Ring Doorbell

Is there any additional setting to get the video to play when you click on the image? I just get the usual info saying ‘idle’ and when it was last updated (using hassio)/ I’ve also just noticed that I lose connection to all cameras (not just ring) after 10 or so minutes and then I lose the connection to home assistant, nothing in logs it just hangs on ‘reconnecting’

what ffmpeg setting should i use? I see it the cam and all the video but its super slow! @tchellomello

Also how can i get the light sensor and siren to show up in HASS? I know we got this working in the repo and python library, since i tested it

never mind, my login issues are to do with 57.0, just coincidence it happened when I’m messing about with this! I still cant get the video to play when clicking though

Anyone having an issue with displaying the video/screenshot? After I loaded the new camera component and added it to my groups I could see the screenshot and click to view the video. The video played, but was very slow.

After a couple hours I refresh and the image says (Image not available) and I can’t view the last video anymore.

During testing and now in live, I am having massive issues with this component. I am running HA in docker on a synology nas.
Loading FFMPEG component into my config kills all my Zoneminder cameras…It also causes HA to run abnormally (switches not firing etc)…

I am not sure if anyone else is having this experience, but I cannot use this component…

Camera’s should be integrated centrally (like into a dedicated 3rd party CCTV application like Zoneminder) and then that integrated into HA…

I am not saying Zoneminder is great… .it is really a very old piece of … however it is the only central CCTV component in HA… having miss mash, one by one cameras integrrated into HA (in my experience) plays havoc in HA… I have tried in the folwing platfrms:

RPI, dedicated Quad core Linux server, Intel NUC and Synology NAS (16Gig RAM DS1515+) all with varying degrees of success, however one thing keeps failing them all, and that is seperate camera components…

Like @uiguy I’ve disabled the ring camera for now as getting lots of camera related errors in the logs and HA becoming unstable and switches not responding after a number of hours. Not sure if its the ring camera or ffmpeg thats causing it.

Logs can be provided to @tchellomello for troubleshooting.

UPDATE: Even after removing ring camera and ffmpeg still getting the following errors in the logs.

WARNING (SyncWorker_16) [ring_doorbell.doorbot] Could not find total of 5 of kind ding

I’m also seeing the motion detection being constantly detected in the HA UI and not defaulting back to not detected after a period of time.

Update: This seems to have resolved itself over time.

I got plenty of these as well now, which I only had a few of with the prior dev version - just to get a sense of frequency:

2017-11-05 08:58:17 WARNING (Thread-19) [ring_doorbell.doorbot] Could not find total of 5 of kind ding
2017-11-05 08:58:48 WARNING (Thread-10) [ring_doorbell.doorbot] Could not find total of 5 of kind ding
2017-11-05 08:59:18 WARNING (Thread-8) [ring_doorbell.doorbot] Could not find total of 5 of kind ding
2017-11-05 08:59:48 WARNING (Thread-16) [ring_doorbell.doorbot] Could not find total of 5 of kind ding
2017-11-05 09:00:18 WARNING (Thread-18) [ring_doorbell.doorbot] Could not find total of 5 of kind ding
2017-11-05 09:00:51 WARNING (Thread-2) [ring_doorbell.doorbot] Could not find total of 5 of kind ding
2017-11-05 09:01:22 WARNING (Thread-20) [ring_doorbell.doorbot] Could not find total of 5 of kind ding
2017-11-05 09:01:51 WARNING (Thread-15) [ring_doorbell.doorbot] Could not find total of 5 of kind ding
2017-11-05 09:02:23 WARNING (Thread-10) [ring_doorbell.doorbot] Could not find total of 5 of kind ding
2017-11-05 09:02:51 WARNING (Thread-6) [ring_doorbell.doorbot] Could not find total of 5 of kind ding
2017-11-05 09:03:22 WARNING (Thread-4) [ring_doorbell.doorbot] Could not find total of 5 of kind ding
2017-11-05 09:03:58 WARNING (Thread-16) [ring_doorbell.doorbot] Could not find total of 5 of kind ding

unfortunately I wasn’t able to find the error in the github to see what may be causing this …

I dont have ffmpeg enabled in my setup yet

1 Like

I updated to 0.57.1 and the Ring camera is working fine for me. Incidentally, the video appears fast in HA, but appears fine when I view the downloaded video using any other media player.

