Rika FireNet support

And could you explain what is the difference between the auto mode and the heater mode?

FYI, I have added your repo into HACS custom repo and the updates you pushed this morning are properly noticed and done through HACS.

EDIT: answer to myself: auto activate the heating planning and heater desactivate it…

Looks like everything is working on myside! Great integration and brilliant job!

Thanks for the feedback! Indeed they both will control the heating planning activation.

I’m new to HACS, I’ll take a closer look later today.

1 Like

Thanks you for your contribution

1 Like

Hello,

Keep using your integration and still no issue spotted!

I was wondering if you know a way to translate the different states of the stove in a different language and keep this translation even after an update?
I did translate in the core.py the different states but when runnnig an update it doesn’t keep it (which is logic…).

Thanks and Regards!

Good one, created https://github.com/Fockaert/rika-firenet-custom-component/issues/5 for this. Could you share your local translation?

I have provided some translations.
As I haven’t faced 100% of the differents statuts this is incomplete but as soon as I see them I will provide an update

@Fockaert

Do you know if with the actual data collected there is a way to have an historic on the daily consumption of the pellets?

I think that all the requested data are there so it should be possible to do something?

Not sure that this is usefull or useless but…

I use utility meter feature, like documented on the readme on https://github.com/Fockaert/rika-firenet-custom-component/#configuration-is-done-in-the-ui

Hi,

Sorry fort being to quick to raise question… I should have looked better.

That’s correct, everything is available and working properly !

Thanks for the support

Hey,

I installed the repo with hacs, looking at custom components ,everything is in there. I have restarted, yet i do not find the ingtegration in the list when i search for it.

Do i need to enter something more in configuration.yaml?

Hi @TommyDeblieck,

The integration should be in the list. Could you check the logs for errors?

Thanks,
Jan

Hey, i changed my HomeAssistant from RPI 3 to my qnas platform. After doing that, i was able to find it in the integrations list. I guess it is because on a RPI 3 you can not install the visual studio addon.

Now that i installed it, it has found several devices/entity’s, but for some reason the status of these entity’s are not update when i operate the stove manualy. Also starting the stove from the entity is not working. Any suggestion on what i might do wrong?

thank you for the help :slight_smile:

Thank you for your share !

Every thinks is good.

1 Like

I have a Rika pelletstove myself, but I don’t have the firenet usb stick (yet).

Can anyone confirm that

• heating power is visible like in this post (Rika FireNet support)
  • that you can not only read the sensors but also change the heating power from this component

To all contributors :+1: nice job !

Yes, you can pilot (start and stop) and change temperature with this plugin.

I search to have 22 °C and my temperature is 21°C. I stop the pelletsove
On parameter view. You can up and down temperature.

poele1

@Fockaert
Hi Jan,

I couldn’t wait so I ordered the stick anyway :slight_smile:

Added through HACS, worked after clearing browser cache (before I was not able to see the component -has nothing to do with the component, I know).

Thanks Jan for this component.

Can I make a feature request?
On the rika-firenet website I’m able to switch on/off the stove and also change the power (between 30% and 100%)

This would be greatly appreciated when it can be added in a future release.

Hi @ygeffens,

We could add an additional slider for this, assuming the climate component is only for temperature. Could you create new ticket/issue on https://github.com/Fockaert/rika-firenet-custom-component/issues please.

Thanks,
Jan

Hi everyone,

With https://github.com/Fockaert/rika-firenet-custom-component/issues/7 I’ve added support for switch and number entities. But the number entity (https://developers.home-assistant.io/docs/core/entity/number) I’ve issues testing this. I need to find a way for adding a slider on dashboard for updating the value, who can help me with this? If needed I can merge this branch to master if it’s easier testing.

Thanks,
Jan

Hi @ygeffens, with latest home assistant release, a text box is shown with ± buttons to modify the new number entities room power request and room heating power. Merged branch to master, so please try it out :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Jan

Thanks Jan

Since I’m using HACS (and installed this component with Hacs) i would expect to se an update notice in HACS, but this is not showing up. Do I have to do something manually to trigger this update ?

Update:
I updated the component manually.

I see these entities:

- number.woonkamer_heating_power
      - sensor.woonkamer_heating_power
      - number.woonkamer_room_power_request
      - sensor.woonkamer_room_power_request
      - switch.woonkamer

Does the domain ‘number’ exist? I thought it was ‘input_number.xxx’ ?