šŸ”¹ Browser_mod - turn your browser into a controllable device, and a media_player

Ups, what did I write? Wallpaper :slight_smile: :rofl:
Youā€™re right, I mean wallpanel.

For research reasons I tested on my tablet yesterday and the companion app worked.
On my mobile phone only wallpanel does. Confusing :thinking:

Did you try to clean cache, different browser, reload lovelaceUI on your mobile phone?

yes. more then once

Hi,
I realized that on mobile every popup is being opened in fullscreen.
I have created a nice popup with rounded corners (border radius) which looks exactly as expected.
However it does look bad on mobile.
Is there any solution on having border radius as 0px only on mobile?

Hi fellas, finally I found what I needed, but there are few things remaining to do:
I have implemented alarm_control_panel and it works as popup now, thanks for browser_mod!

here is the code how to call it:

title: Popup example
card:
  type: alarm-panel
  states:
    - arm_home
    - arm_away
  entity: alarm_control_panel.alarm
  name: Test popup
deviceID:
  - desktop_pc
large: true
hide_header: false
auto_close: false
time: 1

That is good thing, the bad thing is I want it to stay ON till correct code is entered and so user canā€™t do anything till then.

Did anyone implemented this?

I have the following setup.

I am using Rhasspy which is using NanoTTS for TTS. I created a new command using Hassio config and when i use this endpoint I can trigger TTS announcements. The audio currently plays through RPiā€™s audio jack. I want to use browser_mod to route the audio to a certain Chrome Browser.

rest_command:    
  rhasspy_speak:
    url: '{{ ipnum }}/api/text-to-speech'
    method: 'POST'
    headers:
      accept: 'text/plain'
      content-type: 'text/plain'
    payload: '{{ payload_data }}'

My browser_mod looks like

browser_mod:
    device:
        215f0914-e33255b3:
            name:dashboard

How can I route the voice announcements from the TTS to the Browser ?

I need help!! :triumph: :weary: :woozy_face:

Iā€™m going around in circles trying to get the screensaver/screen off functionality working on my FireHD/LineageOS tablet. Itā€™s running FKB Pro and I want the screen to blank (ideally turn off) when no one is nearby. I am using my alarm PIR/motion sensors as triggers.

Iā€™ve tried two solutions:
Screen off - I have configured FKB to turn off the screen after 300 seconds (which it does), I then have an automation that does a service call to turn on the browser/tablet light based on the PIR triggers. The problem with this is the tablet/FKB stops responding to the service call. I believe there is an Android bug that is causing this and the workaround is to ā€œforce_stay_awakeā€, but that didnā€™t seem to work for me (I also have FKB configured to prevent sleeping while screen is off) :frowning:

So I tried going down the screen saver route - I turned off the ā€œscreen offā€ settings and enabled the screensaver in FKB. I then changed the automation from turning on the light to sending ā€œno_blackoutā€. But this doesnā€™t work :frowning:

Does anyone use the screensaver/screen off functionality?

Thanks,
J.

same errors hereā€¦may be the device that is starting up and still not ready during the boot of the raspy?

Hi,
I try popup new windows when click the item.

In the Dev. Tool:
Service = browser_mode.command
Service Data =

command: popup
deviceID: ["this"]
card: {
      type: picture-glance,
      entities: [
        "input_boolean.room_dining_room",
        "input_boolean.room_living_room"
                ],
      camera_image: camera.lila_livemap,
      show_state: false
         }

Good, the popup windows is appeared.

But when I create the script to call in the code as:

script:
  popup_windows:
    sequence:
      - service: browser_mod.command
        data:
          deviceID:
            - this
          card:
            type: picture-glance
            entities:
              - input_boolean.room_dining_room
              - input_boolean.room_living_room
            camera_image: camera.lila_livemap
            show_state: false

Bad, execute script.popup_windows nothing to show.
How I can do ?

Read this:

FKB has [Remote admin](https://www.fully-kiosk.com/en/#remoteadmin) function

Just got the 1.3.0 update. I have a popup configured for a button card using the ā€œbutton-cardā€ repo (https://github.com/custom-cards/button-card). It worked before the update, and no longer does. The normal button card still works fine with popups. Is there something I can tweak on my end to make it work?

If itā€™s helpful, hereā€™s a snippet of my code.

type: 'custom:button-card'
style: |
  ha-card {
    height: 120px;
  }
color_type: card
label: |

tap_action:
  action: fire-dom-event
  browser_mod:
    command: call-service
    service: browser_mod.popup
    service_data:
      title: Alarm System

Hey Tony,

Even though Iā€™m pretty sure the code is wrong in your snippet, I canā€™t get it working either. According to the GitHub examples, it should be:

type: 'custom:button-card'
style: |
  ha-card {
    height: 120px;
  }
color_type: card
label: |

tap_action:
  action: fire-dom-event
  browser_mod:
    title: Alarm System

Unfortunately no luck on my side :smiley:

Ah, yeah youā€™re right. Thanks! I guess thatā€™s what I get for trying to get what I needed to out of the diff.

@M1ke @atonyshepherd
It actually seems like the old way with calling the browser_mod.popup-service still works, but if you include

deviceID:
  - this

it does not work anymore. This unfortunately means that the popup will appear on all devices.
I could not get the fire-dom-event for popup to work at all.

1.3.0 is a BREAKING release
Please read the release notes

1 Like

hey @thomasloven

i see indeed this new update in Hacs, but unable to update, when i click the update button, i see this error message:

2021-02-10 10:19:24 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.hacs] No content to download

edit : if i go to the intrgration list , then to browser_mod, the place where you can downgrade/upgrade versions, ā€¦ then its possible to update
seems the error only comes when updating from the community overview page

1 Like

Hi, before updating: does this also work with other cards that use action: call-service?

I see that the action has been changed to action: fire-dom-event. But for instance, I donā€™t see custom:button-card using that action.

Hi @RomRider, sorry for tagging out of the blue. But I think itā€™s good for all users to know this since your card and browser mod are two of the most used components of users.

Can you verify that the new action introduced by browser mod actually works with button card?

all my popup windows have stopped working after update, I have tried it with the new configuration of version 1.3.0, I was forced to go back to the previous version.
all my popups are called from custom button, could that be the cause?
someone else with this problem?
regards

None of the custom cards will work with that, wondering where that new format comes from. Any information that you can point to so that we can update the code of custom-cards? Has there been any formal announcement on the core side?