1 Like

Nope still getting errors filling my log even running 0.57.1. See below:

2017-11-05 22:31:14 ERROR (MainThread) [aiohttp.server] Error handling request Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/aiohttp/web_protocol.py", line 422, in start resp = yield from self._request_handler(request) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/aiohttp/web.py", line 306, in _handle resp = yield from handler(request) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/coroutines.py", line 213, in coro res = yield from res File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/coroutines.py", line 213, in coro res = yield from res File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/http/ban.py", line 58, in ban_middleware_handler return (yield from handler(request)) File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/http/__init__.py", line 423, in handle result = yield from result File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/camera/__init__.py", line 387, in get response = yield from self.handle(request, camera) File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/camera/__init__.py", line 425, in handle yield from camera.handle_async_mjpeg_stream(request) File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/camera/ring.py", line 117, in handle_async_mjpeg_stream yield from stream.close() File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/haffmpeg/core.py", line 134, in close yield from self._proc.communicate(input=b'q') File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/subprocess.py", line 195, in communicate loop=self._loop) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py", line 332, in __iter__ yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion. File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 250, in _wakeup future.result() File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py", line 245, in result raise self._exception File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 180, in _step result = coro.send(None) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/subprocess.py", line 143, in _feed_stdin self.stdin.write(input) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/streams.py", line 294, in write self._transport.write(data) File "uvloop/handles/stream.pyx", line 632, in uvloop.loop.UVStream.write (uvloop/loop.c:74658) File "uvloop/handles/handle.pyx", line 150, in uvloop.loop.UVHandle._ensure_alive (uvloop/loop.c:54963) RuntimeError: unable to perform operation on <WriteUnixTransport closed=True reading=False 0x7fc2e8311298>; the handler is closed

Those aiohttp.server errors are not necessarily related to Ring Camera. They have been there forever.

Those error only appear when I have the ring camera enabled and showing though.

Correction only after I’ve played back footage from the ring camera. Strangely I just disabled ffmpeg to see if that was causing the issue and the video still played back and errors still show.

Those errors appear with any camera component, not just Ring. I am guessing the camera is working for you despite those errors, in which case you can filter those errors in the logbook.

I’ve had to disable the ring camera again as its still making HA very unstable, I use the Synology camera component and don’t get those errors. When I have the ring camera enabled and view the last motion the errors appear. I had the system running overnight and when I looked at the camera this morning the whole systems locked up and I had to restart Home Assistant. The logs pointed to accessing the ring camera being the last task before lock up.

Any ideas @tchellomello ?

Are you running your HA on a Pi by any chance? ffmpeg is heavy on the system, so that may be causing issues. Run top when you open the video to see if the usage goes up.

Nope a Synology DiskStation, allocated 1GB just for HA.

I have the same issue in my logs as soon as I upgraded to 0.57. I had not even got a chance to setup new ffmpeg feature yet, Just using the same standard ring component set up that I’ve had for six months without any issue.

The following error is blowing up my log!
WARNING (Thread-15) [ring_doorbell.doorbot] Could not find total of 5 of kind ding

@tchellomello Created issue for video_url expiring and camera not updating to the new URL.

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/10407

I believe the component needs separation between devices that support the various options - some devices dont support DING so this causes the error, however the binary_sensor cannot be enabled for the doorbell and disabled for the cameras … see here my conclusion Upgraded HASS.IO from 0.56.2 to 0.57.1 - getting Ring Doorbell errors

@tchellomello see above post - I guess that is causing the error described multiple times in this thread