ and you can setup the Audio Recording of Rhasspy to use PyAudio or Also. I haven’t tried, but I think both should work.

Hi @Romkabouter

now I’m a few steps further. I’m able to send commands to Home Assistant using Node red.

Additionally I want to have LED Feedback for the Wakeword, similar to your LED control (i only need a blue ring for the wakeword detection).
How could achieve this?

Also I’m struggeling to change my wakeword. I’m using docker. Where do I place custom wakeword-files for snowboy or porcupine?

I’m looking forward to hearing from you

Happy holidays :evergreen_tree:

Mondmonarch

You can check here for examples for the everloop (led ring)
https://matrix-io.github.io/matrix-documentation/matrix-hal/examples/everloop/

These are in c++, I do not know your specific setup but maybe you could also Matrix Lite
https://matrix-io.github.io/matrix-documentation/matrix-lite/overview/

For Rhasspy specific questions, I suggest you ask them here:

sorry for the noob question but I am struggling to get ahead with rhasspy but do you really NEED node red to communicate between rhasspy and hass.io?

No, you can use events or intents to communicate with Home Assistant directly.

1 Like

I was wondering if you guys can help me figure out how i can get tts(NanoTTS) in Rhasspy use the browser_mod

Here is the post url for details of where i am stuck at

I have HA OS 2022.5.5 installed on a rpi4 with Matrix voice. I have HACS installed also. I cannot find a repository for rhasspy or a way to add it to HA. Can you help? Thanks.

Never mind; I did find this.