Ring Doorbell "Camera Previews"

Any updates on this??

1 Like

The Ring integration works properly.

Yes the integration is working ok but it only shows the last recorded event, I would prefer it shows that latest preview / snapshot image which is what this thread was discussing?

2 Likes

So sad about reading that there’s no way to see a live stream from the ring s cameras or doorbell… Their subscription plan for security and cloud is great but being not able to use their cameras on live view with HA makes me rethink about the cameras I need to use

2 Likes

same here…
and also wyze camera…

1 Like

I have a live feed of my Wyze cam in home assistant with a Picture Entity Card Configuration and my wyze camera as the entity and camera view(optional) set to live

how do you set up wyze cam in HA?

thanks. I heard that rtsp firmware is not updated with any new features. but I haven’t try that yet.

They actually Just recently updated their rtsp firmware I believe

Let’s try to stay on topic for Ring :wink: this isnt a wyze feature request thread lol.

1 Like

@balloob I’ve just updated to HA .110 and can now see my ring doorbell (with other cameras) in HomeKit. Whilst not perfect, that last snapshot image would be a huge step forward. Any news on how this is progressing?

2 Likes

I figured out my issue finally and it worked… immediately…

I have a rental property and my home covered.
To troubleshoot I added the rental property cameras and they all showed up perfect as they should. But 0 cameras from my home would function.

The new Ring Alarm Pro allowed me to setup local storage to an SD Card. When doing this I also enabled Video Storage Encryption on both local and cloud storage.

I removed the Cloud Storage Encryption and Local Storage and immediately got the previews back and no errors in the HA Log.

I have not tested which new Ring feature caused my issues yet but just went back in to my Ring Setup and re-enabled local Storage.

I will update if this causes my issue to come back.

If not, then troubleshooting would lead me to believe that the encrypted videos caused the issues.

So far, with both Local Storage and Encryption disabled my Lovelace cards have all been working for over 48 hours.

Hope this helps others!!!
I have been trying to figure this out for over a month and really did not feel like Ring API or HomeAssistant updates would break this function.